Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Roughriders vs Battlehawks!

This sounds like a discussion between an Old West movie vs an 80s cartoon.

I may have to look into the XFL again... hopefully it isnt as childish and stupid as its first attempt.
It's def not it much like nfl now few rules changes. Lessons learned in the past attempt

Well sorry to all the party poopers but my wife and I are enjoying watching, rooting and supporting our Houston Roughnecks. Don‘t sleep on this league. There are certainly NFL caliber players out there, Olsen is saying the same thing. This is not even close to the clown show the XFL was back in 2000.

Well sorry to all the party poopers but my wife and I are enjoying watching, rooting and supporting our Houston Roughnecks. Don‘t sleep on this league. There are certainly NFL caliber players out there, Olsen is saying the same thing. This is not even close to the clown show the XFL was back in 2000.
Yep I agree lookin good!

No there is just a general thread that somebody an hour ago made a post in. I think we should have a game thread on RR as well. A mod can do whatever he wants with this as long as we can post in it.

So you were unable to start this thread in that forum? And who are the Roughriders?

OK, that's it. Next game on that stupid FS1 channel I'll have a streaming subscription to it. Highlights look good. June Jones has put together a good team for the XFL.

If nothing else you gotta see PJ Walker play, 3 TDs today no picks. This kid is fun to watch and they have talent at WR. The first TD pass he threw tonight was spectacular. I think they were inside the 10, PJ scrambled sideways to his right from pressure and threw a sidearm rope that squeezed between a few defenders and was pinpoint to Phillips. A real beauty.

I’ll tell you I’m having more fun watching the Roughnecks over the last two games than I have had watching the Texans over the last two seasons. It’s not just because they are 2-0 and considered to be one of if not the best team in the the XFL, though that part doesn’t hurt. I think it’s because the XFL knows it’s fighting an up hill battle so it has to be entertaining. The players know they may never get another chance to get paid to play football so they are playing best they can as well. The NFL and most of the players don’t have this motivation.

Plus some of the best seats in the house will set you back a couple of hundred bucks. Pretty sure that’s what parking costs at a Texans game.

If nothing else you gotta see PJ Walker play, 3 TDs today no picks. This kid is fun to watch and they have talent at WR. The first TD pass he threw tonight was spectacular. I think they were inside the 10, PJ scrambled sideways to his right from pressure and threw a sidearm rope that squeezed between a few defenders and was pinpoint to Phillips. A real beauty.

Hell yeah, if nothing else people should check out that bullet he threw in todays game. Under one defenders arm, between two others and *gasp* threw his receiver open in the end zone. It was a thing of beauty and I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get picked up for at least a back up spot in the NFL after this season. He said he was in the XFL to get reps and show teams what he could do because he never could get field time with the Colts.

I can't believe anyone would try to rate the play in this league after 2 games. I just want to enjoy the games as it develops into a better product. This league needs a real foundation of 3 seasons.....maybe at some point McMahon would entertain selling franchises.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone would try to rate the play in this league after 2 games. I just want to enjoy the games as it develops into a better product. This season needs a real foundation of 3 seasons.....maybe at some point McMahon would entertain selling franchises.

Considering it took 30 years before even he considered the idea of selling WWE stock I wouldn't hold my breath. Truth be told I kind of like the power being centralized like that because it gives them a lot more leverage with contracts and such. Its why, on paper at least, all the teams seem to be pretty balanced. Plus if there is a rule change or issue that comes up they don't have to wait for 32 billionares who each thinks he knows all about how football should be played and is looking out for his team first and foremost to agree. XFL seems more streamlined because the whole process running it has been made streamlined.

Texans Need to Keep an Eye on Roughnecks P.J. Walker

Watson compliments PJ Walker on twitter

I nominate badboy to be the official thread starter each week since he was this week, and they won. We can't be messing with that.
I hardly start new threads but almost did for the live Roughneck games. I think it's fairly easy but was wondering if the mods vs us do it? The other thing is the time to thread. If I'm here live and there is no thread game starter then I'll do it. Not many here on board but I've been on it from before the XFL season.

