Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Steel B's Final Mock

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Rd.3 Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma, The Texans finally get a TE that can stretch the seams of a defense and is a huge redzone target. Only reason he falls is because he's a diabetic.

Rd.3 Trade from Seattle's pick up to the top 10 in rd. 3 using a 4th.

Will Richardson OT NC State, big mobile guy that plays with a meanstreak. I think he will turn out to be a LT in the Cordy Glenn mode. Only reason he falls is 2 DWI's.

Rd.3 Josh Adams RB Notre Dame- Big well rounded, hard runner with good speed. 3 down RB.

Rd.6 Damion Ratley WR Texas A&M- Big fast good hands and surprisingly runs great routes.

Rd.6 Siran Neal- Jacksonville St.- Has played both corner and S in college. While he can play corner he doesn't have the COD to be a starter level player. But will make a great S. Reminds me somewhat of Quin. Best football is ahead of him. I would trade up for him.

Rd.6 Richie James WR Middle Tenn. - Dynamic WR/KR/PR. Super dynamic KR/PR. He's a playmaker out of the slot. Great RAC, broken collarbone knocked him out this past season or he would've been drafted in the 3rd/4th rd. Reminds me of Edelman

Rd.7 Matt Pryor OT TCU- Mauler in the run game and has surprisingly good feet for such a large man. I think he can start at RT as a rookie. TCU has a history of producing OL that can play early. Newhouse/Viatai. I really wanted to draft Noteboom, but I think he will be gone before the 2nd pick in the 3rd rd.

Thoughts?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I’d hate to lose that 4th round pick this year. As we can see with the way the board is shaking out on the TT mock draft there is going to be a prospect that can help the team at that pick. I’m more a fan of moving down at the 68 pick to get an extra 4 or 5 if possible. I think there are going to be some nice prospects in the 3-5 range this year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’d hate to lose that 4th round pick this year. As we can see with the way the board is shaking out on the TT mock draft there is going to be a prospect that can help the team at that pick. I’m more a fan of moving down at the 68 pick to get an extra 4 or 5 if possible. I think there are going to be some nice prospects in the 3-5 range this year.
Gaine has to get the OT/TE positions solved.

Richardson/Andrews are both 1st/2nd rd talents at a position of need. Give me that kind of talent over more/later draft picks. We just have different philosophies. Talent > Quantity.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Gaine has to get the OT/TE positions solved.

Richardson/Andrews are both 1st/2nd rd talents at a position of need. Give me that kind of talent over more/later draft picks. We just have different philosophies. Talent > Quantity.
Agree on talent > quantity. Just disagree on the talent level of these two prospects in particular related to others at their position that should be available same range.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Agree on talent > quantity. Just disagree on the talent level of these two prospects in particular related to others at their position that should be available same range.
Fair enough

Man I really like the back and forth draft talk.

You should check out Richardson, he's going to atleast be a very good RT in the league for a long time if he can stop getting DWI's. Who would you compare Andrews talent level too that Gaine can get later in the draft?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
It will be most interesting to see how Gains draft compare to Smiths. Richardson would be a departure for sure, although I could say the same for Ian Thomas, Texans never went that route with a TE and your pick, Mark Andrews, is far more inline with past players drafted.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I'm not really a fan of Mark Andrews at all. He reminds me a lot of Jace Amaro. They are incredibly similar to me.

He has great production but he's not actually a great receiver. He's not a good athlete, he doesn't run great routes, he's not physical. The majority of his college production came from Mayfield just pinpointing throws where defenders couldn't get to them. Andrews doesn't really get open on his own either. He gets drawn open by others.

I really think he's going to be underwhelming. And I loved him as a weapon in college. I just don't think he translates.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Fair enough

Man I really like the back and forth draft talk.

You should check out Richardson, he's going to atleast be a very good RT in the league for a long time if he can stop getting DWI's. Who would you compare Andrews talent level too that Gaine can get later in the draft?
I had Richardson in my mock going 98. Andrews is an excellent receiver but average athlete and has not shown he can block. I would much prefer Ian Thomas in the 3rd. Better blocker/more athletic higher upside prospect. Dalton Schultz if we’re going for the traditional Y TE role. Conklin or Smythe later in the draft say if we could acquire a 5th in a trade down.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I had Richardson in my mock going 98. Andrews is an excellent receiver but average athlete and has not shown he can block. I would much prefer Ian Thomas in the 3rd. Better blocker/more athletic higher upside prospect. Dalton Schultz if we’re going for the traditional Y TE role. Conklin or Smythe later in the draft say if we could acquire a 5th in a trade down.
I've got Richadson going in the 65-85 range.

Andrews hasn't blocked but that's because he hasn't been asked to block. He's definitely got the size/strength to do it. A big redzone target with great hands? Yep I'll take that.

I like Thomas a lot too, I think he probably will be gone before the Texans second 3rd rd pick. Fast good hand and a decent blocker. Not as much of a red zone threat. Thomas reminds me of OD.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm not really a fan of Mark Andrews at all. He reminds me a lot of Jace Amaro. They are incredibly similar to me.

He has great production but he's not actually a great receiver. He's not a good athlete, he doesn't run great routes, he's not physical. The majority of his college production came from Mayfield just pinpointing throws where defenders couldn't get to them. Andrews doesn't really get open on his own either. He gets drawn open by others.

I really think he's going to be underwhelming. And I loved him as a weapon in college. I just don't think he translates.
He sure seemed to get open alot against the Horns. LOL

I've seen him run seam routes and Mayfield would throw it up had he would go get it, he was Mayfield's safety net. You may be right, but there's a reason he will be there in the 3rd. If he lasts that long.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Rd.3 Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma, The Texans finally get a TE that can stretch the seams of a defense and is a huge redzone target. Only reason he falls is because he's a diabetic.

Rd.3 Trade from Seattle's pick up to the top 10 in rd. 3 using a 4th.

Will Richardson OT NC State, big mobile guy that plays with a meanstreak. I think he will turn out to be a LT in the Cordy Glenn mode. Only reason he falls is 2 DWI's.

Rd.3 Josh Adams RB Notre Dame- Big well rounded, hard runner with good speed. 3 down RB.

Rd.6 Damion Ratley WR Texas A&M- Big fast good hands and surprisingly runs great routes.

Rd.6 Siran Neal- Jacksonville St.- Has played both corner and S in college. While he can play corner he doesn't have the COD to be a starter level player. But will make a great S. Reminds me somewhat of Quin. Best football is ahead of him. I would trade up for him.

Rd.6 Richie James WR Middle Tenn. - Dynamic WR/KR/PR. Super dynamic KR/PR. He's a playmaker out of the slot. Great RAC, broken collarbone knocked him out this past season or he would've been drafted in the 3rd/4th rd. Reminds me of Edelman

Rd.7 Matt Pryor OT TCU- Mauler in the run game and has surprisingly good feet for such a large man. I think he can start at RT as a rookie. TCU has a history of producing OL that can play early. Newhouse/Viatai. I really wanted to draft Noteboom, but I think he will be gone before the 2nd pick in the 3rd rd.

Thoughts?
Looks good to me when it comes to the Oline, but that's the only position I've spent any real time studying in the Draft and I especially like your decision to take two OTs.