Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Other Texans message boards?

TripleTap

Dead Wood
Could somebody who knows post names and links of other Texans message boards? I'm just trying to update my links so I get comprehensive coverage of all Texans boards. Thanks.

pirbroke

Veteran
Could somebody who knows post names and links of other Texans message boards? I'm just trying to update my links so I get comprehensive coverage of all Texans boards. Thanks.
I’ll just add this one if by some small chance you don’t have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
My knee jerk reaction to this thread when I first saw it was that this was bad etiquette or done in poor taste. I may not be a good judge of that however (see the fire OB thread.) I learned there others may need Rosetta stone to accurately interpret some posts.

In hindsight though, 3tap is just looking for more information and reference points. That's not a bad thing.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
My knee jerk reaction to this thread when I first saw it was that this was bad etiquette or done in poor taste. I may not be a good judge of that however (see the fire OB thread.) I learned there others may need Rosetta stone to accurately interpret some posts.

In hindsight though, 3tap is just looking for more information and reference points. That's not a bad thing.
the biggest thing is that the message board is essentially the AM radio of social media. for people who want to take Texans they are using something twitter, Facebook, etc.

RGV82

Random guy
the biggest thing is that the message board is essentially the AM radio of social media. for people who want to take Texans they are using something twitter, Facebook, etc.
I prefer message boards as there is less traffic and you can communicate with the same crowd. Social media is full of millions of different fans having discussions that you can’t even follow.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I prefer message boards as there is less traffic and you can communicate with the same crowd. Social media is full of millions of different fans having discussions that you can’t even follow.
Agreed. M boards are a calmer more organized format in general. And you know posters here like @zshawn10 will share that material if its worthwhile anyway (thanks z.)

As for radio, I don't care for most of the personalities and the bulk of their opinions aren't groundbreaking or original. Just recycled.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Agreed. M boards are a calmer more organized format in general. And you know posters here like @zshawn10 will share that material if its worthwhile anyway (thanks z.)

As for radio, I don't care for most of the personalities and the bulk of their opinions aren't groundbreaking or original. Just recycled.
Powda, sometimes I think they read this board to decide on what topics to discuss, funny how 1-2 days after we chew on something the 610 boys have a back and forth on same topic.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Powda, sometimes I think they read this board to decide on what topics to discuss, funny how 1-2 days after we chew on something the 610 boys have a back and forth on same topic.

Several of those "radio personalities" from both AM stations have been known to post here in the past ….