Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[Offseason] Let Rackers walk, sign/draft new kicker

People will miss Rackers its not like good kickers grow on trees just ask cowgirl fans.

To me how a kicker does between 40 and 49 yards defines him (longer is gravy, and shorter should be a given).

Last year, Rackers 50% success rate in the 40-49 yard range put him at #32 in the NFL. That wasn't last because there were a couple of teams who used more than one kicker over the course of the season, but it was pretty darn close.

And contrary to your comment, adequate NFL kickers aren't that difficult to find.

People will miss Rackers its not like good kickers grow on trees just ask cowgirl fans.

Meh, from what I remember he and Kris Brown were neck and neck.

I miss KB more than I would Rackers, KB had the history on the team to make me "loyal" to him....Rackers felt like a substitute, while I don't wish him any ill will or nothing, if I didn't cry over us moving past KB, I sure won't for Rackers.

Besides, the best time to try out rookie kickers IS when you have a solid team since you shouldn't have to rely on their foot AS much.

Did anyone see this on KRIV?

Rackers stated: “There’s more upside, more opportunity for advancement in Washington.”

Advancement???? What is there like levels of kickers no, did the Texans have him as the Assistant Kicker, or something and the Skins will make him Director of Kicking? Dude just say its for the money, we understand. With that said see ya, and thank you for your time here.....

Rackers stated: “There’s more upside, more opportunity for advancement in Washington.”

Advancement???? What is there like levels of kickers no, did the Texans have him as the Assistant Kicker, or something and the Skins will make him Director of Kicking? Dude just say its for the money, we understand. With that said see ya, and thank you for your time here.....

Lou, I was going to post the same thing man. Seriously was.

I agree. "Advancement"??? I guess he wants more than Junior Associate level? He wants his own Kicking Firm! That's the ticket! I see now.

Whew! I am glad we are not holding him back anymore. He is a peacock and we gotta' let him fly.

I think only a mere 5% of the NFL players leave a team and refrain from talking massive **** on that former team. From what I see, most guys are babies when they leave. They live a privileged life, albeit a physically demanding one...but still, they cry like they can never make another dollar in the NFL just because some team let them go. Geez.

My theory is Bob's way of handling things lends itself to players getting shocked that they are no longer on the payroll. He's a good owner. He takes care of his guys. A player here just gets to the point where they think they are an honorary Bob McNair grandkid or something. Right?

I wouldn't mind drafting Bullock in the late rounds and it looks now that will be a very real possibility. However, it does surprise me a little that they let Rackers go so easily unless it was a cap space issue (He wanted more $ than we could afford!). Now that the Texans are a team with SB possibilities, I find it hard to believe Smithiak would take a chance on a Rookie Kicker who may decide the outcome of several games. It's a big risk because they let a "known quantity" go and there is no one out there available in FA, that I know of, that's any good, and Bullock is probably the only Kicker in the Draft worth taking. This could come back to bite them! :nicedog:

When Rackers said more opportunity maybe he meant more kicks per game since thats probably the only way Washington scores....... :lol:

Back