Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

pick 1.15 Kenyon Green G TAMU

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I dunno is this guy strickly a guard or does he have any potential for playing tackle for us ?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
he’s been a guard his whole career…but last year he switch over to play some tackle…
He was the 5th rated OT in the nation coming out of High School (Atascocita) Humble Texas. played 4 different positions including both Right and Left Tackle @Texas A&M. 2021 12 starts; seven at LG, two at RT, two at RG and one at LT has position versatility. Warhop probably pounded the table for him, know I would.
:wesmantexanfan:

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm not thrilled with a guard at 15. Then I think about Quinten Nelson type and say - OK.
I agree about a guard @ 15 but even #6 overall is too high for a guard like Nelson IMO.
OTs are more coveted than interior Olinemen because they must be able to block the edge pass rushers.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Interesting how need drives picks and placement of prospects as they transition from College to the Pros. Every system and coaching staff is different even if from same tree, different branch. Love, love love taking two local players. Starting to feel like family again :logo:

Xopher

Rookie
I like the pick. He and Zion were a coin flip. However, what wins it for me us he is local, with what looks to be a good friend/family structure, that help him. No having to adjust to a new city. No having all the unknowns with a new place. Heck he can just stay at mom and dad's until he gets his own place. Drive from Atascocita to Kirby. Those intangibles sell me Kenyon over Zion.