Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Takeaways from the WC WIN!

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Thanks man and appreciate you being a good sport about it. You should lurk here more often aside from just bill v Texans games.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
It wasn't fun to be a Texans fan until they got those points rolling. That gave us a glimmer of hope after a turrible first 40 minutes.
Bills D was not as solid as I had expected them to be.
I was concerned about them from the time I learned we were matched up.
Bills have a bright future - something for you fans to look forward to.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
PS, that block in the back call was garbage. Bills likely attempt the game winning field goal if that wasn’t called. :(
I thought the refs did an okay job allowing the game to flow - only 11 penalties I believe.
Both teams had opportunities and a bad call or two but it comes down to your D allowing us to put up 19 unanswered - that was the killer.

Mangler

Toro de España
They were not all on the oline, but I agree we gotta protect him better.
I would love to see Watson with a top 10 line in front of him.
Devlin has got to go.
Devlin along with O’Brien. I’d love to see a new HC implement the WCO, with a new O-line coach to install the ZBS. Watson and our line as it stands would definitely thrive!

RedWave

Practice Squad
It wasn't fun to be a Texans fan until they got those points rolling. That gave us a glimmer of hope after a turrible first 40 minutes.
Bills D was not as solid as I had expected them to be.
I was concerned about them from the time I learned we were matched up.
Bills have a bright future - something for you fans to look forward to.
I don’t know what happened to the Bills D.

Very strange.

They waited all year to have a bad half like that.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
PS, that block in the back call was garbage. Bills likely attempt the game winning field goal if that wasn’t called. :(
look at the no call block in the back on Reid #20, twice, on Allen's opening drive long run. One call does not make a game, I can show as many either way uncalled, the refs let them play most of the day

stingray

Hall of Fame
What a game.

It hurt to see the Bills lose like that, but that was the most fun, heart pounding, crazy game I’ve seen in a long time.

You can probably now see why Josh Allen is such an enigma. One play he’ll throw a laser across his body, in-beteween three defenders where no one but his own WR can get to it (did it a couple times in OT). And the next play he’ll throw it right to the defense. Then the next play he’ll run for 30 yards. And then the next play he’ll take a 20 yard sack.

Doggoneit!

Oh well. Good game, and best of luck Texan fans.
But according to some long time poster(s).. Allen is a more consistent Qb than Watson, color me confused

RedWave

Practice Squad
But according to some long time poster(s).. Allen is a more consistent Qb than Watson, color me confused
IDK. Only been on this forum for less than a week.

But if Allen becomes consistent, he’ll be top 5 in the NFL. Some of this throws are just “how did he just do that?”

It’s anyone’s guess if he can though. Ugh.

Allen is only in his 2nd year (Watson in his 3rd), so not a perfect comparison.

stingray

Hall of Fame
IDK. Only been on this forum for less than a week.

But if Allen becomes consistent, he’ll be top 5 in the NFL. Some of this throws are just “how did he just do that?”

It’s anyone’s guess if he can though. Ugh.

Allen is only in his 2nd year (Watson in his 3rd), so not a perfect comparison.
Thank you, I think you know your qb better than any of us. I don’t want to get into specifics about certain arguments on this board but I love hearing opinions from someone who actually watches their team.

Fred

Veteran
Wasn't a block in the back call, was this new "blindside block" rule. It's a really stupid rule, but this is consistent with how it's been called all year. If you block someone in the front but they pretend like they didn't see you coming it's a penalty.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Everyone is going on about the Watt sack which was important for sure, as it turned the tide, but the hero was Watson. He literally put the team on his shoulders and ran that TD in with defenders hanging off him. He then followed up by going for two, and diving in to get them his damn self! That final play in OT was simply amazing!

Props to Watt and the defense for doing their jobs and getting the necessary stops. But Watson deserves all the accolades...
Watt was a soldier .. but he even admitted that Watson was the spark. Watson won that game yesterday. #begreat
The hero was JJ Watt. To say otherwise just shows the biases.

He came back early from a surgery no one has never done before. He provided the sack to turn the tide. He was the momentum. Watson rode the momentum.

Granted, without Watson’s performance Watt’s performance would have been in vain. But it took JJ Watt’s performance to wake him up.

Evidence is in the TD run Watson had and the one in the first half. One was running for the end zone through defenders, the other was running for the sidelines avoiding defenders.

That game was close to being just like Indy last year.

Watt is the ultimate professional and teammate. He is always going to credit other people before himself.

His post game was all about others and telling other people to be great.

Watson admittedly said “Why not me?” to Watt in his immediate post game.

Don’t misrepresent the facts. The hero on the field was Watt.

