Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans. 11/2. Noon. FOX. **Official Battle Red Thread**

What QB though? Going into this season our best option at QB was to draft a rookie QB. There wasn't any good FA QBs to be had, our best hope was to draft Bridgewater and hope for the best. The team made a long term decision in the draft to not do so. So I'm not judging a long term decision on short term results.

Clowney could STILL pan out and we could still find our QB for the future and things could still turn around.

Note: I want to scream right now (like I said in the game thread when people say there was nobody available). What about the guy we just got beat by? What about the guy who led the Redskins to a win over Dallas last Monday? What about the guy the Cowboys went out and got to backup Romo? Look, you just can't find a QB worse than Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick. QB's like that don't exist man. We went out and found the worst guy possible and there's just no way to justify that. No way.

We could still do a lot of things. Clowney could blow unicorn farts out of his ass and we could find a way to clone Peyton Manning during the offseason. We could turn it all around and make the world a better place but you know what? That ain't going to happen because the people who thought bringing Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick to town are calling the shots and people that stupid don't suddenly have lucid moments and make good decisions. My signature says "Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change."

It should say "Bob McNair makes bad decisions. That's not going to change" because that's the root of the problem here.

Note: I want to scream right now (like I said in the game thread when people say there was nobody available). What about the guy we just got beat by? What about the guy who led the Redskins to a win over Dallas last Monday? What about the guy the Cowboys went out and got to backup Romo? Look, you just can't find a QB worse than Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick. QB's like that don't exist man. We went out and found the worst guy possible and there's just no way to justify that. No way.

We could still do a lot of things. Clowney could blow unicorn farts out of his ass and we could find a way to clone Peyton Manning during the offseason. We could turn it all around and make the world a better place but you know what? That ain't going to happen because the people who thought bringing Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick to town are calling the shots and people that stupid don't suddenly have lucid moments and make good decisions. My signature says "Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change."

It should say "Bob McNair makes bad decisions. That's not going to change" because that's the root of the problem here.

I actually think the root of the problem is Rick the GM. He mismanages the cap every year to the point where we let players like Demeco go and Barwin. The year the Eagles picked those players up they also signed Nnamdi and like some other people to large deals and we were letting guys go left and right. Rick's MO is to continue to cycle through solid players and replace them with players in the draft. We are always drafting to fill starting holes instead of drafting to fill depth. Always.

As for those other options, they were all failed QBs in other places any ways. Pretty sure Mark Sanchez willfully resigned with the Eagles because he trusted Chip Kelly and liked the guy. I remember him having an opportunity to start somewhere and he said he'd rather backup for the Eagles.

Also....Colt McCoy? Brandon Weeden? These are all our best options? I guess, I wouldn't expect those guys to be leading this team to a 7-2 record though.

Lost both starting CBs, Foster and Mercilus during the game. Cushing and Clowney inactive heading into game. AJ had a horrible game dropping passes and not getting separation against subpar CBs. It's a wonder it was even competitive. Watt and Hopkins played excellent.

Bye week can't come soon enough next week!

Won't even put on the QB or not drafting one with a higher pick.

I will say we botched it in not keeping a veteran TE or whoever is supposed to be our TE coach, because G. Graham ain't worth the contract the way he blocks and doesn't catch clutch passes and CJ at best is a average blocker so far and Griffin disappeared along with Posey I guess.

Speaking on Posey, what must he be doing badly during the practices that K. Martin and his "Not Ready for Midday" self is still getting the nod over him. I mean can Posey not waive for Fair Catch inside the 20 yard line or wave off teammates and let the ball roll into unfavorable positions?

No idea what we are going to do with the OLB position since we don't have any bodies left outside of Whitney Mercilus at this point and I have no idea what that injury he had late in the game was about.

Why now? Fitzpatrick has played like this from the beginning.

The game is too fast for Fitzpatrick. He misses several wide open reads every game. Coach OB wastes energy trying to manage Fitz's limitations as QB. He needs to divert his attention to a QB that has room for growth - Mallett or Savage. Fitz is a ten year QB that is incapable of leading an offense. We've lost four of the last five games. While the entire stench from those games doesn't emanate from him, he's the main reason this team is trapped in the moat.

Wasn't O'Brien supposed to be some tight end guru or some ****?

I'd take Kubiak's offensive structure over O'Brien's any day. ANY day.

What bothers me about B.O. is that his offense just isn't creative.
Kubiak wasn't the offensive genius people made him out to be, but
_many_ times a game there would be a play where a guy
(dre, or whoever) was wide open -- because of the scheme.

I have yet to see that with the B.O. (stinky) offense. It's like our
guys are blanketed each play and StinkyPete(tm) has to lay the
ball in there _perfectly_ every time -- and that's something that
he just cannot do all of the time.

Game was over the minute Foster went down. Fitz is washed up. Looks like Schaub more and more each game. Trying to hit AJ who is covered when he has other receivers open. Same ol **** different beard. Season is done and there are no college QB's waiting to come start immediately in the NFL so welcome to the next three to four years of "rebuilding". We had our window of opportunity and Smithiak and He Who Throwith The Pick of Sixes wasted it. If you want to know why just drive north on 59 to Humble then head back south and there is a sign that explains it all ... "Now Entering Houston City Limits".

This is only the second game i have ever left early. The other was the 2012 Vikings debacle. I even sat through every game last year.

I have lost hope, although I don't know why I ever had it with this QB.

This is only the second game i have ever left early. The other was the 2012 Vikings debacle. I even sat through every game last year.

I have lost hope, although I don't know why I ever had it with this QB.

I lost hope as well, but couldn't bring myself to leave early. The only benefit of leaving early is to beat the traffic, but with the number of folks leaving early, I figured waiting till the end would work out better.

The game was never as close as it looked. Unless our defense scored again, we didn't have a shot.

I lost hope as well, but couldn't bring myself to leave early. The only benefit of leaving early is to beat the traffic, but with the number of folks leaving early, I figured waiting till the end would work out better.

The game was never as close as it looked. Unless our defense scored again, we didn't have a shot.

This was the first game that I didn't make plans to watch. I was in and out during the first quarter, didn't watch second through third....tuned in a little during fourth to see the score.

It was weird. I just didn't care much anymore.

Eh, watching the Blue Angels afterwards quickly turned my frown upside down. The wife and I came home after and made chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta, roasted brussel sprouts and Texas toast. Unlike past years, I refuse to allow this crap screw up the final day of my weekends.

Back