Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Playing the waiver wire

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
I need a decent #4 WR or somebody that'll score as a Flex WR/RB. Here are my choices.

Dwayne Bowe
Dennis Northcutt
James Jones
Roydell Williams
Jason Avant

What do you guys think?

I need a decent #4 WR or somebody that'll score as a Flex WR/RB. Here are my choices.

Dwayne Bowe
Dennis Northcutt
James Jones
Roydell Williams
Jason Avant

What do you guys think?

I'd go Northcutt. He is the number one option in Jax and you figure the Jags will need to throw the ball some. Matt Jones hasnt stepped up as that number one receiver they were hoping, so Northcutt is filling that gap right now.

kinda hard not knowing who is available in your league. Is Wes Welker available? If so i would go with him or Ronald Curry (thanks Vinny).

Welker and Curry have been on rosters since our draft. Anyone available in my league has to get picked up based on sleeper potential at this point.

I went with Bowe. Seems like he's the best athlete out of all these guys and he'll start putting up some numbers when the offense starts clicking. I don't really need him until weeks 5 and 6 anyway.

I picked up Roydell, because some WR has to become the #1 in Tennessee. Right?

Dwayne Bowe
Dennis Northcutt
James Jones
Roydell Williams
Jason Avant

What do you guys think?

I'd say Bowe or Northcutt are your best options, but both offenses look pretty putrid in terms of passing. Another option you might want to think about is picking up the RB Wynn from GB. He had a good showing last week with 2 TDs, and it's being reported that he'll be seeing an increased role in the offense. With Jackson off to a shaky start it's a good bet that Wynn will get the majority of carries near the endzone.

Bowe was just recently made the starter, but looks to hold on to the job even when Kennison comes back. He should be a good redzone threat if the Chiefs ever get anywhere near the redzone.

I picked up Roydell, because some WR has to become the #1 in Tennessee. Right?

That same line of thinking had me picking up Eric Moulds before week 1. I should have known if the Texans cut him and it takes him so long to end up somewhere else, then he's just not a very good WR anymore.

He wasn't on the roster anymore when week 2 came.

I think Bowe's picking up steam right now. Hopefully he'll pay off by weeks 5-6 when none of my scorers will be playing

Northcutt or James Jones, IMO. Bowe won't end up doing anything of note this year. Avant and Roydell Williams won't see the ball enough to have any real impact. Northcutt will get targeted consistently, and James Jones seems to be on the rise, and has a good WR opposite him to take double teams.

Northcutt or James Jones, IMO. Bowe won't end up doing anything of note this year. Avant and Roydell Williams won't see the ball enough to have any real impact. Northcutt will get targeted consistently, and James Jones seems to be on the rise, and has a good WR opposite him to take double teams.

My only issue with Jones is that Greg Jennings is coming back & Driver is still a favorite target of Brett. If I'm going to use a rookie WR it's definately going to be one who's going to see more snaps as a starter.

My only issue with Jones is that Greg Jennings is coming back & Driver is still a favorite target of Brett. If I'm going to use a rookie WR it's definately going to be one who's going to see more snaps as a starter.

Well, I didn't say any of the five were good options, LOL.

I'd go Bowe because they'll be playing from behind and throwing a lot of passes late. I don't like Northcutt because the Jags run the ball SO much, and they don't figure to be too far behind against Denver who also runs the ball a ton.

Back