Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

t hollings

Someone posted in another thread that Tony didn't seem very fast. I think they said he didn't seem Portis fast.

IMHO- These guys have two very different running styles. Portis is a guy that is fast regardless of the direction he is moving and once he gets going up field, he is quick to his top speed.

I watched all four of Tony's college games and he reminds me of Robert Smith of the Vikings. More of a hundred meter guy that isn't going to get through the traffic as fast as Portis but if he makes the corner, he just kind of sits back and eats up the yards with long smooth strides.

I predict that if Davis has another good year and Tony is only getting 10-15 plays a game, the Texans may try to incorporate him in the passing game more to take advantage of his speed in the open field.

Hollings has a very fluid running style and has a bit of an effortless gliding style that doesn't seem fast, but if you look at the guys chasing him they aren't catching him. He eats up space very quickly and sure looked explosive to me Saturday.

what did u really expect? the guy played how many games as a rb in college?
1 fumble was a perfect hit.
1 fumble was an exchange between banks and hollings.
at least 1 was legit.

he was drafted because he has great potential---and he showed that.

hes not a polished rb...and wont be for sometime. give the guy a break on the fumbles (for now). ya should of known he was raw with his experience. i saw a player with a really really high ceilling. and i also saw a rb who had solid recieving skills. thats bonus considering he was converted from a db. i feel fine with our rb situation going into the season.

if its a continued problem (the fumbles) in the next couple of games, then maybe its time to cry wolf...until then im happy with his performance. RELAX.

I guess that would be a good way to look at it if he was a project or on the practice squad but he's our #2 RB, a second round pick that per Capers will be fully expected to share the load this year. You guys can spin all the full moon crud you want about why he fumbled the other night, all I know is that he's been putting it on the ground way too much for a guy that could see 100 carries this year.

Well, I can only speak for myself but in my opinion the Texans are deeper than ever before but not so deep that you can't find some projects on the 53 man roster. Hollings is for all practical purposes a "project" with some very good potential. Hey, Babin's a project who's going to be learning on the job. Seth Wand's a project that's (apparently) ahead of schedule. For the most part we're going to be relying on solid veteran players but at running back we're going to have Hollings and Wells (Who's also had some rock-dropping problems in the past).

He has been putting it on the ground way too much. All we can hope for is that it's correctable and it'll improve.

Hollings fumbles were really the only down side of Saturdays game if you ask me. But he did show signs of some pretty good running skills.

DominatorDavis said:
me too. Folks are making a big deal about his fumbles. I think he played well and looked sharpe.
The fumbles are a big deal. Luckily, he has the rest of the month to get that taken care of.

Back