Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan OLB online article - Where's Shantee Orr?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The Texan homepage has a link to an article about the OLB's. Babin, Wong, Peek, Charlie Anderson, and Raheem Orr are mentioned. Newcomer Anthony Dunn is described as "currently backing up Babin" at LOLB.

But what about Shantee? He played fairly well coming off the practice squad late last year (I thought). Not a word for the other Mr. Orr. Has Shantee been moved to ILB? Is he in the doghouse? I haven't heard a thing about him, anyone else have any info?

I think that a Babin - Peek OLB combo as our 2005 starters is the target of our staff. I sure hope Peek is in the game mentally because he sure has the physical tools. I have no clue where S Orr fits in. He may always be the Johnny Longshot of linebackers here.

__V__ said:
I think that a Babin - Peek OLB combo as our 2005 starters is the target of our staff. I sure hope Peek is in the game mentally because he sure has the physical tools. I have no clue where S Orr fits in. He may always be the Johnny Longshot of linebackers here.

Let me guess...this plays back into the bring in Gildon thread? :hmmm:

Babs-Wong-Sharper-Peek... that looks like a good set left 2 right. We'll see how this plays out...it will be heavy fodder for the BBS until starting day (and probably after that!)

If Babin and Peek win the OLB spots in camp then Wong would certainly be an ideal (though expensive) backup for both positions. This teams all-around depth is getting to be quite impressive with the versatility that players like Wong, Pitts, and Coleman are expected to show.

I like the idea of Wong competing with Foreman for the ILB spot as he was quite successful as a MLB with the Vikings, but we haven't heard anything from the coaching staff on that possiblity.

My guess is that with the amount of uncertainty that still remains at OLB asking Wong to try and compete for the 3-4 ILB spot and the ROLB spot would get too convoluted at this point. Perhaps we'll see this as a possiblity in next year's off-season if Peek and Babin show out this year.

I thought Shante Orr had a great season last year coming off the bench (aka practice squad). I hope we don't lose him.

I do not think that Peek will beat out Wong in camp but I do think that they see Peek as Wong's replacement after this season. Wongs contract is working against him as Peek gets his experience too.

I don't think Orr is lost in the shuffle. I think he's right where the coaches want him. Say that Babin does what's expected of him next season and Peek sontinues to improve. As clandestin pointed out Wong is an expensive backup at the outside spot but if you think about it Orr would be a perfect backup for those two. Wong will then be moved to compete for an inside spot.

Babin-Wong-Sharper-Peek

would be IMO an improvement over

Babin-Foreman-Sharper-Peek.

Babin-Wong-Sharper-Peek?

Are you thinking the future or present with this line up? Because I happen to believe that with the DL improvements, much success will come to Mr Wong this season. If I am not mistaken, he will line up on the same side as R. Smith which should allow him to get more pressure on the QB.

Back