Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Radio Show

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Okay for those of use no longer in listening distance of 610, how did Capers spin the two week performance of the Texans.

Same old stuff. He didn't talk about Denver. The basic theme was there was little or nothing positive to take away from the game yesterday and he was surprised how it all came down. He sounded very down.

His takes are very predictable - no knock on Dom - I really like the guy and want him to succeed, but if you read his post game comments you will get the essence of his radio show every week.

Some of the callers drive me crazy. About half the calls are not even relevant to anything that's a Top X item in my book.

He's committed to the zone blocking thing.

He's bummed about Jason Bell.

He thought DD showed improvement yesterday :rolleyes:

He said in hindsight he wouldn't have done the second challenge but the upstairs coaches were certain of reversal.

He thinks Chester Pitts is doing a good job.

He gives Wade a slightly better than 50-50 chance of practicing on Wednesday.

He said the Texans were beaten in all phases yesterday (duh)

Yes, we need to get the ball to Andre more but the defense was in the Tampa 2 and it takes away the deep stuff --- (that standard answer drives me nuts)

The reason Carr wasn't rolling out more often is because of the ankle.

That's a few things I recall...

aj. said:
Yes, we need to get the ball to Andre more but the defense was in the Tampa 2 and it takes away the deep stuff --- (that standard answer drives me nuts)
It drives me insane, too. We need to start opposing our will on people, especially a defense as bad as the Colts...

Capers needs to learn the difference between a PlayMaker and a PlayTaker

If we always "just take what the defense gives us" we'll be predictable all season long.

It's time to release the hounds

Fiddy said:
It drives me insane, too. We need to start opposing our will on people, especially a defense as bad as the Colts...
Exactly, throw the intermediate crossing routes at them and for God's sake throw to the tight ends every now and then so theyd atleast have to cover them.

Fiddy said:

i am starting to think that Capers is one these people who it is hard to break from thier philosophy. Even though I am not one those "we need to throw it all over the place or we are too conservative people," honestly the games where Carr threw the ball down the field and trusted that his guy was better than the corner have been our best games.

EDIT: Anybody watching the Monday night game can see this throwing it up and letting your guy make a play at its finest. :whoohoo:

aj. said:
Most of us would agree that AJ is almost on the level of T.O. so how come T.O. can have 4 catches for 111 yards with double coverage on him all game long while AJ gets 6 catches for 59 yards when he is being doubled or tampa 2ed???

Fiddy said:
Most of us would agree that AJ is almost on the level of T.O. so how come T.O. can have 4 catches for 111 yards with double coverage on him all game long while AJ gets 6 catches for 59 yards when he is being doubled or tampa 2ed???

The second TD that Owens scored, the corner released him to Roy Williams and Roy bit hard on an inside move. Noone within 15 yards of T.O. on that catch, much less double covered.

wags said:
The second TD that Owens scored, the corner released him to Roy Williams and Roy bit hard on an inside move. Noone within 15 yards of T.O. on that catch, much less double covered.

The intent was to double Owens, but making a person bite on a move against the 2nd guy is using your talent to beat the double coverage.

ArlingtonTexan said:
The intent was to double Owens, but making a person bite on a move against the 2nd guy is using your talent to beat the double coverage.

He was released to the safety, not double teamed. Why am I arguing about the Cowboys game? :um:

wags said:
He was released to the safety, not double teamed. Why am I arguing about the Cowboys game? :um:

One more time The CB covered Owens short and released coverage to the Safety whose job was to cover Owens deep...That's a double team.

You are confusing catching the ball over two players standing there with double teaming...It's late and I need to be writing and will leave it alone myself.

I would debate the double team aspect. During that play TO did not have a man close to him. It looked like a bad attempt at zone coverage.

No, actually the middle linebacker was supposed to cover TO on that play. It was a corner blitz and the safety was in run coverage, lol. :crazy:

PS-that's what I'd say if I was one of the two guys that were supposed to be at least trying to cover him. :)

Back