Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Partial Round one Mock and Texans #23 Poll.

Who do Texans take - read post first.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I have collated a mock of the first 22 selections:-
1. Cardinals - Nick Bosa DL
2. 49ers - Josh Allen Edge
3. Jets - Quinnen Williams DL
4. Raiders - Dwayne Haskins QB
5. Bucs - Greedy Williams CB
6. NYG - Kyler Murray QB
7. Jax - Jawaan Taylor OL
8. Lions - Rashan Gary Edge
9. Buffalo - Ed Oliver DL
10. Broncos - Drew Lock QB
11. Bengals - Devin White LB
12. Packers - Montez Sweat Edge
13. Miami - Daniel Jones QB
14. Falcons - Christian Wilkins DL
15. Redskins - D.K. Metcalf WR
16. Panthers - Clellin Ferrell DL
17. Browns - Jonah Williams OL
18. Vikings - Andre Dillard OL
19. Titans - Jachai Polite LB
20. Steelers - Devin Bush LB
21. Seahawks - Noah Fant TE
22. Ravens - Josh Jacobs RB

This list is about as realistic as I can figure it - you may disagree about who goes where but I think this is pretty close as to the ones that fall in the first 22.
The poll is about the next 9 best that will be available - you decide who the Texans take.
Poll will be up for 40 days. You get two choices.
Discussion is encouraged - for example - do Texans trade up with Browns or Vikings for Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard?
Edit - I have added "Other" for those who foresee another option.
If you choose this option, please add your choice in a post.

Last edited:
I have collated a mock of the first 22 selections:-
1. Cardinals - Nick Bosa DL
2. 49ers - Josh Allen Edge
3. Jets - Quinnen Williams DL
4. Raiders - Dwayne Haskins QB
5. Bucs - Greedy Williams CB
6. NYG - Kyler Murray QB
7. Jax - Jawaan Taylor OL
8. Lions - Rashan Gary Edge
9. Buffalo - Ed Oliver DL
10. Broncos - Drew Lock QB
11. Bengals - Devin White LB
12. Packers - Montez Sweat Edge
13. Miami - Daniel Jones QB
14. Falcons - Christian Wilkins DL
15. Redskins - D.K. Metcalf WR
16. Panthers - Clellin Ferrell DL
17. Browns - Jonah Williams OL
18. Vikings - Andre Dillard OL
19. Titans - Jachai Polite LB
20. Steelers - Devin Bush LB
21. Seahawks - Noah Fant TE
22. Ravens - Josh Jacobs RB

This list is about as realistic as I can figure it - you may disagree about who goes where but I think this is pretty close as to the ones that fall in the first 22.
The poll is about the next 9 best that will be available - you decide who the Texans take.
Poll will be up for 40 days. You get two choices.
Discussion is encouraged - for example - do Texans trade up with Browns or Vikings for Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard?

David Long would be my favorite prospect here. I also like Risner/Hockenson/Lawrence here.

I would consider the top 4 picks the Texans have to be a success if they end up with Bradbury/ Risner/Long/Cajuste/Isiah Johnson/ or McLarin/Sanders.. Although I think Lawrence could be a real differencemaker on the DL.

This tells me Gaine needs to trade up past the Browns/Vikes to get a premium OT.

There are many guys not on this list worth consideration. I like the interior guys, Bradbury, Lindstrom, and McCoy. There are two FS I would workout as CBs, Thornhill & Adderley. So, trading down would be the best option. But if I had to take the pick, I would be choosing between FSU edge Brian Burns and Clemson CB Trayvon Mullen. Burns would bring the type of speed and athleticism the Texans defense has never seen (thanks to Clowney's injury as a rookie). Mullen would fit the bill as best player available at a need position. I think there will be RTs available with the 2nd round picks.

Reactions: JB
Without making certain assumptions about what the Texans would have done in free agency it's difficult to make an informed decision here ?

Without making certain assumptions about what the Texans would have done in free agency it's difficult to make an informed decision here ?

yeah perhaps a bit early for this thread... let's re-visit in a month

Perhaps, but the draft is going to happen and the players will be drafted.
Mockers have been mocking since December.
When all is said and done, teams build for the future through the draft, and for the next season through FA.

There are many guys not on this list worth consideration. I like the interior guys, Bradbury, Lindstrom, and McCoy. There are two FS I would workout as CBs, Thornhill & Adderley. So, trading down would be the best option. But if I had to take the pick, I would be choosing between FSU edge Brian Burns and Clemson CB Trayvon Mullen. Burns would bring the type of speed and athleticism the Texans defense has never seen (thanks to Clowney's injury as a rookie). Mullen would fit the bill as best player available at a need position. I think there will be RTs available with the 2nd round picks.
There are many options open to Texans at this juncture but I tried to keep them as close as possible to grading/bpa and also most likely choices.
Obviously it is not an exact science.
Deiontae Thompson S is one I could have added to my list.

David Long would be my favorite prospect here. I also like Risner/Hockenson/Lawrence here.

I would consider the top 4 picks the Texans have to be a success if they end up with Bradbury/ Risner/Long/Cajuste/Isiah Johnson/ or McLarin/Sanders.. Although I think Lawrence could be a real differencemaker on the DL.

This tells me Gaine needs to trade up past the Browns/Vikes to get a premium OT.
I searched for McLarin and didn't get a hit.

Adding a player like Long would signify a much overdo scheme change on the back end. He’s a press man CB through and through. Would be nice to add that element to the defense and watch the front 7 feast on opposing QBs that can’t just throw quick passes on a 3 step drop.

Back