Hero=Watt all day long.

badboy

Hall of Fame
JJ's pec held up. He is still a beast. Taiwan Jones is a secret weapon that must be utilized. DW4 is a damn magician! Gutsy win!
Taiwan a weapon? Based on one pass? He has zero offense until last two games and only vs Tenn had even an avg game. Now if you want to say he is avg on ST I agree but team could prob get that if he is replaced this off season which I expect.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Conley contributing positively has been such a positive development after hearing how terrible he supposedly was when the Texans first acquired him. He had 2 or 3 pass deflections that I remember off hand and only recall him getting beat once. I thought he played better than the $10 million corner.
Conley looked good despite stats of only 3 passes defended. He was $ and is someone we should be clamoring for to get extended past 2020 with his 1.9 cap hit. I expect he will replace Roby going forward with Hargreaves and Fuller's combined savings of $20 million going elsewhere. We need another starting corner brought in this off season. I will be commenting more on roster in my off season thread.

banned1976

sleeper mode
The hero was JJ Watt. To say otherwise just shows the biases.

He came back early from a surgery no one has never done before. He provided the sack to turn the tide. He was the momentum. Watson rode the momentum.

Granted, without Watson’s performance Watt’s performance would have been in vain. But it took JJ Watt’s performance to wake him up.

Evidence is in the TD run Watson had and the one in the first half. One was running for the end zone through defenders, the other was running for the sidelines avoiding defenders.

That game was close to being just like Indy last year.

Watt is the ultimate professional and teammate. He is always going to credit other people before himself.

His post game was all about others and telling other people to be great.

Watson admittedly said “Why not me?” to Watt in his immediate post game.

Don’t misrepresent the facts. The hero on the field was Watt.

Hero=Watt all day long.
Watt was barely touched on the sack. Watson ran over defenders to get in the end zone in regulation then escaped a what could have been devastating sack to set up the game winning field goal.
Great team win; the mega stars on the Texans team and several of the supporting players came up big and they had to. Wouldn’t have won without all of them contributing.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Watt was barely touched on the sack. Watson ran over defenders to get in the end zone in regulation then escaped a what could have been devastating sack to set up the game winning field goal.
Great team win; the mega stars on the Texans team and several of the supporting players came up big and they had to. Wouldn’t have won without all of them contributing.
Watt provided the spark and inspiration for a comeback after returning from season ending surgery. He wasn’t supposed to be in that game. His pregame speech motivated Watson. Watson admitted to as much.

Definition of a hero and leader.

End of story.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
You’re coming here to shoot crow in our faces? Go back to where you came from!

Oh wait... we won? We actually won?

My bad. Welcome! And thanks!

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Aikman is monotone but he's knowledable.
Booger is also, as is Romo and he' also colorful with a sense of humor.
How is Collingsworth annoying ? I think he's another pros pro who knows the game and is very insightful a times.
He just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it’s just me.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I believe the turn around happened.....first, with the Watt sack. Then it happened when Watson free-lanced from the called play and made exciting things happen. It also happened when Hopkins decided he was tired of being held down. 3 superstars deciding the Texans were going to win this game.

OB's game management skills could once again be called into question. Up 19-16, reasonable time still on the clock and the Bills in possession of 3 TO's.....OB runs his offense back on the field and calls 3 straight running plays burning little time and handing the ball back to the Bills. He was playing not to lose versus playing to win the game.

The Texans won this game n spite of OB.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I thought the refs did an okay job allowing the game to flow - only 11 penalties I believe.
Both teams had opportunities and a bad call or two but it comes down to your D allowing us to put up 19 unanswered - that was the killer.
Interesting article about the officiating over the weekend.

The two on there from the Texans vs Bills game where both ruled in the Bills favor and were both called by the same ref. Now I'm not saying he was biased but he was reported as driving off in a new car from a dealer in Buffalo. :kitten:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
watched the game again yesterday .. Watson saved 2 INTS - when he pulled back on great coverage, and fallen reciever(s). Josh Allen said "Fk it" and threw grapefruits out there. He should have been picked multiple times.

Somehow Watson "didnt see his hot route" ... fall. (which he did) and is being criticized for making all the right plays. Only here!! Across the land Watson is being applauded and rightfully so. The true football men saw that OBrien played right into the teeth of the Buffalo defense for 3 quarters. Watson in the 4th Q was a magic show. His effort plays are so damn good. Reaching for the 2 point pylon. He was smart with the ball. Winning football. Winners know how to win. Guys gravitate to other guys who have climbed the tallest of peaks. Freaking awesome man .. against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Jaw dropping. Guys who cant rally behind that and show support and admiration are some of the saddest people we have as fans. What a sad, miserable existence to find the flaws in a historic win like that.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Here's the thing, for those of us who watch the games and see Watson rally the team and make miracle plays we call him the leader of the team and I would say he is but he's not the face of the team, Watt is. I've used this example before but my wife hates football and could pass Watson, Hop or OB on the street and never know who they were but she would know who is JJ Watt is.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what ignited the team and really who cares who gets the credit.

Reactions: JB

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I love that this forum is so invested in being right that we can't have two heroes of the game.

Seriously, be thankful we have more than one player of that caliber. Hopkins was pretty amazing too.
I believe we had two heroes Saturday and fortunately for us one was on O and the other on D so basically we had one on the field constantly.
And I think it bears saying again - if Watt wasn't playing in that game, we lose.
And I am not taking anything away from DW4.