Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/27. FOX. **Artificial Gameday Thread**

(New) Field of Dreams
33lf7lv.jpg

TEXANS SEASON AT A GLANCE:

9/13: Vs. KC - L, 20-27 (0-1)
9/20: @ CAR - L, 17-24 (0-2)

Players to watch:

2552485.jpg

Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston

The Bucs rookie QB got his first W last week, and is looking to build on it. After a horrific week one, Winston improved greatly vs. New Orleans. Look for him to try to loosen Houston's Defense up with some deep attempts and, of course, get his big target receivers heavily involved. The loss of Austin Seferian-Jenkins is a big one, so others will have to step up in his absence.

154525890-e1414957872621.jpg

Texans CBs Kareem Jackson, Johnathan Joseph, Kevin Johnson

With a game vs. a pretty tall receiving core looming, these 3 (along with the rest of the secondary) will have to be ready for any and everything. Deep balls, back shoulder throws, fade routes in the end zone possibly, etc. Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans are a load, so the HOU secondary needs to be ready for the onslaught.
Here we are, folks. Another shot at a W! No fluff, just a fact: We go 1-0 this week! Point blank and the period. Let's do this, fam!

LET'S MUTHAFUCKIN' GO, TEXANS!!

You don't get the 'artificial' quip?

Hint: Turf

I'm new but this thread is professional and spot on, on several levels.
I'm good with it... and when we win.. perhaps a changing of the guard.

Also.. Down With The Sickness, kicks ass.

Time to break some backs and make some people humble old country way.

Can't squander our opportunities to win the division. Period.

Yup! Time for a change before 2-14 strikes again?
I suppose you believe in curses and such also? Had I known it was all just about who creates the game day threads, I would have called up Billy O on his mobile and told him not to even worry about a game plan each week.
:kitten:

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
DeAndre Hopkins passed concussion protocol and will play today.​

Watching for Swearinger to do his best to put another concussion on DHop today, hope the refs have their eyes peeled.

And speaking of referees, how about calling an even game in the backend? Just even would be nice.

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
DeAndre Hopkins passed concussion protocol and will play today.​

Watching for Swearinger to do his best to put another concussion on DHop today
, hope the refs have their eyes peeled.

And speaking of referees, how about calling an even game in the backend? Just even would be nice.

This is one of my main concerns for him coming back so soon.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 22m22 minutes ago

Hopkins started making plays when he was loved to the middle of the field. Would watch for the #Texans to move him around.

I'm sure the above should read "moved" instead of "loved." Having Hopkins come across the middle of the field makes me even more nervous re. his post concussion status, especially since Swearinger also "loves" the middle of the field.

:lol:

Yep. It's Sunday. If that field is as ugly as those pics, we're going to hear about it all through the game from the stupid announcers.

:fingergun::fingergun::fingergun::fingergun:
I suppose you believe in curses and such also? Had I known it was all just about who creates the game day threads, I would have called up Billy O on his mobile and told him not to even worry about a game plan each week.
:kitten:

Maybe OP is BoB and thus the problem! Gotta think outside the box. :fingergun:

Tania Ganguli ESPN Staff Writer

Texans inactives: RB Arian Foster, S Lonnie Ballentine, LT Duane Brown, ILB Mike Mohamed, OG Xavier Su'a-Filo and WR Jaelen Strong. Only six because Jeff Adams went to IR.

I'm wearing my Columbia blue Warren Moon Oilers jersey and Oilers hat to the game. A team and player I truly loved. This is my version of a silent protest. **** the Texans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUCCANEER INACTIVES
QB Ryan Griffin
WR Adam Humphries
RB Mike James
G Matthew Masifilo
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
C Evan Smith
S Major Wright

This is significant:

The Buccaneers will play without TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (shoulder), C Evan Smith (ankle) and S Major Wright (abdomen), all starters. Joe Hawley will get his first start as a Buccaneer in Smith's place. DE T.J. Fatinikun is active for the first time this season after recovering from a shoulder injury.

The Texans will win this game, because the team's back is against the wall. Such a shame that I won't get to watch it because I live too close to Dallas. How I wish this game was played on CBS.

