Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ranking the QB's after Week 6

Edited to add that CJ has had the second most dropped passes.
You could've posted this in the welcome to Houston thread. Having said that, Stroud has been everything I could want in a rookie QB. With Richardson likely out for the year, Stroud is ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, heads above all of the other rookie QBs.

My knock on Bryce Young was his ability to stay healthy considering his thin frame. Here in O'Sullivan's QBSchool, he talks about how no one can take this kind of punishment for long. No one.

I agree.

The free shots he takes in this game alone is insane. Look at the one at 8:58... deCleated.

Sorry. I'll stop sharing these articles so as not to upset you further.
I don't think he was upset. Just trying to help you.

This article is enough about Cj that it could have been placed in a Cj thread in the Texans section of the forum.

I use the "New Post" button at the top of the page, so I see everything regardless where it's posted.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so this one seemed most appropriate.
Through 9 weeks, Stroud is the pick of the top 5.
Levis and Richardson are probably next, but have small sample sizes.
Hooker also is still an unknown which leaves Bryce Young.
I feel sorry for Carolina for making the wrong pick but their loss is our good fortune.
Young's arm is barely adequate and a longgg way short of Strouds. Young may be football smarter than CJ, but so far it hasn't made up for his lack of arm strength.
He also won't hold up to the beating he is taking.
Unfortunately, he will eventually be a backup and go the way of Teddy Bridgewater as a solid backup.
We may forever be wondering if Texans would have taken Young if Carolina had taken CJ.
I'm very glad we didn't find out the hard way.

I feel sorry for Carolina for making the wrong pick but their loss is our good fortune.
Young's arm is barely adequate and a longgg way short of Strouds. Young may be football smarter than CJ, but so far it hasn't made up for his lack of arm strength.
He also won't hold up to the beating he is taking.
Unfortunately, he will eventually be a backup and go the way of Teddy Bridgewater as a solid backup.
We may forever be wondering if Texans would have taken Young if Carolina had taken CJ.
I'm very glad we didn't find out the hard way.
It's not the same thing, but some of us (I'm raising my hand) was thinking Jville screwed the pooch with Trevor Lawrence & D. Mills was the Bees Knees this time of the 2021 season.

Stroud is Stroud, I'm not taking anything from him. Just saying Bryce Young's career is just starting. Kids already proven tougher than I thought he would, but yeah... David Carr syndrome can sink in anytime now.

My knock on Bryce Young was his ability to stay healthy considering his thin frame. Here in O'Sullivan's QBSchool, he talks about how no one can take this kind of punishment for long. No one.

I agree.

The free shots he takes in this game alone is insane. Look at the one at 8:58... deCleated.
Watching Young play, it seems like he can't read a pro defense very well. Maybe he's feeling pressure that isn't there due to all of the sacks, but he's throwing bad INTs. 3 INTs with 2 pick 6's last Sunday.

It appears that being a football player is a better attribute in the NFL than being a good test taker.

giphy.gif

That’s just shocking to no one but David Tepper.

Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be the 2nd coming and I'll bet you in 3 years he will be the 3 rd best QB in the division.
What's your assessment of his game? His arm is strong enough, he makes good decisions, he's plus athletic. What's going to make him fall?

What's your assessment of his game? His arm is strong enough, he makes good decisions, he's plus athletic. What's going to make him fall?
He doesn't make quick decisions with the ball and his accuracy/anticipation are spotty. Pederson has helped him with reading defenses but that still needs work. He's a middle of the pack type QB. IMHO

He doesn't make quick decisions with the ball and his accuracy/anticipation are spotty. Pederson has helped him with reading defenses but that still needs work. He's a middle of the pack type QB. IMHO
How does he compare to Herbert, Goff, & Dak?

Back