Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Takeaways from the @Titans game.

I know BOB hate is big on this board, but you don't reach the playoffs 4 of 6 year and post two consecutive 10 winner or better season and be the complete idiot he is portrayed on this board. I didn't say he was great, just not as bad as this board makes him out to be.
There's two other coaches who share the same accomplishments as OB. One is Marty Schottenheimer and the other is Marvin Lewis. I'm not saying OB is a bad coach, but he may have also reached his ceiling.

There's two other coaches who share the same accomplishments as OB. One is Marty Schottenheimer and the other is Marvin Lewis. I'm not saying OB is a bad coach, but he may have also reached his ceiling.
That very well may be, but hopefully he will surprise us.

I think Schottenheimer was a very good coach; he was not a great coach and in the end was too set in his ways.

Reviewing some plays on the All-22. Here's a play where I have NO idea what Zach Cunningham is doing. It the last Titans TD. The TD wasn't important, but what was more concerning was how fast they were able to score.

Some notes:
  • Surprised that RAC actually called a blitz here. I like the play call.
  • Watch Zach Cunningham, can someone explain to me what he's doing? He's lined up in the B-gap, between the tackle & guard. Initially, it looks like he's going to rush the passer. Both the tackle & guard are occupied, so looks like should be a free run at the QB. Zach had other ideas for some reason? He cuts to the left???
    • I was thinking, maybe the RB is his responsibility and he notices he's leaking out but loses him once Lewis is out of the backfield.
  • Whit's pass-rush move there is weak. He tries to swipe Lewan's arm away but totally whiffs then is easily pushed to the ground. Every pass rusher is singled-up and no one is winning their battle.
  • Roby has to make that tackle. This was the 2nd missed tackle by the corners on this drive.

View attachment 5179
Wholly crap. He had an unobstructed path to QB and tries to run all the way across the formation to get to the running back. Man talk about tunnel vision.

O’Brien looks lost and confused, Crennel is pouting on the sideline, Buffalo is slapping the offense and defense around.

It’s the 3rd quarter, scoreboard reads 13-0, and the offense looks possibly more inept than it did on the first half. It’s Looking like another embarrassing blowout loss under Butt Chin. Smh

Is Cal McNair even in the building? He should be in his office trying to find himself a new Head Coach instead!

Just finished 1st half. Buttchin is Buttchin. Wasted first half. Wasted ******* year. Wasted ******* time as long as BOB is here. Get your head out of you ass McNair.

Reactions: ROO
We got the win after being rallied by JJ. It doesn't excuse the coaching staff one bit.
More like the spark JJ provided, followed by the unbelievable off script plays by Watson. Thank you god for our “dumb” quarterback!

Reactions: ROO
Invite me, I will go in there and wreck havoc. Is Texian there? Please tell me that's where he's been hiding.

The basement is not intended as a battle dome to attack others deliberately. The intent is more for mediation.

I'm not sure texian is even present. We have some history and I hope we're square. If not, say your piece to me.

The basement is not intended as a battle dome to attack others deliberately. The intent is more for mediation.

I'm not sure texian is even present. We have some history and I hope we're square. If not, say your piece to me.
lol we're cool. I actually don't dislike posters, but when people say outlandish things they need to stand by it and take whatever flack comes their way. I was hater on Schaub and took heat for years so I am no stranger to a different take, but don't try to play the victim role or run away when you look foolish. Stand there and own it. People would respect you more. (I don't mean you or anyone in particular just talking in general terms)

Last edited:
lol we're cool. I actually don't dislike posters, but when people say outlandish things they need to stand by it and take whatever flack comes there way. I was hater on Schaub and took heat for years so I am no stranger to a different take, but don't try to play the victim role or run away when you look foolish. Stand there and own it. People would respect you more. (I don't mean you or anyone in particular just talking in general terms)

Exactly.. im cool with different opinions. I can tolerate most opinions but when you just come out with outlandish opinions than I believe you are just being a troll. And you are posting to just get attention. Andre Johnson is a HOF is a debatable opinion. Is Dan Marino a too 10 qb of all time is a debatable opinion. But somebody saying “Tom Brady isn’t even close to being a HOF”. And that’s just an example. So saying that we should just get rid of Watson right now and start from scratch is a troll opinion. Most reasonable and professionals who know about this game outside this forum would call you ridiculous.

JB, here you go.

Steelbtexan was wrong in my opinion saying that Josh Allen will be a better and more consistent quarterback in the NFL. I think this game proved my point that Watson in fact will be the better quarterback in the NFL.

I didn't even know this thread existed.

Despite Saturday I will stick by my prediction. I think DW4's career goes the way of RGIII.

Man, I'm really deep off in some of you guys head.

LMAO

Exactly.. im cool with different opinions. I can tolerate most opinions but when you just come out with outlandish opinions than I believe you are just being a troll. And you are posting to just get attention. Andre Johnson is a HOF is a debatable opinion. Is Dan Marino a too 10 qb of all time is a debatable opinion. But somebody saying “Tom Brady isn’t even close to being a HOF”. And that’s just an example. So saying that we should just get rid of Watson right now and start from scratch is a troll opinion. Most reasonable and professionals who know about this game outside this forum would call you ridiculous.

