Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Power Rankings through Game 3

Houston Texans move up from 28 to 31 depending on what site you use to 23 after 3 weeks. Showing improvement, never say die attitude.

Surprised they were still as low as 28-31 despite being at 0-2 considering they quite clearly had a good prospect at QB which is probably about 80% of the battle in this passing league.

The NFL site has them at 23 as well.

The win over the Jaguars was a true three-phase victory for the Texans and one of their most thoroughly impressive efforts in years. I saw the clear development of C.J. Stroud and the passing game, a defense that forced two timely turnovers (both corralled by Blake Cashman) and special teams that blocked a field goal and ran back a kickoff for a touchdown. Stroud and fellow rookie Tank Dell forming such a strong early connection gives hope for something special in time. DeMeco Ryans’ defense might still be shorthanded, but the group battled all game. The young seeds of the roster really sprouted on Sunday, and it’s easy to see how Houston could be a very competitive team in time.

Surprised they were still as low as 28-31 despite being at 0-2 considering they quite clearly had a good prospect at QB which is probably about 80% of the battle in this passing league.

TBF, we were 0-2 and have only beaten the Jags who is the one team we could always count on to have a good chance of beating. Now, I certainly believe that Stroud is the one, but I an unsurprised by the skepticism. Plus, our O-Line is probably going to get feasted on by the Steelers.

Back