I’ll tell you I’m having more fun watching the Roughnecks over the last two games than I have had watching the Texans over the last two seasons.

You are really going to sit here and suggest that two of these meaningless first two XFL games was a more exciting feeling than when you realized that the Texans were beating the patriots or that the Texans were beating the Bills in a come from behind playoff game? I'm not buying that one.

You are really going to sit here and suggest that two of these meaningless first two XFL games was a more exciting feeling than when you realized that the Texans were beating the patriots or that the Texans were beating the Bills in a come from behind playoff game? I'm not buying that one.

Buy what you want I really don't care, fact is yes I'm enjoying the XFL more than I am the Texans. Those two games were fun AFTER they were over, while watching them all I could think about was how would the Texans find a way to lose.

Buy what you want I really don't care, fact is yes I'm enjoying the XFL more than I am the Texans. Those two games were fun AFTER they were over, while watching them all I could think about was how would the Texans find a way to lose.

But they did win.

The idea that an XFL game is better than an NFL playoff victory led by Deshaun Watson is downright crazy.

But they did win.

The idea that an XFL game is better than an NFL playoff victory led by Deshaun Watson is downright crazy.

Lol good old Tex, here to tell all of us what we think and how we should feel. I thought that was the politicians job but good to see you are picking up the slack while they busy with the election year. Keep up the good work.

Eh, it’s exciting for fans in Houston because they’re winning and they're not 1 of the 6 teams averaging less than 20 points per game. For Vipers fans, whose team has yet to score an offensive TD, probably not so exciting.

Lol good old Tex, here to tell all of us what we think and how we should feel. I thought that was the politicians job but good to see you are picking up the slack while they busy with the election year. Keep up the good work.

It isn't that serious. I'm sure that you can look back at that statement and admit that it was just a little exaggerated or sensationalized. I think your excitement is very innocent and authentic. Don't mistake it for commitment and devotion though. It isn't there yet. You're angry with the Texans. I understand. The fact that they draw out this emotion in you is what proves my point. You're deeply invested into their well being and it draws out different emotions and feelings at different times.

It isn't that serious. I'm sure that you can look back at that statement and admit that it was just a little exaggerated or sensationalized. I think your excitement is very innocent and authentic. Don't mistake it for commitment and devotion though. It isn't there yet. You're angry with the Texans. I understand. The fact that they draw out this emotion in you is what proves my point. You're deeply invested into their well being and it draws out different emotions and feelings at different times.

I will agree to a point, I really have enjoyed the Roughneck games more than I have the Texans but I think part of the fun is I'm not as emotionally invested, yet, so I can just enjoy the game for what it is. I was very serious that even in the Pats game or the Bills game I didn't enjoy either game till both teams walked out on the field to shake hands and a small part of me STILL thought the Texans would find some way to lose like they looked at the clock wrong or something.

I talked about this before in another thread but I think the "casual fans" have this thing figured out better than we hardcore fans because as long as the tailgate is good and they had fun with friends and family it was worth the price of admission for them. They talk about football and what they like and don't like but it's not something they really think about especially during the offseason.

There is also that ground floor factor that makes it extra cool. It was one of the reasons I first became a Ravens fan because even though it was basically the Browns and Baltimore had a team before it still felt like being a part of something new. I sort of lucked out that by the time Texans came along I had moved to Houston so I got the best of both worlds there.

So am I as emotionally invested with the Roughnecks as the Texans, no I'm not but at the same time I'm trying to be less emotionally invested in the Texans so that when, not if but when, they do something stupid I don't get worked up about it as much or if I like a move they make I don't feel the need to defend it or justify it. My emotions for the Roughnecks is more in line with where I want to be with the Texans if that makes sense.

Back