Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Symons signs

Texizgreat

Waterboy
With Symons on will that push Ragone out? Is Ragone worth keeping with Carr Banks and now Symons? Any Ideas how this will shake out?

Texizgreat said:
With Symons on will that push Ragone out? Is Ragone worth keeping with Carr Banks and now Symons? Any Ideas how this will shake out?
They are not cutting a 3rd round pick for a 7th round pick coming off knee surgery, and especailly when the #2 QB is in a contract year. Symons will probably be on the PUP list and/or the practice squad this season...

Yeah I believe there was a piece on HoustonTexans.com in which Capers praised Ragone's improvement from last season. I admit that Symons intrigues me, but I do not believe he will push anyone this season after his injury. I expect him to take the number 3 job behind Ragone in 2005.

i know it's the red raider in me but i hope symons pushes ragone to the practice squad...although more than likely it will be symons on the pup list

keyfro said:
i know it's the red raider in me but i hope symons pushes ragone to the practice squad...although more than likely it will be symons on the pup list
Ragone is not eligible for the practice squad. It is only for players who have not accrued a full season of NFL experience, and free agents who were active for less than 9 regular season games the year before during their accrued season.

I have a feeling that they'll offer either Ragone or Symons up for trade at, say, next year's draft. I have a feeling Casserly realizes that he can continually draft intriguing, but not stud quarterbacks and flipping them for higher picks down the road. I can't say I blame him. It worked for Ron Wolf in GB. Heck, he had Brunell, Kurt Warner, and Ty of the Detmer sisters at one point or another. I think he traded Brunell and Ty for picks that helped stock the Packers for their Superbowl runs. Heck, the Eagles got a 2nd for their 3rd string QB!

I think QB prospects tend to be overvalued by most teams. There's always a chance to trade a back-up QB for a player or a pick that can fill in a starting spot. Back-ups for starters...I'll make a deal like that all day.

Tulip said:
I have a feeling that they'll offer either Ragone or Symons up for trade at, say, next year's draft.
thats if they resign Banks, his contract is up after this season....

Back