• Up

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Down

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
We will' see about that ?
So with all of theses optimistic reports pouring in about the MSU receiver from OTAs, I've now got expectations of him being a rust belt version of Wes Welker.
Many of us are projecting him to be a Shane Vereen.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Oh hell no. He's wearing Jacoby's number? That's ridiculous. They ought to deactivate that number & not allow it on any more jerse... wait a minute.

Anyone selling Mumphery patches?

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
(on if he is feeling more comfortable on the field) “Oh yeah, I’m feeling better. I just got to use each day to get better physically and mentally.”

(on what WR DeAndre Hopkins has taught him) “Just don’t think. Just don’t think and just be me and just be coachable.”

(on if it’s hard to just play and not over think things) “It’s hard not to think. There’s a lot going in, so you got to just calm yourself and really put the time in outside of the meeting rooms and work.”

(on his expectations for Saturday) “Do whatever is asked of me, simple as that.”

(on if his versatility will help him contribute to the team early) “Wherever they want me to play or wherever they put me, that’s what I’m going to follow and go by.”

(on the hardest adjustment going from college to the NFL) “I’ll say installs. Yeah, installs.”

(on the feedback he has received from Hard Knocks) “I’m not even worried about that. I’m just in my little bubble. I’m not even worried about Hard Knocks right now. I’m controlling what I can control. I can’t control that.”

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I guess we can put to rest this garbage about OB not playing rookies... though I was surprised to see him play so much in week 1

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Because of the circumstances, I thought it would be appropriate to put this here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ex-Texans WR Keith Mumphery hopes to relaunch NFL career after settling federal lawsuit
May 25, 2019 Updated: May 25, 2019 8 p.m

When Keith Mumphery got the phone call summoning him to the Texans' offices at NRG Stadium two years ago, the former Michigan State receiver wasn't surprised about the reason for the meeting.

Former Texans general manager Rick Smith explained simply and quickly to Mumphery that the team was releasing him from the roster, effective immediately.

This decision to cut ties with Mumphery was in the wake of a sexual assault allegation against him from a female student and an ensuing police investigation that didn't result in Mumphery being charged with a crime by prosecutors.

The Texans moved on from Mumphery after learning he had been expelled from a postgraduate program at Michigan State and banned from its campus under a violation of the university's relationship violence and sexual misconduct policy.

Losing his dream job with an NFL team was the fallout for Mumphery, but that wasn't the end of the story.
Mumphery also received an undisclosed financial settlement from the university, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Mumphery alleged that the university violated his rights to due process by failing to inform him that the university had reopened the case and, consequently, ruined his NFL career. The woman who accused Mumphery also reached a settlement in her separate lawsuit against Michigan State.

"It's all love for the Texans," Mumphery said in a telephone interview in his first comments since the lawsuit was resolved. "I understand why they released me, it was bad PR for them at that time. They gave me the opportunity of a lifetime. I understand the NFL is a business. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me.

"It's something I always dreamed of as a little kid. I thank them for the opportunity. They saw something in me. I was the first person from my hometown to go to the NFL. Now, it's about getting a second chance."

For Mumphery, 26, a native of Vienna, Ga., now training in Dallas, making it back to the NFL after being drafted in the fifth round by the Texans in 2015 won't be an easy undertaking.
THE REST OF THE STORY

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
This was a result of Title IX, a policy that ruined lives.

Take all the lessons that should have been learned from the Duke Lacrosse fiasco, then do the opposite at every campus nationwide. That is Title IX.

Mumphery should carry a mattress with him to all his NFL tryouts.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
This was a result of Title IX, a policy that ruined lives.

Take all the lessons that should have been learned from the Duke Lacrosse fiasco, then do the opposite at every campus nationwide. That is Title IX.

Mumphery should carry a mattress with him to all his NFL tryouts.
Yes though it was actually a change in how title ix was interpreted/enforced