Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXAN NATION: what are your predictions against the patriots? who wins this fight?

g-class

the essential
vs

^^^ although, i am no one special in regards to being a great football mind, i am quite observant and even analytical. this is not your grandfather's TEXANS! yes, our team is built upon a foundation of new faces, but its a foundation of youth, vigor, swagger, and pro bowl experience.

therefore, i am hereby predicting a very close and hard fought match-up against the new england patriots. it shall be physical and intense. nonetheless.....

TEXANS - 23

patriots - 17

Reactions: ROO

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I think the Texans pull this one out. Young QB with a limited game plan against one of the best D's in the league? Recipe for disaster for the Patriots. I just don't see them winning this unless this QB plays awesome.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
You just don't beat the Pats easily in their house. Of course I hope I'm wrong but I have to call them like I see them.

Texans 3
Patriots 35

Last edited:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
You just don't beat the Pats easily in their house.

Texans 3
Patriots 35
I'd bet you anything they don't lose like that and get spanked by some rookie by a Watt led defense.

Tell you what, I'll make an avatar bet with you that they don't lose by more than 10 IF THEY LOSE.

The loser sports whatever avatar the other chooses.

No way in hell the Pats beat this Texans team like that. Its very likely THEY lose.

frethack

Rookie
Houston 13
Pats 10

I also predict jamtexan will create a thread about game 4 before this game begins.
Lots of animosity for JamTex. Personally, I like what he's brought to the board...kool-aid and all. Takes all kinds of people to make this place interesting.

Back to the thread topic...
Texans 30
Pats 13

Pats D wears out because an anemic offense leaves them on the field the whole game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
Lots of animosity for JamTex.
I don't see it so much as animosity, but rather poking fun at the new guy who put himself in the spotlight. I like JamTex koolaid, but am also enjoying the banter over his "style". Good stuff.

Edit to add: Yeah, gclass, see, you done walked all over a TexansTalk tradition and done dissed Eliis Unit by stealing his thunder. You and jamTex suck! LOL!

Last edited:

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
Texans 27 Patriots 23

We exorcise a big demon, at less risk, after exorcising the chefs. With a win, we could be on the way towards something special. I expect special next year, but I am digging the current story arc

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Lots of animosity for JamTex. Personally, I like what he's brought to the board...kool-aid and all. Takes all kinds of people to make this place interesting.

Back to the thread topic...
Texans 30
Pats 13

Pats D wears out because an anemic offense leaves them on the field the whole game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
No animosity on my part. I just thought it was funny and an easy bet.

Reactions: ROO

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I don't see it so much as animosity, but rather poking fun at the new guy who put himself in the spotlight. I like JamTex koolaid, but am also enjoying the banter over his "style". Good stuff.

Edit to add: Yeah, gclass, see, you done walked all over a TexansTalk tradition and done dissed Eliis Unit by stealing his thunder. You and jamTex suck! LOL!
This is actually sort of hilarious.

I don't get the JamTex hate at all. Good contributor in here.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Texans 27 Patriots 23

We exorcise a big demon, at less risk, after exorcising the chefs. With a win, we could be on the way towards something special. I expect special next year, but I am digging the current story arc
I pretty much echo these thoughts. I feel like next year is their year to dominate like an elite team, but it could happen this year possibly. I think we end up no less than 11-5 this year and maybe even 12-4 where we possibly compete for #1 seed. This is a good enough defense to where it could catch lightning in the playoffs. You just never know. Next season should be our best chance though.

I like the Texans in this game. Pats defense will be on the field too much. Also, Bill Obrien's former team may have a small edge on game planning against Patriots defense, with a QB who can make every throw and with more weapons on offense.

I want our Special Teams to dominate this game and keep them in bad field position (which I believe will happen )

so, my 2cents: Texans - 31
Patriots - 9

Sonny

TexSon Proud
From ESPN

Consider this with regards to Patriots quarterback, Jacoby Brissett: Rookie quarterbacks are 0-6 in starts against the Texans since Bill O'Brien took over as Texans head coach. The Texans won those games by an average of 14 points. J.J. Watt has 10 sacks in those 6 games.

g-class

the essential
Work has me working a **** ton (oilfield is picking up), that's the reason I haven't done my prediction threads. Damn you glass this is my thing which I will resume next week.
^^^ apologies my good pal. as you may attest, i'm a bit new around this totally cool forum. however, i do believe in territorial rights and to not infringe. therefore, next week you're back in play. go TEXANS!

