Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Shantee Orr?

TEXANS84

Staff member
What is going to come of Shantee Orr?? He played excellent for us with a depleted squad, but these past few months I haven't heard anything of him. Anyone have any info??

TEXAN84 said:
What is going to come of Shantee Orr?? He played excellent for us with a depleted squad, but these past few months I haven't heard anything of him. Anyone have any info??
Excerpt from Linebackers Glance, by Carter Toole, Houstontexans.com (highlights mine)

The Texans also have Travis Carroll, Troy Evans and Shantee Orr returning inside. Evans has been solid on special teams and Orr made some plays at outside linebacker as a rookie. Houston signed special teams ace DaShon Polk away from the Bills. If the Texans can make plays from the inside out in 2004, their overall defensive effort will considerably improve
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=1137

Orr is clearly on the bubble and may not make the squad. Orr got some snaps inside last year in the preseason and it looks like we may be moving him there, or giving him another look there.

I dont see Orr leaving. his spot on the team may not be written in stone.. but an exceptional special teams player like that.. who has proven himself to be a solid backup who could possibly even be more than that some day. They arent going to want to get rid of him.

He is on the bubble, but I think the worst case is that he is placed on the practice squad. Of course, the Texans are subject to losing him to another team, but he isn't special enough where that poses any longterm risk of setting the team back....but I do like him, and hope he finds his way to stay here.

Does anyone have his stats for the Bills and Falcons games?? I remember those two as the best games he played.

ahhhh thats right :). well even so.. Orr is great on special teams and did pretty good at OLB. I think he will stay unless some of our other backup LBs really start to shine.

now.. if Orr doesnt really step up soon.. i wouldnt be surprised to see him gone next season.. cause I think we are gonna pick up an LB in the 1st round, and probably another in the 4th or 5th.

__V__ said:
Orr is clearly on the bubble and may not make the squad. Orr got some snaps inside last year in the preseason and it looks like we may be moving him there, or giving him another look there.

The fact that it is possible(not guaranted) that Orr can play both inside or outside along with being a decent special teamer probably helps his chances.

I would love Orr on the inside...

Babin, Peek, Orr, Sharper as our LBs, that would be nice....

Back