Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Ricardo Colclough

Vinny

shiny happy fan
A nice read on Ricardo Colclough, and his journey from the crowds of 2000 fans at Tusculum (Tenn.) College to the NFL.
As the saying goes, if you're good enough, they'll find you. "That's weird," Kriewaldt said. "Weird, but true." Even Tusculum, located in the sleepy town of Greenville, Tenn., isn't far enough off the radar to escape the NFL's detection. A couple of Colclough's teammates were signed to free-agent contracts after the draft: offensive tackle Alan Dunn (Tampa Bay) and wide receiver Kevin Wolcott (Tennessee). "It's a good place," Colclough said. "It's just in the middle of nowhere, nobody really knows where it is. It's in a quiet community." The quiet was maintained, for the most part, on game day. Colclough said the Pioneers played in front of an average of around 2,000 fans.
By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, May 9, 2004

No doubt about it, this guy can play. The Steelers got a steel in the second round, only due to the size of school he came from. Talent should override the size, but I guess not in the NFL!

Well, its hard to assume hes as good as he looks, due to the fact that he doesnt play against big time schools. At least I dont think they do. I may be wrong. Its hard to prove your worth a first round pick, when you go to a small time school.

When you win the player of the game award in the senior bowl, that is saying something. Of course, he wasn't going up against fitz, williams, and woods, but the competition is better than what he faced at his collegiate level!

Back