Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Road uniform modification?

worldlyman

Waterboy
I like the Texans' overall uniform design, looks modern and sleek.. The home blue unis look great. The Battle Red looks good as long as they use the white trousers (proper "NFL look").

But the white jerseys in my opinion need to have the red numbering be switched to blue with red trim. Blue is the dominant team color and it should reflect on the white jersey. The red looks too much like...glare, I think. It contrasts the blue helmet and blue trousers too much.

Had a little time so I sketched out what blue numbering would look like.

Houston Texans - road uni - blue numbering - avatar.jpg

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
I like the red numbers on the white jersey, sorry.

I also prefer the pants to contrast with the jerseys in whatever uniform they are wearing. I don't really like the blue pants/blue jersey thing.

I have often wondered if it makes any difference whether the team is wearing the dark blue jersey versus a white jersey. It seems the white jersey on the receivers would stand out more and would be easier seen by the QB as opposed to the dark jerseys.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I prefer the red jersey over the blue. I wish it were the official one. The blue is a bit boring IMO.

Reactions: ROO

worldlyman

Waterboy
I like the red numbers on the white jersey, sorry.

I also prefer the pants to contrast with the jerseys in whatever uniform they are wearing. I don't really like the blue pants/blue jersey thing.

I have often wondered if it makes any difference whether the team is wearing the dark blue jersey versus a white jersey. It seems the white jersey on the receivers would stand out more and would be easier seen by the QB as opposed to the dark jerseys.
I don't think it makes a difference as the QB should spot his receivers, as long as he knows what color his team has on for the game. Maybe the field background might dictate favorable contrast to either dark or white...

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
I don't think it makes a difference as the QB should spot his receivers, as long as he knows what color his team has on for the game. Maybe the field background might dictate favorable contrast to either dark or white...
Yep, and now that I thought more, it may be more important for the defenders to be in bright colors or white so the QB can see them easier. If a DB's uni blends into the background, well, maybe the interceptions would go up?

bigmck

Rookie
I like the Texans' overall uniform design, looks modern and sleek.. The home blue unis look great. The Battle Red looks good as long as they use the white trousers (proper "NFL look").

But the white jerseys in my opinion need to have the red numbering be switched to blue with red trim. Blue is the dominant team color and it should reflect on the white jersey. The red looks too much like...glare, I think. It contrasts the blue helmet and blue trousers too much.

View attachment 5165
I really like the red shoes in the picture above. They should make that standard for the team. == I like the uniforms as they are. The Titans have got to have the worse, both white and dark. The Giants white shirts are bad also.

bigmck

Rookie
This thread reminds me of a question. = Last week I saw a guy on the street with a Texans jersey on. Usually people buy the star players jersey but this guy had on number 5 and the name started with an F. Who is that player?

PapaL

Loose Screw
This thread reminds me of a question. = Last week I saw a guy on the street with a Texans jersey on. Usually people buy the star players jersey but this guy had on number 5 and the name started with an F. Who is that player?
Custom jersey would be my guess; they're becoming more and more common as players move around.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
nahhh .. red numbering pops more. Classic red, white and blue color scheme will always be popular.

I might be in the minority, but I LOVED the ketchup UNI's .. all red, with the metallic red pants. Shoot, I was even OK with them going with red helmets!!

BATTLE RED!!

Red on White and it looks like the Katy High football team.

Mangler

Toro de España
The blue color rush along with the Deep steel blue (pants/jersey) combo are the best ones, in my opinion. I’m cool with our road uniforms as well. They look pretty clean!

michaelm

vox nihili

View attachment 5165
The blue lettering with red outline reminds me of the Bills. No thanks

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy

View attachment 5165
Man I'm usually not a fan of any changes to our unis but this actually works well, I wouldn't mind it.

Battle red with white pants are my favorite scheme, they should have made that our primary uniforms.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Me....I always thought it was mistake to lay a logo that features Steel Blue on a helmet that's also Steel Blue. It makes the helmet appear so-so with no pop.

White must be a league mandated color since it's used in one form or another on all uniforms. So why count it as a team color......like the name Liberty White but not a necessary team color.

I want the Texans to have another identifiable color.....that also represents the State of Texas. My color of choice: Fine Metallic Gun Metal Gray.

Helmets and Pants would carry the Gun Metal Gray. This would be the pallet to lay the Steel Blue and Battle Red on while Liberty White would only be used for their Road Jersey.

Since teams cannot change their Helmets any longer.....why not offer a different color Facemask to fit a uniform theme.

Home and Away games feature a Steel Blue Facemask. Steel Blue (Home) and Liberty White (Away) Jersey's.

Battle Red games would feature a Battle Red Facemask. Battle Red Jersey.

Color Rush Games would feature a Gun Metal Gray Facemask. Gun Metal Gray Jersey. Gun Metal Gray Socks and Shoes.

In a Throwback game concept.....the Logo's Steel Blue would be replaced with Columbia Blue and feature a Columbia Blue Facemask. Columbia Blue Jersey. Only the color Columbia Blue would be commemorated.....everything else would be Texans. There'd be a lot of long time Houston football fans who might appreciate this option for 1 Home game per season.

None of this works without a real base pallet color that is neutral enough to set off the rest of the look. If the logo was highlighted just right and set against the Gun Metal Gray.....it could have a real 3-D appearance.

I wish I had the computer skills to make this vision a reality but since I don't....it'll be a pet project to do at home (Atascocita) when I finally get back. I think I'll pick-up four helmets cut them in half, finish with the schemes mentioned above and then mount them in the bar.

bigmck

Rookie
Me....I always thought it was mistake to lay a logo that features Steel Blue on a helmet that's also Steel Blue. It makes the helmet appear so-so with no pop.

White must be a league mandated color since it's used in one form or another on all uniforms. So why count it as a team color......like the name Liberty White but not a necessary team color.
Today the Saints had on white pants and white shirts. It looked like the team had "long johns" on.
white saints.jpg

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Steelers wear black and yellow. Saints dress in gold and black. Cowboys use blue and silver. ... My favorite combination would be gray-green and apricot.

worldlyman

Waterboy
Houston Texans - road uni - blue numbering.jpg
(Here's a stronger resolution.)

We know the red digits are what they started with but from a design standpoint, it clashes with the dominant blue. It looks rather pajama-like to me.

Some might say the red "pops", others might say it's visually dissonant to the blue pants. The red digits actually look ok with the white trousers such as on Liberty White Day...but as some say, all-white looks like "long johns."

The red on the helmet Toro already gives a great design accent without trying to clash with the dominant blue.

I disagree that the hypothetical blue numbers look like the "Bills." The Bills have old school striping which is a much different type of look (and they have a quite lighter Royal Blue). The closest match would be the Broncos. Denver used blue alternate trousers in the past but always with the blue shirts on some rare alternate uni days, not like the Texans with white/blue. And the Broncos' color stripe design guarantees virtually that white/blue or even white/orange would never be the combos.

The blue digits with red trim really give the Texans' road white jersey/blue pants uniform a no-nonsense consistent color flow. I know this isn't gonna happen but I just had to see how blue numbers would look.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
The left side of the logo's face is a different shade of blue than the helmet background and is separated by a white strip. I don't notice the lack of contrast.