Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

So am I crazy for having accepted this trade?

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I just traded Dalton, Sproles and Bush for Marshawn Lynch. Crazy?

A couple of people in the league were ribbing me for it but it is a PPR keeper league (we keep 2).

My Starting roster is:

RGIII (Romo behind him)
Martin
Lynch (scores more than sproles or bush)
Calvin Johnson
Demarius Thomas
Denarius Moore
Jimmy Grahm
STL D
Tucker

Basically I made the call that sproles or bush starts for me if I don't have lynch but I can't start both of them and with RGIII and Romo I was ok to give up Dalton (strength of schedule favors RGIII v. Dalton).

I was willing to make the deal because Lynch is a consistent producer for the most part and he's taking on Chi (I'm playing the worst team in my league this week) this week but his schedule softens up quite a bit over the next few weeks. I really had Dalton, sproles and bush and wasn't able to take advantage of any of the points that Dalton and one RB was getting. I will wind up with about 25% more points out of Lynch than I would have out of either sproles or bush and he is much more consistent.

The deal made him better too. His QBs were Cutler/Smith and his other RB was Ballard. He gets to put a lot of points into his lineup and loses the producer that Lynch is. Was I crazy? I think it benefited both teams. Thoughts?

I'm in first place in my league and with a win this week and if the guy that I made the trade with wins this week he will put the closest guy to me 2 games behind me and shore up the #1 seed in the playoffs. I didn't want to fleece the guy and I didn't want to get fleeced but I was willing to overpay to get a solid, consistent guy in at RB instead of trying to guess who was gonig to show up between bush/sproles/wavertrash every week.

Mike

I like the strategy. Dalton was a throwaway for you w/RGIII. Only concern is injury, but you can't predict those. Your starting lineup is better now. You should get the last laugh, imo.

I like the strategy. Dalton was a throwaway for you w/RGIII. Only concern is injury, but you can't predict those. Your starting lineup is better now. You should get the last laugh, imo.

That's kind of what I think. I really think it makes both of us better. As kind of a backup plan I am picking up forsett and I have tate. I'm hoping we lock things up and one of those two starts getting carries as kind of a back up plan. I have Kerley on the bench too. The only place I don't have a servicable backup is Graham.

Mike

Well, it depends on how long Forte is out. If he's out through week 16, Bush should be a solid start. I doubt Forte will be out that long though, so I'd say you did well. I'm guessing the other guy didn't have a second RB to pair with Lynch and decided to get two lessers for one greater. Looks like a good deal for you, just hope Lynch stays healthy :)

Well, it depends on how long Forte is out. If he's out through week 16, Bush should be a solid start. I doubt Forte will be out that long though, so I'd say you did well. I'm guessing the other guy didn't have a second RB to pair with Lynch and decided to get two lessers for one greater. Looks like a good deal for you, just hope Lynch stays healthy :)

It was Reggie Bush.

Mike

If you made the trade earlier in the season I would say it was a bad move on your part. At this point ff is in a playoff stage. You need points in the game...not on the bench. Your depth elsewhere and this portion of the season makes it legit...

I love the trade. I'm real high on Lynch at the moment. The guy is probably the most underrated starting RB in the league, in my opinion, and with Seattle in the position they are in at the moment, you've likely got someone who is going to be getting a lot of meaningful touches until the final week of the regular season.

In your position, I'm taking a stud over a depth chart!

Back