Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rest in Peace - Joe Texan

I don't want to derail this thread or disrespect Joe Texan, but another Super Texans fan has passed. David Nagy, you may know him as the End Zone King, was battling a brain tumor (cancer) and passed earlier today. He was always wearing that big ol King Crown around. I know he tailgated in the Blue Lot.

I didn't know him personally, but met him on a couple of out of town games. Partook in a few malted beverages with him. Anyway, RIP David, End Zone King.

Feel free to start a new thread on this so others see it and are aware. I remember meeting him outside of the stadium a good while back. Here’s a pic I found of him.

f50211c8f4c572da4ab388dd9fb84f7d.jpg

I didn't know how many here know that Joe Texan (Banowsky) passed away last week. If this is not the right venue, Mods, feel free to move. I know that many did not always see eye-to-eye with Joe, but he was one of the original Blue Crew, a long-long-time member of TexansTalk, and the original true Texans superfan..........and will always be a part of Texans history. He ate, drank, breathed and lived Texans.............He was Joe Texan, no one can deny that's who he was.
Joe, may you rest in peace.

120218-ktrk-joe-texan-img.jpg

I can't believe I just stumbled upon this, condolences if any of his family are on these boards. I've tailgated a decent amount of times with the blue crew and he always welcomed us with open arms. He was an entertaining fellow. I vaguely remember one game where he accidentally ripped the passenger door handle off his older ford pickup. He will be missed.

I didn't know how many here know that Joe Texan (Banowsky) passed away last week. If this is not the right venue, Mods, feel free to move. I know that many did not always see eye-to-eye with Joe, but he was one of the original Blue Crew, a long-long-time member of TexansTalk, and the original true Texans superfan..........and will always be a part of Texans history. He ate, drank, breathed and lived Texans.............He was Joe Texan, no one can deny that's who he was.
Joe, may you rest in peace.

120218-ktrk-joe-texan-img.jpg
Love ya DOC!!

I came up with this banner. Everyone okay if I put this up?

View attachment 4151
Don't post much anymore but had to come in here to pay my respects to Joe once I ventured onto Texans Talk and saw the banner. Embarrassing to be so late, but better late than never I guess and at least this gives a bump in Joe's honor.

Only had the opportunity to meet Joe once, but he couldn't have been nicer and more welcoming. Regardless of the wins or losses, the Texans gameday experience has always been top notch and without question, Joe Texan was a big piece of that. He will be missed. :toast2:

My friend, my brother (and many others as well), haters, trolls and whatever, Joe Texan was named "Fan of the year" at the "Houston Sports Awards"..

Link to eventually follow, but in the meantime, RIP my brother!!

My friend, my brother (and many others as well), haters, trolls and whatever, Joe Texan was named "Fan of the year" at the "Houston Sports Awards"..

Link to eventually follow, but in the meantime, RIP my brother!!
Yep! I saw Ted had posted it last night. Great to hear and well-deserved.

I cannot believe I am just now finding out about this. I really am in shock. My son was pretty upset too. For us, when we drove into Houston to see a game Joe was a part of the experience. He welcomed everyone I brought with open arms and was always putting a smile on people's face. "Get YUR Shots!" and the pinata are things that I associate with going to a Texans game. He obviously had a huge heart and was always fun to be around. Joe you will be missed and going to the games will never be the same.

Mike

Yeah as really hope that you all as fans can do something special for Joe! And dedicate 2019 in his honor and memory. May he RIP!

Came here to post about TC in GB and saw this thread. So sad to hear about Joe. He was genuinely the nicest person I have met. He picked my wife and I up from the Hotel and let us drive into the parking lot to tailgate with him. RIP Joe

First I saw of this. I'd like to pay my respects to Joe's family and to Joe himself. Joe once invited me to a lunch with John McClain and he knows a ton of people and could have invited anyone. I always thought this was the sweetest gesture from him. We are the figurative caterpillars of the universe. We have work to do and life can be hard at times as we have issues to resolve before most of us become beautiful butterflies as we flutter back to the one & become whole again when we pass. Rest in Peace Joe.

Back