Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Roughnecks (YAY!!) vs Seattle Dragons

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
LOL, ok so if we win the XFL chip will it now be tainted due to the "3 second-gate"?
This is where the change in how points are scored can bite them in the ass. In the NFL 32-23 with 2 seconds left is game over because that is a two score game, but in the XFL with the 3 point option that’s a one score game.

Personally I don’t care for whole design of the extra point. If they want to keep the way 2 and 3 points work fine but 1 point should still be a kick. As it is right now you could in theory go an entire game with the kicker never getting on the field.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
What gets to me is everyone is now saying the XFL has lost credibility. Well hell if that mistake cost them credibility then what does it say about the NFL with how bad their mistakes were and they don’t have the excuse of being a start up league with rookie refs. Just go ask New Orleans how much credibility the NFL has.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
What gets to me is everyone is now saying the XFL has lost credibility. Well hell if that mistake cost them credibility then what does it say about the NFL with how bad their mistakes were and they don’t have the excuse of being a start up league with rookie refs. Just go ask New Orleans how much credibility the NFL has.
meh....it's just another Game Official screw up, we've all seen enough of those to know they will happen.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Got to say I liked that they are staying aggressive but this is the second game that Roughnecks should have rolled over the other team. Either other teams are getting better, someone has figured out Jones offense or the team isn’t as good as we hope.

Still a lot of football to play but I’m worried next time we play St. Louis.
The Roughnecks are also getting better with each game played. To get highly effective, the receivers have to read the defense like Walker does so they know how to adjust their routes. The running game is set up by the pass. So, the better the passing game is the more effective the running game is. The Roughnecks got a hunsky on the ground yesterday and it was distributed between two backs who averaged 4.3 and 5.2 yards respectively while also getting two rushing TD’s.

This offense is going to be enjoyable and explosive over the next 5 weeks. Important goal for Jones.....do not take your foot off the accelerator at any given time. Let’s not subject Houston fans to any more sure win gaffes....that shite has gotten plenty old.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Once the on field officials called game end that's it. Kind of like a quick whistle, it's just over. Seattle I suspect will complain, but it won't matter.
Matter in the case of this game no but the XFL played it right in that they admitted the mistake and punished the person responsible. I’m sure that doesn’t make Seattle and their fans feel better but for the fan base as a whole it shows a willingness to take action.

Mistakes will happen but where people get frustrated with the NFL is they never admit mistakes, unless absolutely forced to, and they never seem to do anything to prevent those mistakes in the future.

This is where having all the power in the XFL concentrated in Luck and McMahon is such a great thing because they don’t have to answer to 32 old billionaires each with their own agenda.

OzzO

.. and then?
Serious question is it worth doing a thread with so few of us participating?
I think you (or whomever) should create a thread for each gameday. Good for focused thought in a thread (remember those days) and nice to revisit in the future if needed. If I'm ever around the board during the game, I'll be in the thread.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
I think you (or whomever) should create a thread for each gameday. Good for focused thought in a thread (remember those days) and nice to revisit in the future if needed. If I'm ever around the board during the game, I'll be in the thread.
I believe badboy is referencing the fact that only 2-4 posters average are on any given Roughnecks game day thread. Thanks badboy it takes time and effort to accumulate the pregame facts for the thread to begin with.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Be sure to provide us a synopsis
Had a fantastic time Saturday. Tailgating was great and starts well before the 4 hours before the game it says on their website. I got there at 8 am (5 hours before) and people were already set up.

Nice crowd at the stadium. I estimated it to be around 20,000 or so. Turns out it was close, 19 something. It was loud and energetic. Something I haven’t seen at Texans games in a while.

Great experience. Great venue. Great win.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
Had a fantastic time Saturday. Tailgating was great and starts well before the 4 hours before the game it says on their website. I got there at 8 am (5 hours before) and people were already set up.

Nice crowd at the stadium. I estimated it to be around 20,000 or so. Turns out it was close, 19 something. It was loud and energetic. Something I haven’t seen at Texans games in a while.

Great experience. Great venue. Great win.
I'm looking into a trip to Houston hopefully I will definitely look into a game there. The costs is reasonable for this po folk,