Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rob Rang 2018 Mock Draft

He has lots of OL going in the first .
Over the past 5 drafts, there have been an average of 11.4 offensive linemen taken prior to pick #68 (the Texans initial pick this year). A high of 17 (2015) and a low of 7 (2017). An average of 13 OL are taken prior to the Texans 2nd pick, #80. From Rang's rankings, these are the highest rated linemen available at the pick #68 and #80.

Pick #68 - C - Will Clapp - LSU (4th C, #87 overall)
Pick #68 - G - Braden Smith - Auburn (5th G, #77 overall)
Pick #68 - T - Brian O'Neill - Pittsburgh (7th T, #73 overall)

Pick #80 - C - Will Clapp - LSU (4th C, #87 overall)
Pick #80 - G - Wyatt Teller - Virginia Tech (6th G, #106 overall)
Pick #80 - T - Brandon Parker - North Carolina A&T (8th T, #91 overall)

It's early and these names can change. But, this is the kind of linemen that will be available in the 3rd round for the Texans.

Over the past 5 drafts, there have been an average of 11.4 offensive linemen taken prior to pick #68 (the Texans initial pick this year). A high of 17 (2015) and a low of 7 (2017). An average of 13 OL are taken prior to the Texans 2nd pick, #80. From Rang's rankings, these are the highest rated linemen available at the pick #68 and #80.

It's early and these names can change. But, this is the kind of linemen that will be available in the 3rd round for the Texans.

Not terrible , especially if the Texans coaches spent time with them in Mobile .

Interior positions strong crop

After doing due dillegence if OT cannot be addressed via free agency or trade, Texans will almost be forced to Gaine OT who can plug and play sooner than later, by trading up in 2018 draft. Those, realistic options (prospects) won’t cut it.

Twice as many interior offensive linemen drafted in the first round as tackles, no I don' buy that one. You bet I think OTs are still significantly more important than guards & centers.
I hope Rang guessed right on this mock because it would mean more tackles for us to choose from in the later rounds where we have picks.

Twice as many interior offensive linemen drafted in the first round as tackles, no I don' buy that one. You bet I think OTs are still significantly more important than guards & centers.
I hope Rang guessed right on this mock because it would mean more tackles for us to choose from in the later rounds where we have picks.

I do think there will be a couple of starting OL there for the Texans in the 3rd rd.

You may have to take a chance on a guy like Richardson/Harrison.

You could trade up foe a guy like Crosby/Rankins and find a guy that could be like Cordy Glenn/Dawkins in the 2nd.

I do think there will be a couple of starting OL there for the Texans in the 3rd rd.

You may have to take a chance on a guy like Richardson/Harrison.

You could trade up foe a guy like Crosby/Rankins and find a guy that could be like Cordy Glenn/Dawkins in the 2nd.
I like it, I like it when SteelB gets positive and optimistic like this, he's my guy !

Back