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
^^^ apologies my good pal. as you may attest, i'm a bit new around this totally cool forum. however, i do believe in territorial rights and to not infringe. therefore, next week you're back in play. go TEXANS!
Haha its cool man, I have been slacking last 2 weeks anyways.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think the Texans pull this one out. Young QB with a limited game plan against one of the best D's in the league? Recipe for disaster for the Patriots. I just don't see them winning this unless this QB plays awesome.
Mobile QB's have traditionally been an Achille's heel for the Texans, especially in recent years. I hope the Texans limiting a mobile Alex Smith is a good sign of things to come. I see the Texans squeaking one out in this game. The way the D has started the season gives me hope. I think it's close because BB has familiarity with Os and L. Miller. His D will be well prepared for a Texans O that is still trying to gel.

austins23

Hall of Fame
The Pats are another team that have taken it to the Texans the past couple of times. Time to reverse that. I think it will be close, 16-10, 20-16 type of game. Good guys win.
This Texans defense has come out with bad intentions. They have been just awesome early on. From John Harris and his "observations", the following really stood out to me....

Here’s the Texans defensive drive chart, starting with the second half of the Bears game through the first three quarters of this game - interception, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover on downs, fumble, punt, punt, field goal, punt, fumble, fumble, punt, punt and punt. I’ll do the math for you - three points allowed, four turnovers forced, one turnover on downs and eleven punts. Dominant, to say the least.

That is five quarters of serious defense. And the fourth quarter of the Chiefs game wasn't much other than FG's. Hope they can keep up the solid D.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
I'm thinking it's going to be a tough, hard fought game.
Texans will win a Thursday night slug fest 24-20.
It's going to be fun to watch.

usernameJJ

Waterboy
If Bill Belichek wasn't a dark servant of Satan I would feel better about this game.
This made me LOL

I predict we knock Brisset out of the game and we get to watch Edelman at QB. He can't throw it AND catch it, can he?!?!

Texans 22
Pats 3

Last edited:

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
This made me LOL

I predict we knock Brisset out of the game and we get to watch Amendola at QB. He can't throw it AND catch it, can he?!?!

Texans 22
Pats 3
Edelman is slated to back up Jacoby.
You do mean Edelman right?

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Houston 13
Pats 10

I also predict jamtexan will create a thread about game 4 before this game begins.
Not likely. I won't write it until after the Titans play on Sunday so we can have a better feel for both teams in order to write a good weekly thread.

RickInHouston

Practice Squad
The Texans have such a tough, tough schedule. But their slow simmer start with two tough wins makes me happy. They should be clicking on all cylinders by about week 10 or 11, just when you want them to.

I still shake my head at the fact Denver (even though their fans say they have the toughest schedule of any team) has such an easy schedule for a Super Bowl winning team. Why?

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
I want to turn on the news Friday and hear about how the win means NOTHING because we didn't beat them with Tom Brady and how they made mental mistakes as opposed to how the Texans simply kicked ass. I want revenge damn it. It's our turn. Vugg it.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There are so many ex-Patriots coaches on the Texans staff that I have no doubt they will grind and find a way to win against their former master...errr...mentor.

I predict the Texans rebel forces win this battle...but will eventually lose to the Empire in the AFC Championship game. :hothboy:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
There are so many ex-Patriots coaches on the Texans staff that I have no doubt they will grind and find a way to win against their former master...errr...mentor.

I predict the Texans rebel forces win this battle...but will eventually lose to the Empire in the AFC Championship game. :hothboy:
Even if it's at NRG? How cool would that be to host the AFCCG and the Super Bowl. Much better than hosting a Superb Owl! :cowboy1::fans:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Even if it's at NRG? How cool would that be to host the AFCCG and the Super Bowl. Much better than hosting a Superb Owl! :cowboy1::fans:
I love me some koolaide sometimes, but if it was so spiked that I'd pick a Houston team over a Tom Brady-led team in a conference championship game...well, let's just say that drink would have me passed out first! lol :shots:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I love me some koolaide sometimes, but if it was so spiked that I'd pick a Houston team over a Tom Brady-led team in a conference championship game...well, let's just say that drink would have me passed out first! lol :shots:
Denver pulled it off earlier this year with an ailing Manning and a dominant defense. If the Texans are good enough to have home field advantage over the Patriots, I think the Texans would have a legitimate chance at winning the game. Might be dreaming it up a bit, but if that scenario plays out, the kool aid might not be that strong after all.