Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

should we trade DD

texans said:
If DD does not show up next week and wells does do we trade DD for a good D-line man :twocents:
No and second of all you wont get a good D-line man because DD isnt that highly valued by other teams...The Pats only had to give up a 2nd round pick for Corey Dillion...DD is good but no one is going to give you much...

Mid season trades almost never happen, and player for player trades are even more rare in the NFL... Davis would take too long to learn a new team's scheme.

He wont be traded, nor should he, he had twisted his ankle in the first quarter.

haha... NO.
DD is still our best back- he was just injured on like the first play of the game and couldn't do much after that. As long as he can keep his fumbling problem under control he will bounce back. Also, Hollings is injured so we don't have any depth.
Besides we need more help than one average D lineman. :twocents:

NO WAY!!! Double D has had some turnover problems, but his numbers are still great. There is no reason to turn on a guy because of 2 games.

Doubtful. Though its tempting.. just because of the profit we could make off a trade like that.. I am not ready to give up on Davis yet, and I dont think the Texans organization is ready to either.

Lets look at it this way.

We are going to draft defense this year, and probably next year too.. we dont WANT to have to use our first or second rounder on another RB. Davis showed he could do it, we need to help him get it back. Behind Davis we have Hollings and Wells.. both quality backups but honestly neither of them has shown to have the playmaker quality that DD has.

In our first 2 games DD did GREAT.. take away those fumbles and he was tearing it up.. this game, i dunno what was up.. he was too worried about fumbles or maybe we were just still in the process of wearing the defense down and he would have had the big plays later in the game.. either way.. this has really been his only bad game this season, and he wasnt in for most of it.

I think Davis still has it, if he can stop fumbling, and stop WORRYING about fumbling.. he will still be an awesome back for us.

two good games (other than the fumbles which can be corrected) and one game where he gets injured and your ready to give up on him? Give me a break.

Guys, it's been a pleasure, really it has been quite a ride since I started posting on the official site a gazillion years ago, at least it feels that way. Critique to your hearts content. We win a game, in one of the most hostile enviornments in the AFC, against a playoff caliber team (I don't think so), that had their backs to the wall and each thread I have scanned, is similar, if not identical in tone. I'm no cheerleader and honest, well thought, criticism is to be shared, no doubt. It's just that alot of you guys simply take the joy from a major road win and sheeeet all over it. Were none of you people breast fed? GREAT WIN TEXANS!

I agree 100% that DD is our man. But I'm glad we got to see Wells show that he can produce too. However, I still disagree with Capers keeping DD in when he had those fumbles in the first 2 games. Wells got benched for fumbling in his rookie season, DD should get the same treatment! If DD fumbles, put in Wells! Of course, it doesn't look too good when your #1 and #2 (Hollings) are both fumblers. I'd rather have Wells as our #2.

And don't blame DD for not putting up the numbers today. Our O-line looked pathetic in both our running and passing games. Against the Kansas City D too! :thumbdown

I good running back is worth a top end WR...so offer Davis to the Saints for Jor Horn and then counter with stallworth and another player if they don't like that. :woot

Let's see Davis for Gabriel and Gallery since the Raiders need a RB. :hehe:

The dolphins Running game suck so Davis for Taylor and lamar Gordon... :idea:

you need DD. We have to continue to make people pay when they stack the line like KC di this game. All that is due respect for DD. He have to be able to run the ball and make them pay for overcompensating for the run.

Bwuh? TRADE him?

DD and AJ are the reasons the Texans started to turn it around last year, and how the team stayed in tight games. The guy's had some problems this year (and I agree that he should've been benched today), but you don't freaking quit on the NFL Rookie of the Year.

And even if such a trade happened, who's the threat at RB? Hollings, a guy who had similar fumble problems in the preseason and who ran for a whopping 100 yards all of last SEASON? Wells, a guy who fell all the way to third string when two rookies showed up last year?

Enough of this.

Anyone who suggests dropping DD if he doesn't have a good week next game is the same type of person who would say "Sit Carr, start Banks" after 2 bad games. THETIM said it best....this isn't Fantasy Football.

it would be a good time to trade him. after 4 turnovers in 9 quarters who wouldnt give up a great defensive lineman for a hurt rb that fumbles to much.

Back