Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sugar Coaters

Is there a group of fans that goto the airports when the team comes home that welcomes them back home? Or is that kind of info kept from the general public? Win or lose I'm sure it would be a great morale booster.

I think a group of fans showing at airport after games like Denver or Colts would send a mixed message. The players need to put this type of loss behind them and start mentally preparing for the next.

There isn't enough sugar on the entire planet to cover this embarrassment. They don't deserve our support after an effort like that. Deloach strolling around in the park after a fumble, a general lack of emotion, and going through the motions. A lack of talent is one thing. What I saw yesterday was a lack of effort from top to bottom. Heartless, and effortless. I don't support people who don't even show me they want our support. They should all apoligize and donate their gaqme checks to a worthy cause, lest they be arrested at the airport for theft. :loser

Putting a positive spin on where we're out right now is not that hard: Realistly, nobody would have given us much of a chance to win either of the last two tough road games and no one would have said we'd beat both KC & Tennessee on the road. Sitting here with 4 wins and chance to be @ .500
after our second national TV game Sunday, the team has an excellent opportunity to be back in everyones good graces this time next week.
Of course this assumes that you ignore the nature of the last 2 losses, which
were really ugly and downright pitiful.

And before that they won 4 out of 5.

And before that they lost 2 in a row.

I'm going to evaluate the season when the season is done, and not swing on a week by week basis.

The good things and the areas for improvement on this team are easy to see. The Texans are 4-5 which is right about where I thought they would be at this point. I've been waffling between 7-9 and 8-8 since training camp.

As far as the terrible play the last two weeks, it's a little premature to say the Texans are headed in the wrong direction. This is still a better team than what we had last season. Although I woulld have liked to have seen the team show up yesterday that took Indy down to the final play in Week 17 last year. The team with fire and guts and heart -- you know -- the team with 17 guys on IR.

Well, the best spin I can put on this is that if we can stop this downward spiral and beat the Packers we're back to .500 and 5-5 would mean that every win thereafter is the best season we've had so far.

Beat the Pack and stop the bleeding. It's as simple as that. Then we've got what?

Titans at home (a possibly win for the sweep)
Jets away (Is Pennington going to be back or is that our old pal Quincy starting?)
Colts at home (A chance to put this embarrasing loss away maybe)
Bears on the road (another possible in my book)
Jacksonville away (this game should be a war and very hard to win I suspect)
Cleveland at home (one more possible win)

We should be able to find three wins in there somewhere. If we can beat the Packers and get some momentum going again (in the right direction for a change) then three more wins after that gets us to .500 and right where we all hoped we'd be able to finish at the very least.

Completely possible I think. Probable 8-8 with an outside chance at 7-9 or 9-7 depending on where the breaks fall.

I think the frustrating thing for me is the lack of consistency. It's too be expected for a 3rd year franchise with 3 rookies starting on defense and 2 new lineman additions to the offensive line. Still, when fans see what the Texans are able to do when they put a complete game together it tends to increase the expectations. A win against Green Bay puts the Texans at 5-5. If you would have asked me before the season if 5-5 would be a good start, I would have said yes. The Colts sent a message telling the Texans that they might be a good team, but they might not be ready to challenge for the best in this division.

sugar-coat......hmmm; We will have a high draft pick!!!

Hello Benson. ( Do not reply to the Benson remark.)

To continue on that last optimistic post what are our division rivals doing next week?

The Colts go to Chicago so they're going to win that one I think. Hard to imagine the Bears pulling out a win. The Titans go to Jacksonville and either way that game makes me happy. Either the Titans lose and fall farther down (which is nice) or the Jags lose and come down closer to us. No lose scenario for us.

The week after that gets better. The Colts (who are clearly the cream of the AFC South) are going to pound Harrington and the Lions into kitty litter while the Jags get to go play the Vikings. We get the Titans at home. If that Sunday goes well then we might find ourselves back to second place.

Come week 13 the Jags get to entertain the Steelers. Ouch. We go see the Jets who may be starting Quincy Carter (I said "may"), and the Titans get to go see how much fun the RCA dome can be. Again "Ouch".

On the week we get to try and pay the Colts back Jacksonville has Chicago while Tennessee gets to host Kansas City on MNF. We may lose to the Colts a second time but if that happens we'll at least get to enjoy a Monday night of watching Vermin's (sp?) boys hang 30-40 points on Fishers bunch.

Come week 15 we go to Soldier Field (wish we could have played that one here) while Tennessee gets to play Oakland. No big deal, the Raiders aren't exactly scary this year. Jacksonville gets to go play in Green Bay though (so if possible they may just be colder than we are that weekend) while Indianapolis brings in Baltimore. Mr Manning, meet Mr Lewis. Go ahead and keep throwing late with a big lead on them and see where it gets you.

Week 16 has us in Jacksonville and if both teams have thawed out by then it might just be a good game. San Diego gets to play Indy (Maybe Brees and Manning can get in one of those shootouts where the last team with the ball wins) and Tennessee gets the Broncos. Who knows who wins any of those games. Jacksonville will probably beat us, Indy could get upset but probably wins that one, and I think Denver goes in and beats the Titans.

Final week of the season we get the Browns at home. Tennessee hosts Detroit so I'll be rooting for Joey that day. Indy closes at Denver so I'll be a Bronco fan for one more week, and Jacksonville beats Oakland to drive one more nail into the Raider Nation.

The point of all this is that the other teams in our division have some games coming up that they're going to lose. No doubt about it they've got some real challenges ahead of them. I'm convinced that the AFC South is only sending one team to the postseason (barring a monster collapse from someone) so in all likelyhood that team's probably going to be the Colts. I'm not hung up with going to the playoffs this year. It's not in the cards most likely and from what we've seen recently the Texans still have a lot of work to do before they're ready to make postseason noise. I don't want them going and getting the snot beat out of them. I want to see them go when they're legit and I think they'll be legit at the earliest next season. In the meantime I think we still have the makings of another, better season here. We're going to finish ahead of Tennessee if we take care of business. We have a chance to finish ahead of the Jags if we take care of business.

Good year 2004. We're getting better. Find us a running game and we're borderline playoff material. Hopefully we do whatever we need to do to get that in the offseason and we can beat some people up next year.

Back