Depends on if you think DW4 can win a championship.

We have differing opinions

No trolling here

Depends on if you think DW4 can win a championship.

We have differing opinions

No trolling here
Im not sure if you are moving the goalposts or what. I wouldnt even argue with you if thats all you have said. Not believing that Watson will win a SB is actually a very rational argument. Because winning a title is very hard, some HOF qbs havent won a title. But saying that we should get rid of him ASAP is not rational whatsoever. also arguing that certain qbs that you named are already in the NFL are more consistent or better than Watson is also irrational and makes no sense when the numbers and stats don’t even come close to backing up your argument.

That is where my argument lies with the guys that say this on this board. My argument about Watson is that we might never win a title with him as our qb, nobody knows, but he sure as hell gives us the best chance to do it, especially over an unknown college player. Why would any NFL team blow it up and trade Watson and start all over after his third year? It makes zero sense. If he played like Mitch Trubiski, than you probably have an argument. If the Bears traded away Mitch right now many people would probably say its too early but they wouldn’t get laughed at. As a matter of fact, they are getting laughed at for not picking Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubiski.

Last edited:
Im not sure if you are moving the goalposts or what. I wouldnt even argue with you if thats all you have said. Not believing that Watson will win a SB is actually a very rational argument. But saying that we should get rid of him ASAP is not. And also arguing that certain qbs that you named are already in the NFL are more consistent or better than Watson is also irrational and makes no sense when the numbers and stats don’t even come close to backing up your argument.

That is where my argument lies with the guys that say this on this board. My argument about Watson is that we might never win a title with him as our qb, nobody knows, but he sure as hell gives us the best chance to do it, especially over an unknown college player. Why would any NFL team blow it up and trade Watson and start all over after his third year? It makes zero sense. If he played like Mitch Trubiski, than you probably have an argument. If the Bears traded away Mitch right now many people would probably say its too early but they wouldn’t get laughed at. As a matter of fact, they are getting laughed at for not picking Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubiski.

I actually understand your thought process.

My thought process is, if you dont think you can win a championship with your QB you should move on as quickly as possible.

Now we know this isn't going to happen because more of the fan base thinks like you than me, so I'm rooting for more games like last Saturday's.

I actually understand your thought process.

My thought process is, if you dont think you can win a championship with your QB you should move on as quickly as possible.

Now we know this isn't going to happen because more of the fan base thinks like you than me, so I'm rooting for more games like last Saturday's.
Don’t just say fanbase, you know as well that most if not all experts, and I mean GMs and Coaches when I say experts, would not trade Watson either. Im not saying that I know for sure but Id bet my house that 95% or more of these people would love have Watson as their QB. Id say that just KC, Seattle and the Ravens would say theyd rather stay with their Qb. Thats about it.

Don’t just say fanbase, you know as well that most if not all experts, and I mean GMs and Coaches when I say experts, would not trade Watson either. Im not saying that I know for sure but Id bet my house that 95% or more of these people would love have Watson as their QB. Id say that just KC, Seattle and the Ravens would say theyd rather stay with their Qb. Thats about it.

See: I'm not a go along with the crowd kind of guy.

I really dont care what other GM's/HC's think.

Although I think the list might be much longer than you think. For instance do you think the Packers would give up Rodgers, the 49ers Jimmy G, You really think Kingsbury would trade Murray and this is just off of the top of my head.

For instance if BOB called Cincy today and said after the playoffs we want to trade DW4 for Burrow would Mike Brown make that trade? I know you would but I doubt Brown would.

See: I'm not a go along with the crowd kind of guy.

I really dont care what other GM's/HC's think.

Although I think the list might be much longer than you think. For instance do you think the Packers would give up Rodgers, the 49ers Jimmy G, You really think Kingsbury would trade Murray and this is just off of the top of my head.

For instance if BOB called Cincy today and said after the playoffs we want to trade DW4 for Burrow would Mike Brown make that trade? I know you would but I doubt Brown would.
I think you are just a contrarian no matter what stats or rational opinions are offered to you. I have a very good suspicion that if Watson was on another team and we had Murray, or Jimmy G, you'd be clamoring to have Watson instead of them. I believe you just love going against the grain just for kicks.

Outlier please

Ok.

Probably why San Diego moved on from Drew Brees & hung on to Phillip Rivers.

& don't get me wrong. I saw enough of David Carr in his third season (even though he does have a Super Bowl ring). But yeah, if you're not feeling it, time to move on.

Ok.

Probably why San Diego moved on from Drew Brees & hung on to Phillip Rivers.

Yep, Brees was coming off of a bad shoulder injury so the Chargers moved on. But you can find outliers on just about anything in life. Why didn't the Texans trade for Brees is a better question. BTW, Rivers has had a borderline HOF career too,

Back