Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sharing Gratitude

chenjy9

Rookie
I don't post much and I certainly don't start many threads. If I cross any etiquettes, I apologize in advance!

While I am miserable with how the game ended and in a lot of ways how the game was played, I am also incredibly thankful of this past season. If anyone told me at the start of the season that we would be in the AFC Divisional Round, I would have looked you in the eye and called you crazy. If anyone told me today they expected us to end the season where we are, I would still look you in the eye and call you a liar, or if you have receipts then a prophet. Brand new HC, brand new OC, brand new QB, heck so many brand new players. Damn, did we have a good season!

Here are some of the things I am especially grateful of and give thanks to.
  • Thank you Lovie Smith for getting Easterby fired! A body can only start healing once the poison is removed and you did that. Thank you!
  • Thank you again Lovie Smith for winning a game everyone else related to the franchise wanted you to lose. In doing so, you virtually guaranteed the Texans picking up CJ Stroud!
  • Thank you Hannah for your rise to power. We all knew that leadership was a problem in previous years and that Cal (well meaning as he was) had too many voices in his ear. You helped him block that out and that eventually led to the hiring of DeMeco Ryans!
  • Thank you DeMeco for being willing to come to our team. We all know you had plenty of options to choose from, but you chose us. Your presence lends us leadership credibility and competence after years of completely lacking it.
  • Thank you Nick for having the cajones to pull up draft day wizardry and getting us CJ, WAJ, and Tank. These 3 will no doubt join Nico as a core to the strong foundation where we will continue to build up the team.
  • Thank you CJ Stroud for exceeding what anyone and everyone has every thought you might be as a QB. For the first time since the peak Schaub years, I have hope as a Texans fan again. Heck, I might even have future Superb Owl aspirations. That is a great freaking feeling!
  • Thank you Will Anderson Jr. You will be putting in the fear of the football gods for opposing QBs for seasons to come, especially once Nick finds someone to take some pressure off you!

Disappointed but pretty much what I expected for this game. I just hope everyone doesn't go overboard either way in critiquing what we have. Look at it realistically, see the players we need to move on from and the positions we need to improve on. I do not want to hold on to a player just because I like him but rather for his ability to be productive.

Congratulations to everyone but now it's time for nick Caserio to work his magic this offseason.

March 13th next up.

Hey, I wanted a win. I wanted more than a win, I wanted the same sort of domination we showed in the Brown's game.

But, hey, that's life.

It's been a GREAT season. Congratulations to the Ravens and good luck going forward.

I can't wait for the offseason to see how we're moving forward. I'm expecting great things next season.

Going to have to decide in the off season if I want to start the season as Optimistic Opie or guns blazing as a Negative Nancy.

Guess game one will decide that since it will be next to impossible to go into next season with low expectations.

Going to have to decide in the off season if I want to start the season as Optimistic Opie or guns blazing as a Negative Nancy.

Guess game one will decide that since it will be next to impossible to go into next season with low expectations.

I'm thinking we now own the AFC South once again. That and a dollar will get you a bag of M&Ms, but it also means we'll be getting into the playoffs alot.

I am thankful for an overall entertaining season where
- the Texans won the same amount of games in one year (11) as they did in the threee seasons combined.
- look to have a legitimate top QB
-look to have a legitimate top coach
-Have key players for multiple years at LT,CB,WR, Edge,LB and QB
-All things above signal the expectations for the playoffs over the next handful of years.

It was a good season. I didn’t expect us to go all the way. Cj elevating everyone on this team including the coaching staff is why I would consider him mvp. Slowik has had his bad games but he did a good job scheming up our depleted soft offensive line to get the best out of them. I know Cj has build a relationship with our line but I pray he talks to Caserio and Demeco about upgrading it. I think our center and lt should stay. Maybe keep our other starters as backups. We need a db, pass coverage lb and a playmaker wr

We have two things now that we didn’t have at the end of last season. A head coach and a quarterback that we can be proud of.

If you have both of those, how can you not be excited about the future? It doesn’t get any simpler than that.

They went farther than I expected this year. While I hoped we could win against the Ravens, I was really in doubt that we had enough pieces to pull it off. But we have the key pieces, and with a few more key pieces on offense and defense, I do believe we will be that team in a year or two that no one wants to play and will win that conference championship and that following game. I am very grateful to the Texans for finding the right starting pieces to get us out of darkness of the bottom of the pile.

If last year at about this time they said we are going to hire a new HC again who will have us winning 10 games, the AFC South, and winning a game in the playoffs in his second year as the
HC, I would have said "good deal, I'll take it " !

No I’m not grateful. They happily took our money so I have expectations that I will not settle for. We were one game away from the AFC championship… and we wet the bed. Yeah… this season is a loss. Let’s see what happens next year! It’s always superbowl or nothing. There’s no in between.

No I’m not grateful. They happily took our money so I have expectations that I will not settle for. We were one game away from the AFC championship… and we wet the bed. Yeah… this season is a loss. Let’s see what happens next year! It’s always superbowl or nothing. There’s no in between.
Damn. Tough crowd. Probably ought to stop watching sports because it sounds like you'll never ever be satisfied except for that very rare occasion a championship comes along.

Sure, this season ended in disappointment. I mean losing and your season ending is always disappointing. But I don't care how much of a homer anyone is, nobody expected this team to get to the divisional round of the playoffs. And considering where they were a year ago, if you can't be grateful for that, you probably never will be.

