Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

progress is being made

fresno8

Waterboy
Progress has been slow recently and it's hard to watch. Earlier in the year it seemed like great strides had been made. However recently the team has regressed. The third year is supposed to be the year for a team to break out. However this team started as an expansion team ( Have to remember that). Look for year 4 (hopefully not 5) to be the breakout year. I hate losing, but it's part of progress. This team had so many holes 2 1/2 years ago and still has some. However they are being filled and the time will come soon for the team to breakout. The last four games of the year should show the true progress of this team. If the progress is bad then there are major concerns if the team turns it around then they're right where they're supposed to be for a new team in its third season. The teams we have lost to have been good. I hate the way they've lost some games though and it makes it hard to watch at times, but we need to stick with the team. However until the O-line problem is solved Carr won't grow at the rate he's supposed to and neither will the offense. Carr is a great talent and great competitor but the beating he's taking is what causes him to lock into his first read or the dump down to the saftey valve. He needs protection and another receiving threat. I know we've added some guys on the o-line but they aren't a dominant run or pass blocker they're just a little above average lineman at both. We need a guy to be a dominant pass blocker on the left side and I think Chester Pitts can develop into that guy and we need a dominant run blocker on the right. I'm still not sold on DD at RB, but until we've got a line how do we know what we've got. However watching Julius Jones make those moves the other night shows that you don't have to have a great line to make people miss and Davis doesn't do that. We also need a pass rusher and run stopper. The line backers are fine as is the secondary, but they take a beating because the d-line is no good. Lastly I'm not a big Dom Capers fan. He doesn't allow the offense to open things up and plays not to lose in the second half. That's why there have been so many second half meltdowns the playcalling is terrible in the latter stages of the game. We'll be fine if we can trun things around the last four games and have a good off-season. Thanks for listening to my rant. Go Texans.

No way they have made progress. They have been healthy this year and have exactly 1 win over a winning team. If the Titans weren't so bad they would be 3-9. At least they beat a few good teams last year.

I said they've regressed over the past 4 games (I'm not saying that we've made huge progress) but earlier in the year everyone was saying there was a chance at making the playoffs at 4-3. Carr was throwing for 250 a game and the defense was doing okay. Yeah they've been pathetic recently and it is a sign for concern, but if they turn it around these last four games progress will have been made. And the AFC is a lot better than it was last year. So it's to early to say if no progress has been made at all.

fresno8 said:
And the AFC is a lot better than it was last year. So it's to early to say if no progress has been made at all.

In the NFC they probably could have one or at max two more wins. The difference with last year was lower expectation and with the playoffs out of sight before the season last year every game was a little Superbowl. They've played to win and played opportunistic to crush others hope for Playoffs.

Back