Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Our run defense...

texan279

Hall of Fame
I don't know about you guys, but I was impressed with our run D today. We held the leagues second leading rusher to 48 yards on 12 carries. I know he went out with the injury in the third quarter, but I still don't think he would have reached 100 yards today. Just my :twocents: .

I was nervous that Chris Brown was going to break one. His longest were 16 and 10 yards. Other than that it was 3 yards here 1 yard there. I was pleased with our run D. I was pretty po'ed when McNair had that 23 yard run, but it was kind of funny to watch. He was hobbling like an old man.

Agreed. Something's still wrong with McNair. He wasn't hit hard or often enough today to be limping and staggering like that.

Side note: Babin didn't exactly light up the field today, but the Tacks are MORE than welcome to keep Ben Troupe! :rofl:

I was thinking that we had to hold him to at least 70 yards in the first half, but we did an excellent job of not letting him break one. Way to go D

Our Run D has always been good.. they were in a kind of a slump the last few games.. but really, we had a pretty dominant run defense the last two seasons and all the same personel was there.. they just had to get clicking again.

The Run D was pretty good, but I think it has more to do with the Texans' gameplan coming in to Tennessee. They knew that Chris Brown was the biggest threat, and he needed to be stopped. I'm sure they focused more attention on the run defense in practice. Coming into the game against the Vikes I'm sure they were more concerned with defending the pass, and weren't expecting their running game to be so efficient for them. I'd like to add that Payne looked better today than he has at any other point in the season. He was getting some penetration, and he was in on some tackles and QB pressures. Hope its a sign of better things to come.

edo783 said:
Payne seems to be playing himself into game form. VERY good to see.

Yes it is. If we can get him and Walker playing closer to their capability, then we'll have a very formidable DLine. Congrats to Robaire Smith as well. He played very well against his former teamates. He looked energized, and tipped the pass that Dunta Robinson intercepted. Way to go.

Speaking of Robaire, he seems to be getting the hang of playing in the 3-4 type of defense. Last couple of games he has been a factor on several plays.

Yeah, I was really happy with our run defense too. I was concerned about this because the Titans had a great running game with Chris Brown (leading the league I think), and our run defense so far has only been competent. But we really stepped it up today. :headbang:

The only really negative thing I can say about today was that I'm a little dissapointed we couldn't convert turnovers into more points. McNair turns it over 3 (or is it 4?) times and we have to score touchdowns the hard way? Oh well.... Great game Houston!

Back