There's been a lot of dark days down there on Kirby the last few years that have turned this fanbase into an apathetic one at best. I, for one, can be grateful that those dark days appear to be fading away. Being a fan of a laughingstock franchise isn't fun so I can be grateful we're not sitting there anymore. I mean last year around this time a lot of us were disappointed about a season ending win. Yeah, that happened.

So I'm always grateful for better days. Not happy how it ended but grateful we're not a bottom feeding laughingstock.

Disappointed but pretty much what I expected for this game. I just hope everyone doesn't go overboard either way in critiquing what we have. Look at it realistically, see the players we need to move on from and the positions we need to improve on. I do not want to hold on to a player just because I like him but rather for his ability to be productive.

Congratulations to everyone but now it's time for nick Caserio to work his magic this offseason.

March 13th next up.

To the Team and Coaching Staff: Unbelievably good year. Beyond any expectations!!!!!

To Nick: In the 2023 off season, you had probably one of the top 10 performance that any GM, has ever had in NFL history. But 2024 is a new year, and it has just arrived. 2024 is your chance to show the world that you are not just a "lucky one hit wonder" as a GM.

1) You have the vast majority of your offensive line which has been out with injuries almost the entire year, coming back healthy and signed, to give you both talent and depth, from tackle to tackle.
2) You have draft picks (maybe not as many as you would like, but you have the important ones).
3) You have cap space.
4) You have a team in a state with no income tax.
5) You have a coach and QB that will attract top end free agents.

What you do not have, is any excuses not to make this team into a super bowl contender for the 2024 season!!

2024 is your time Nick. Paint us a masterpiece. Show us that you are the best GM this city has ever seen. Nick, build us a dynasty!!

When I was a kid, my aunt said something to me that stuck like glue.

“Wherever you go, whatever you do, there is always going to be that one in the crowd.”

The Jags will continue to be pesky, and the Colts as well. The Titans will remain the Titans, just like they've always been. :lol:
I have no doubt the Colts will challenge.

I have no doubt that the Jags will constantly challenge on paper... but until they prove they have changed, the Jags will forever Jag.

Reactions: JB
It was a good season. I didn’t expect us to go all the way. Cj elevating everyone on this team including the coaching staff is why I would consider him mvp. Slowik has had his bad games but he did a good job scheming up our depleted soft offensive line to get the best out of them. I know Cj has build a relationship with our line but I pray he talks to Caserio and Demeco about upgrading it. I think our center and lt should stay. Maybe keep our other starters as backups. We need a db, pass coverage lb and a playmaker wr

We have a playmaker WR, he broke his leg. I don't think as much of the line needs to be replaced as that they just need to stay healthy. Thing most on here forget is that our end of the season line was made of "We have to a warm body and hope and pray". Green we got in August and he cost us a 6th round pick, no one expected him to be great and he met expectations. Mason is a vet and while I'm not thrilled about his 3 year contract I chalk it up having a vet on the line and he hasn't been the worst. I have wanted Heck gone for years now and I think he's just about done, 4 years in now and he his whole professional career is exactly 2 sentences on Wikipedia. Plus his brother is the assistant strength and conditioning coach which we've had problems with that to. I say give the whole family the boot.

We have a playmaker WR, he broke his leg. I don't think as much of the line needs to be replaced as that they just need to stay healthy. Thing most on here forget is that our end of the season line was made of "We have to a warm body and hope and pray". Green we got in August and he cost us a 6th round pick, no one expected him to be great and he met expectations. Mason is a vet and while I'm not thrilled about his 3 year contract I chalk it up having a vet on the line and he hasn't been the worst. I have wanted Heck gone for years now and I think he's just about done, 4 years in now and he his whole professional career is exactly 2 sentences on Wikipedia. Plus his brother is the assistant strength and conditioning coach which we've had problems with that to. I say give the whole family the boot.
Center? LT yes, but I sure hope you're kidding about the center

Good insight fellas. I forgot about Shaq Mason and I would want him to stay. He’s probably been our most consistent line man the past season. I don’t think we were suppose to be in the divisional round. Slowik and Cj has made our ol look middle of the pack when there really towards the back of the line. Props to the ravens coach Harbaugh. He had his best pass rusher matched with our worse pass blocker in Scruggs. Haha I remember the score was 17-10, slowik designed a nice screen play for hutchinson. George Fant couldn’t even pancake block a db who weighs 100 lbs lesser than him and that db stopped hutchinson from a potential td. At that moment I knew we weren’t going to win. I’ve watched other teams, Seahawks, cardinals, lions and even their average line can pancake block a db. If I find that play im going to post it. That was really disappointing from Fant.

Gotta know that I'm looking forward to Caserio spending draft capital and fa money to make sure the Texans can some more than three points in a playoff game.

Fix that and wins will follow.

Looks at the 31 points they scored in a playoff game the week before against a great Browns defense...

Reactions: JB
Be nice to not have so many false starts. Tunsil is good for at least 2 a game.

The Jags will continue to be pesky, and the Colts as well. The Titans will remain the Titans, just like they've always been. :lol:
They've been to more AFCCGs and SBs than the Texans, so not always.

It's not necessarily the amount of false starts, it's the timing. They tend to come at the worst possible moment.
If an offense cant overcome a few false starts in a season, then the offense wasn't very good to begin with.

Back