Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Smart Ball Club - Smart Players

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
There's not a lot in the print these days, but what there is is beginning to impress me a lot. For one, we have a number of people learning new positions and adapting fairly well by most accounts. That's a sign of some smart players with very good attitudes. There are other quotes and comments that seem to indicate similar things. I certainly hope I'm right, because I think we may just out think some people this year, as well as, out play them physically. I'm looking forward to when we can wave our magic WADE WANDS. I'm pretty certain you have yet to see the real David. If our O-line becomes a brick wall, then I think some people are going to be in for a real surprise as to what we are capable of doing offensively. Right now we look on paper a whole lot better than last year. That could translate into some big wins this year. Right now, I would say there isn't a game we can't win based on last year's performance and the improvements we have made this year. We took NE to the wall, so I don't see why there isn't a game we can't :taz: win. Can hardly wait for the training camp and preseason to start.

Thats why Ive been wondering why people are hopeing for an 8-8 season. Every game on our schedule is winnable and we should be able to at least win 9 to 10 games(IMO).

2004 Regular Season
Date Time Opponent Venue
Sept. 12
Noon San Diego Chargers (CBS) Reliant Stadium winnable
Sept. 19 Noon Detroit Lions (CBS) Ford Field winnable
Sept. 26 Noon Kansas City Chiefs (CBS) Arrowhead Stadium down to the wire
Oct. 3 Noon Oakland Raiders (CBS) Reliant Stadium winnable
Oct. 10 Noon Minnesota Vikings (FOX) Reliant Stadium winnable
Oct. 17 Noon Tennessee Titans (CBS) The Coliseum questionable
Oct. 24 Noon BYE WEEK
Oct. 31 Noon Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) Reliant Stadium winnable
Nov. 7 3:15 p.m. Denver Broncos (CBS) INVESCO Field at Mile High winnable
Nov. 14 Noon Indianapolis Colts (CBS) RCA Dome down to wire
Nov. 21 7:30 p.m. Green Bay Packers (ESPN) Reliant Stadium questionable
Nov. 28 Noon Tennessee Titans (CBS) Reliant Stadium questionable
Dec. 5 Noon New York Jets (CBS) Giants Stadium (Meadowlands) winnable
Dec. 12 Noon Indianapolis Colts (CBS) Reliant Stadium down to wire
Dec. 19 Noon Chicago Bears (CBS) Soldier Field winnable
Dec. 26 Noon Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) ALLTEL Stadium winnable
Jan. 2 Noon Cleveland Browns (CBS) Reliant Stadium winnable

I think that we win at least half the questionable or down the wire games. Not saying we will win all the winnable ones but I expect 9 wins in 2004.

So Ibar... you said Superbowl for the '03 season. I guess we are winning it all, eh? :mag:

BuffSoldier said:
Oct. 17 Noon Tennessee Titans (CBS) The Coliseum questionable
Nov. 14 Noon Indianapolis Colts (CBS) RCA Dome down to wire
Nov. 28 Noon Tennessee Titans (CBS) Reliant Stadium questionable
Dec. 12 Noon Indianapolis Colts (CBS) Reliant Stadium down to wire
I will make this prediction right now: we will at least spilt the season series with both the Titans and the Colts. I dont see us losing 6 straight games to both and we have been so close so many times against both.

I'd take a sweep over the Titans and getting swept by the Colts, though. :D

I agree with all of you guys...I have been exited about the Texans since before they had a name...but this year I am excited because we have the best team we have had in our short existance and the best chance to go at least .500 in our short history...I think it is all just a sign of all of the good times to come...GO TEXANS!!!!

Bottle-O-Bud said:
We are going to RAM that football between Pitts-Mckinney-Weigert SO many times that it ain't gonna be funny.
This sounds familiar. Wasnt a team's defensive front four we played opening week last year suppose to kill Carr??? Wasnt there running back suppose to slice through our defense??? Dont write anyone off. Thats why they play the game.

Fiddy said:
This sounds familiar. Wasnt a team's defensive front four we played opening week last year suppose to kill Carr??? Wasnt there running back suppose to slice through our defense??? Dont write anyone off. Thats why they play the game.

As scarry as it sounds i have to agree with fiddy The only game in Texans history where we werent the under dogs we got :soapbox: kicked by the bengals the freakin :soapbox: winless bengals...............whew i kinda went back for a second there :crazy: but any way these are all professional teams and underestimating any of them will make for a long sunday

B.Diddy said:
As scarry as it sounds i have to agree with fiddy The only game in Texans history where we werent the under dogs we got :soapbox: kicked by the bengals the freakin:soapbox: winless bengals...............whew i kinda went back for a second there :crazy: but any way these are all professional teams and underestimating any of them will make for a long sunday
oh cappers whont let that happen and the charges may be a pro team but they dont have pro talent

oh cappers whont let that happen and the charges may be a pro team but they dont have pro talent

Anything is possible...remember in 2002 when we went into Pittsburgh and beat them 24-6....we had 70 total yards of offense compared to Pitt's 454 yards of offense...

I think this is a really good year to start getting excited about the Texans (present company for the most part excepted. Most of the people I know in here have been excited about the Texans since before they had a name). For the first time I think we're going into a season with some weapons and at least no more "unknowns" than anyone else.

Assuming the line can repeat and build on their performance last year I find myself expecting very big things from David Carr. Given ample time a journeyman QB can look good. I don't think anyone here considers Carr to be a journeyman. He's a franchise QB with a chance this year to show everyone what he's got. If he gets the time we're going to be looking very good indeed. He's got targets, protection (in theory he should have it), and a running game.

Throw in a defense last season and we could have easily won 8-10 games. We'll have one in 2004 so I'm planning on a very entertaining season of football and maybe, if things shake out just right our first playoff experience.

Optimistic? Certainly. Out of the Question? Hardly.

B.Diddy said:
The only game in Texans history where we werent the under dogs we got :soapbox: kicked by the bengals the freakin :soapbox: winless bengals...............

Not true. We were favored to beat the Falcons last season, and did so.

texans said:

Did you just say they don't have pro talent. Last I saw they had the best back in the league last season and drafted a pretty dang good QB and I WR that with tremendous speed and heart. However, no defense...

Back