Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

pick 1.15 Kenyon Green G TAMU

Dejaview

All Pro
those were some nice reps by 59, very happy he is here. Don't care about his bench press reps, that kid moves people with that ass
I truly believe this. Texans trainers should find measurable parameters that focus on the lower torso in terms of stance, drive, size, strength, etc and use this data when looking at prospects. His type can generate that low, balanced drive. Perfect for a Warhop philosophy.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You wanna know what I love about this video. Mash mouth football. No Kubiak vagina assed cut blocking finesse bs that only served to get return shots on our defense like Cushing suffered.
I was just thinking about the moment I realized Duane Brown was legit. They were playing the Steelers & he was vagina assed finessing James Harrison all over the field.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Weight room and combine numbers are overrated. Sure it’s a part of an eval, but every year we see these workout wonders rise through the ranks without playing a down of football. Show me the film, show me scheme fit, show me high football IQ. Then splitting hairs between candidates, sure use the combine numbers to make a final call.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Weight room and combine numbers are overrated. Sure it’s a part of an eval, but every year we see these workout wonders rise through the ranks without playing a down of football. Show me the film, show me scheme fit, show me high football IQ. Then splitting hairs between candidates, sure use the combine numbers to make a final call.
I was just teasing someone.

Green's numbers would have been just fine had he been able to train for the combine instead of rehab an injury. NFL teams knew that. Fans didn't. That's one of the reasons why we're always a step behind. Lack of information.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I was just teasing someone.

Green's numbers would have been just fine had he been able to train for the combine instead of rehab an injury. NFL teams knew that. Fans didn't. That's one of the reasons why we're always a step behind. Lack of information.
Loved seeing some folks blast the pick due to his “RAS” score. He sure is good at moving people regardless!

Dejaview

All Pro
Yeah we were the team to beat for years. Out of curiosity was that a single clip from the only Texans victory over the Steelers ( 7 points) during Browns 2008-2017 Texans career? Just wondering.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Green was well worth the pick. 10 year starter if healthy. Best iol in draft and a local guy to boot. Caserio did a pretty good job with the Local guys this year. Green and Pitre
You will never convince me trading back to take an underperforming poorly performing athletic OG instead drafting Jordan Davis will ever make a damn bit of sense. A pure case of being brain dead.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You will never convince me trading back to take an underperforming poorly performing athletic OG instead drafting Jordan Davis will ever make a damn bit of sense. A pure case of being brain dead.
Give me 10 yr starters and I too had Davis rated higher than Green. If Davis was in the middle the run issues wouldn't be as bad. Although I understand why Green didn't test well since he was coming off a surgery. Anyways Green is a stud and I'm very happy with the pick.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Give me 10 yr starters and I too had Davis rated higher than Green. If Davis was in the middle the run issues wouldn't be as bad. Although I understand why Green didn't test well since he was coming off a surgery. Anyways Green is a stud and I'm very happy with the pick.
I liked Davis a lot also, but I think that Green + Metchie (God willing he gets healthy) + Harris (ditto) + Booker is more than fair compensation with all the depth need the Texans have

zshawn10

All Pro

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I really like watching Green play. Imagine if they find a center and RT just like him next season. This OL would be nasty!
I'm thinking they can find their center of the future in this draft. A RT not so much. Although if Connor Galvin fell to the top of the 4th I wouldn't hesitate to pick him to play RT. I'm wondering if Caserio let's Howard walk and picks up a vet FA, or more likely runs with Heck next yr. That Howard cap space for mediocrity could be the difference in signing a guy like Roquan Smith or Devin Bush in FA next yr. If signing Roquan Smith in FA meant losing Howard would you do it and run with Heck and a mid rd guy like Galvin at RT?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm thinking they can find their center of the future in this draft. A RT not so much. Although if Connor Galvin fell to the top of the 4th I wouldn't hesitate to pick him to play RT. I'm wondering if Caserio let's Howard walk and picks up a vet FA, or more likely runs with Heck next yr. That Howard cap space for mediocrity could be the difference in signing a guy like Roquan Smith or Devin Bush in FA next yr. If signing Roquan Smith in FA meant losing Howard would you do it and run with Heck and a mid rd guy like Galvin at RT?
Why are you so high on Heck? He sucks even more than Howatd

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why are you so high on Heck? He sucks even more than Howatd
I'm not high on Heck at all. He's been a disappointment. He's an NFL JAG. I expected more from him at this point in his career. However if you told me I had to go with Heck if it meant signing Roquan Smith then count me in. I would look at replacing Howard with a draft pick instead of Heck if it meant getting rid of Heck.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm not high on Heck at all. He's been a disappointment. He's an NFL JAG. I expected more from him at this point in his career. However if you told me I had to go with Heck if it meant signing Roquan Smith then count me in. I would look at replacing Howard with a draft pick instead of Heck if it meant getting Heck.
If you could sign Smith or Bush reasonably OR Howard I would rather do that also... but I'd rather they found another FA OT than keep Heck.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If you could sign Smith or Bush reasonably OR Howard I would rather do that also... but I'd rather they found another FA OT than keep Heck.
You probably will have to reset the LB market to add Smith and Howard's contract will get you there. Would you do it?

Reactions: JB

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would. Have Deculus compete with another rookie, Heck and/or a bargain bin free agent. Give me the all pro LB to lead the defense!
Or all of the 4 options above.

You don't pass on great talent like Smith to Keep avg guys.

My theory is if you have to cut 2 avg guys to create cap space to get 1great player you do it and replace avg guys with draft picks and Jason Peters type FA's.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Except you have to make a decision on the avg players before you know if Smith even hits the market

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Except you have to make a decision on the avg players before you know if Smith even hits the market
I don’t think Howard has earned a 2nd contract. I was OK giving him the 5th year option and seeing how he does at one position and new scheme. But he has been below average and I am ready to pull the plug. Would rather find someone else and see if they can be an upgrade than give him the OB second contract special like Nick Martin.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I don’t think Howard has earned a 2nd contract. I was OK giving him the 5th year option and seeing how he does at one position and new scheme. But he has been below average and I am ready to pull the plug. Would rather find someone else and see if they can be an upgrade than give him the OB second contract special like Nick Martin.
Problem is 2023 is his 5th year

badboy

Hall of Fame
Below average? 1 sack isn't awful as line comes together.

Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Below average? 1 sack isn't aweful as line comes together.
Howard has been awful. The pressure he's given up has been right in Mills' face. I'm not making excuses for Mills. He still needs to step into the throw. But it's just one of those things that keeps this team from making plays.

Howard is not a playoff caliber RT and eventually has to be replaced. Like a majority of the starting lineup.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Howard has been awful. The pressure he's given up has been right in Mills' face. I'm not making excuses for Mills. He still needs to step into the throw. But it's just one of those things that keeps this team from making plays.

Howard is not a playoff caliber RT and eventually has to be replaced. Like a majority of the starting lineup.
This hurts but I tend to agree. Think Tytus is better suited to play RG. If they can agree on reasonable contract and switch positions I wouldn’t mind.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Ohio State has a left tackle and a right tackle that are pretty good that should be available in 2024.