Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Steel B's 2024 Final Draft Day Mock

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
2-42 Payton Wilson LB North Carolina St. - Fast, Smart, instinctive, good in coverage.

2-59 Jonathan Bullard S Georgia - instinctive, good tackler, good speed, can play single high, or split S and can play nickle

Trade 3-86, 4-122, 2025 3rd to move up into the 2nd.

3. Micheal Hall DT Ohio St. - Fast off the ball, can rush the passer, needs to add weight and get in a NFL S & C program. Starts out his career as a situational pass rusher

4-127 Caeden Wallace OT Penn St.. Veteran OT who makes very few mistakes, good feet and positioning, plays with power. Can be swing OT

Trade 6-188, 7 - 234, 7-238

5. Tip Reiman TE Illinois - Best blocking TE in the draft, underrated speed/hands. Wasn't used much in the passing game in college, best football is ahead of him.

6-189 Blake Watson RB Memphis - Good all around 3rd down RB. Can break tackles, has good speed, can pass block, run routes and catch out of the backfield.

4-127 Caeden Wallace OT Penn St.. Veteran OT who makes very few mistakes, good feet and positioning, plays with power. Can be swing OT
Like this pick. Coleman, Foster, Jones, and Wallace are all in that 3rd-4th round OT bucket.

6-189 Blake Watson RB Memphis - Good all around 3rd down RB. Can break tackles, has good speed, can pass block, run routes and catch out of the backfield.
Really like this pick. Watson was a popup this season and should have been invited to combine. Can also return kicks.

I think LB isn't as high on the Texans list as SB and a few others on this board seem to think. I also can't do trades in my mocks. Not that I can't - I don't. It's too hard to predict.

All in all...good mock SB.

Since I don't want to clutter up this board, I am leaving my final mock here. This is just for an exercise per se. While I'd be thrilled with this mock. I don't think the board will lay itself out in this way; plus, as I said - Trader Nick is not represented here. There's no way in hell these 9 slots will be the final ones. But it gives anyone interested an idea of where I think they are looking in terms of position and the area that position might fall for the Texans.

final mock draft 2024.PNG

I think LB isn't as high on the Texans list as SB and a few others on this board seem to think. I also can't do trades in my mocks. Not that I can't - I don't. It's too hard to predict.

All in all...good mock SB.

Since I don't want to clutter up this board, I am leaving my final mock here. This is just for an exercise per se. While I'd be thrilled with this mock. I don't think the board will lay itself out in this way; plus, as I said - Trader Nick is not represented here. There's no way in hell these 9 slots will be the final ones. But it gives anyone interested an idea of where I think they are looking in terms of position and the area that position might fall for the Texans.

View attachment 14059
I like it, But no way does the draft fall this way.

Not a fan of Lassiter.

I like it, But no way does the draft fall this way.

Not a fan of Lassiter.

I know Lassiter isn't known as a guy who is going to pick off a boatload of passes, but he seems like he'd be above average in coverage and be able to play outside opposite of Sting. While he isn't my top corner in the draft...at 86...I don't think you're getting much better at CB.

What's your beef with him, out of curiosity? You watch more of these guys than I do, so I'm asking you to learn, rather than challenge your take.

I know Lassiter isn't known as a guy who is going to pick off a boatload of passes, but he seems like he'd be above average in coverage and be able to play outside opposite of Sting. While he isn't my top corner in the draft...at 86...I don't think you're getting much better at CB.

What's your beef with him, out of curiosity? You watch more of these guys than I do, so I'm asking you to learn, rather than challenge your take.
I agree that LB is not a demand priority however, both Wilson and Cooper are those guys you grab when you can. Wilson was best LB Butkiss winner and Bednarik.
Draine, Khyree Jackson and Sainristil could be there at 86.

He's more of a zone CB.

I like guys like Renardo Green, Melton, Sainristil Elijah Jones and even Stiggers.

Guys that can play both man and zone. Also can play inside and some outside.

Back