So Terry Bradshaw just said on the pregame show that we were trying to trade for Garoppolo and had to settle for Mallett because Belichick wouldn't part with JG. Interesting.

So Terry Bradshaw just said on the pregame show that we were trying to trade for Garoppolo and had to settle for Mallett because Belichick wouldn't part with JG. Interesting.

So now we are rumored to have gone after every Pats backup in the NFL. Maybe we should just hire Belichick to draft us a QB.

Our future franchise quarterback is still a freshman at UCLA.
6'4 and 210. Drawing comparisons to former Bruin Troy Aikman.
He probably won't come out until the 2017 or 2018 NFL Draft.

But I don't think Bill O'Brien has the time or patience to wait a few years for that talented kid. If he doesn't find a decent quarterback soon it's going to cost this team some wins. He'll eventually be on the coaching hot seat as all head coaches, who don't make the playoffs, typically are. Ryan Mallett has to pan out as a feasible option for a couple years.

Rick was gambling that JG would be there in the 3rd . On the bright side we got the rock of Gibraltar XSF .

Texans inactives: RB Arian Foster, S Lonnie Ballentine, LT Duane Brown, ILB Mike Mohamed, OG Xavier Su'a-Filo and WR Jaelen Strong. Only six because Jeff Adams went to IR.

Man all 6 of those guys could really help this team. That sucks

With thinking Brady not likely to bow out any time soon, if this "request" is even accurate, Belichick having just picked JG with a cheaper immediate future, and knowing Mallet was going to seek FA the next year............makes sense on the part of Belichick. If BOB would have really been interested in JG, he had the chance to pick him in the Draft.

I'm wearing my steel blue Arian Foster, sitting in section 609 Grid Iron.... right now.

Xavier Su'a-Filo has been a huge disappointment thus far. 33rd overall pick last year! Surely there was good talent we could have snagged, or even traded down for, parlaying it into a couple of good players who are healthy and reliable on gamedays.

As far as Jaelen Strong, what exactly is the problem? The team wants to see him practice better before he gets on the field but just let the kid play. He struggled in practices during training camp, dropped a lot of balls, but when the game rolled around he made a couple of TD catches in the preseason. He steps up for the games. Practice? We're talking about practice? I'd rather have a guy who has shitty practices and good gamedays as oppose to vice versa.

I'm watching the NFL Network. Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulj picked the Texans to win. Michael Irvin picked Tampa Bay to win. He says the rookie Jameis Winston will win another game today. Why is Irvin such a hater?

I'm watching the NFL Network. Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulj picked the Texans to win. Michael Irvin picked Tampa Bay to win. He says the rookie Jameis Winston will win another game today. Why is Irvin such a hater?

Not everyone who picks against us are hayers. Least of all, Michael Irvin. He was a Houston supporter all through last season. & he calls in weekly to one of the 610 radio shows.. usually saying good things about the Texans

Not everyone who picks against us are hayers. Least of all, Michael Irvin. He was a Houston supporter all through last season. & he calls in weekly to one of the 610 radio shows.. usually saying good things about the Texans

Yeah, but if Tony Room came out and said he is a Texans supporter, he's still an asshole.

Xavier Su'a-Filo has been a huge disappointment thus far. 33rd overall pick last year! Surely there was good talent we could have snagged, or even traded down for, parlaying it into a couple of good players who are healthy and reliable on gamedays.

As far as Jaelen Strong, what exactly is the problem? The team wants to see him practice better before he gets on the field but just let the kid play. He struggled in practices during training camp, dropped a lot of balls, but when the game rolled around he made a couple of TD catches in the preseason. He steps up for the games. Practice? We're talking about practice? I'd rather have a guy who has shitty practices and good gamedays as oppose to vice versa.

The problem with that is that, due to injuries, we need more of other positions now.

I really don't understand the strategy... first two runs Blue actually gets 9 yards or so. So the obvious "genius" coaching move is to take him out and run Grimes twice for - two yards!

Better punt coverage and you might have a turnover there, awesome kick by Lechler after sucking the first 2 games.

Back