Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 1.3 Pick Derek Stingley Jr.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
My thoughts late today seem to be confirmed. Appears they feel like they can get 1 of these o-linemen at 13…they all seem to be sliding already…will feel much better about the pick if they get 1 of these highly rated o-linemen.

i just dont know how much of a difference he’s gonna be able to make for the defense…

Mangler

Toro de España
Well, this pick makes me hella nervous! I like the kid but I’m not sure what to think. I’ll be rooting for him to success nonetheless.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
More than before I now covet that 13th pick. I feel like it's the only way the Texans don't come out looking like complete morons if Stingley can't stay healthy.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I'll predict right now this will be a colossal failure of a pick.

I'll only be wrong if the Texans actually get lucky on this one. And they're gonna need some big time luck on this pick.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
I'll predict right now this will be a colossal failure of a pick.

I'll only be wrong if the Texans actually get lucky on this one. And they're gonna need some big time luck on this pick.
Let’s hope you’re wrong but in theory any of these picks could be a failure. Feels like a small reach but I can’t see them doing this unless they fell REALLY good about his health

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Let’s hope you’re wrong but in theory any of these picks could be a failure. Feels like a small reach but I can’t see them doing this unless they fell REALLY good about his health
I'm hope I'll end up wrong as well. But I don't think that'll be the case. Long term, this pick is definitely a fail.

nut

Veteran
Pretty ballsy move with a 3. But if a CB pans out to be a boss hog, he's worth his weight in gold. Good luck to us. I just want a winner this year. Hope we take care of business.

badboy

Hall of Fame
nope all these picks don't come with a Lisfranc injured foot. He is starting behind others with no injury like Sauce or even McCreary.

take6

Noob
That's a classic Texans head scratcher. The more things change around here the more they stay the same.
You are rite. If there is a way the texans can screw it up they will. We had 2 players in the top 20 did wr get return on or investment ? I dont think so. Where are these guys rated in the top 50. We shoukd of had 2 studs in the top 20. We didnt get one in the top 20. . Looks like things stay the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
nope all these picks don't come with a Lisfranc injured foot. He is starting behind others with no injury like Sauce or even McCreary.
Is there really that much difference between two CB prospects being drafted talent wise, just coming out of college and going into their rookie season in the NFL ? I dunno could the difference in talent be by such a huge margin ?
Maybe Suace is less talented, but he seems to have so much less of a risky profile given Stingleys injury history ?
Apparently Casserio & Lovie aren't particularly interested in avoiding risky prospects ?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Is there really that much difference between two CB prospects being drafted talent wise, just coming out of college and going into their rookie season in the NFL ? I dunno could the difference in talent be by such a huge margin ?
Maybe Suace is less talented, but he seems to have so much less of a risky profile given Stingleys injury history ?
Apparently Casserio & Lovie aren't particularly interested in avoiding risky prospects ?
My points exactly.. ignore Lisfranc and the ankle sprain and Stingley my guy. I even had a thread on him months ago. I can see Sting matching Sauce his first 2-3 seasons-- maybe and that is what I see Car sterio doin;g betting Sting will be great and worry when foot crops up as issue.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
Does anybody really think the Texans didn't do their due diligence on all of these top prospects? The difference is in character and makeup. Sauce would never meet the Easterby factor.