Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tackle...Christian DiLauro now a Texan

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
The Texans signed free agent offensive tackle Christian DiLauro.
Will he help the Texans? He's a practice squad guy from Cleveland and then San Francisco. He was signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent out of Illinois last year, cut, then signed to their practice squad, then picked up by the 49er's and placed on their practice squad.
My question is, how can this guy help the Texans with no real NFL experience? Did the Texans sign him just to cut him in 5 days? How does this signing make any since?

The Texans signed free agent offensive tackle Christian DiLauro.
Will he help the Texans? He's a practice squad guy from Cleveland and then San Francisco. He was signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent out of Illinois last year, cut, then signed to their practice squad, then picked up by the 49er's and placed on their practice squad.
My question is, how can this guy help the Texans with no real NFL experience? Did the Texans sign him just to cut him in 5 days? How does this signing make any since?
We have no depth at OT. We lost an OT a few weeks ago to an ankle injury. He'll likely be placed on the PS to learn the system and be available in an emergency.

Until it was pointed out to me that there were a couple guys hurt i thought maybe they wanted him aroun .

But now I realize he just has a good agent who probably has a friend on the Texans Staff to get him a quick look .

giphy.gif

Back