18th in total FGs

Texans defense through 5 games

19th in total yards allowed
20th in interceptions
13th in sacks
14th total passing yards allowed
24th total rushing yards allowed
15th total points allowed

En otras palabras, right on track for the inevitable 8-8, 9-7 season! Dilley, Dilley!!

Well I had them going 10-6 being on the edge of making playoffs or not. If they win this week they will be 1 game behind my predictions so yea 9-7 falls right into track. But rest assured I was told the rest of the AFC isn't that competitive and that 9-7 will easily get us into the WC game with no tie breakers needed lmao

Well I had them going 10-6 being on the edge of making playoffs or not. If they win this week they will be 1 game behind my predictions so yea 9-7 falls right into track. But rest assured I was told the rest of the AFC isn't that competitive and that 9-7 will easily get us into the WC game with no tie breakers needed lmao

Let me double check you........We are 2-3 and if we win we will uh...uh... carry the one and add......3-3 which will translate to 8-8. == But that does not account for the 7 game win streak that is coming up.

Let me double check you........We are 2-3 and if we win we will uh...uh... carry the one and add......3-3 which will translate to 8-8. == But that does not account for the 7 game win streak that is coming up.

As per NFL.com

Texans offense through 5 games

15th in scoring
13th in completed passes
6th in passing yards
9th in rushing yards
15th in total points
22nd in total TDs
18th in total FGs

20th in interceptions
13th in sacks

Using total yards is a bit off at this juncture, as 4 teams have already had bye weeks. Yds per/gm shakes some of these up a little.

Reactions: JB
Using total yards is a bit off at this juncture, as 4 teams have already had bye weeks. Yds per/gm shakes some of these up a little.

Well, we all know that stats can be made to say anything you want depending on how you present them. I posted this now, but in another five or six weeks I'll do it again and see how things have changed, if any. The only real stat that matters is the win column. LOL

I didn't understand you the first time either

So an 0-3 team goes on to make the playoffs 2-3% of the time, according to history. I'll be curious to see how many people are hyping up the Texans for next season if they finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs. I mean, a 9-4 finish looks good on paper, right?

Reactions: JB
So an 0-3 team goes on to make the playoffs 2-3% of the time, according to history. I'll be curious to see how many people are hyping up the Texans for next season if they finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs. I mean, a 9-4 finish looks good on paper, right?

They were projected to challenge for the division and perhaps the AFC after going 4-12 last year so you know it's gonna happen if they win 8 or 9

The Texans are just like the Astros, I'll believe it when I see it. Astros, saw it. Texans.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's just sad that I have already written off the season. I now watch the Texans the same way I watch the Cougars. I go into each game hoping they'll win and enjoying what I can, but I know they have about exactly the same chance of a championship. So at some level, what's the point?

It's just sad that I have already written off the season. I now watch the Texans the same way I watch the Cougars. I go into each game hoping they'll win and enjoying what I can, but I know they have about exactly the same chance of a championship. So at some level, what's the point?

I went into this season we would finish around the 10-6- 8-8 mark, either making a wild card or just on the outside. Didnt really have expectations for more this year. I just went into the season wanting to see improvement from our team.

As per NFL.com

6th in passing yards
9th in rushing yards
That's pretty damn good to say the least.
Top 10 offense, both in rush and pass.
With Deshaun Watson's knee feeling stronger.
All of that with what's viewed as a weak offensive line.

We also enter the red zone a ton!
We're near the top in red zone plays I heard.

Why is our red zone offense so bad?
Besides the obvious: Bad play calling.

The Dallas Cowboys game really frustrated me.
Yeah, we won 19-16 in OT but we should have scored 30+ easy.

As per NFL.com

15th in scoring
13th in completed passes
6th in passing yards
9th in rushing yards
15th in total points
22nd in total TDs
18th in total FGs

20th in interceptions
13th in sacks

You forgot 31st in red zone conversions. And the rush yards allowed should have been 8th not 24th.

Doesn't shake it up much though. Still 7th in pass yards, 10th in rushing yards, 18th in pass yards allowed, and 8th in rush yards allowed, and 18th in both points scored and allowed, all per game.

And of the 116 rushing yards per game for the Texans offense, only 77.4 of that is from the RBs. 49.6 the last 3 games.

As per NFL.com

15th in scoring
13th in completed passes
6th in passing yards
9th in rushing yards
15th in total points
22nd in total TDs
18th in total FGs

20th in interceptions
13th in sacks
So only 22nd in TDs and 18th in FGs, yet 15th in scoring? Must be 1st in Extra Points!

The defensive stats should improve a lot as season progresses barring injuries. A stat for offense not shown is QB sacks allowed and if Watson not a Walking Dead that statistic also gets much better. McNair should be spending millions on research for a full body force field that allowed tackles but cushions body against impact from bodies and ground.

Back