Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Jags at Texans, Sunday Sep 10, 2017!!

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Why? Because all the best ones are walking around on the street without a job?

Unless there's a guy like that (unemployed genius) that you like you wait until after the season is over.
I don't see anything that RS adds. I see no reason at all to have him around. You get rid of him and you send a message that the job is open. You may not hire someone until the season is over but so what? You lose nothing from doing it.

gafftop

All Pro
He bloviates and pats himself on the back constantly about what a great job he's doing.
bloviate : to speak or write verbosely and windily pundits bloviating on the radio or GM's bloviating to the owner
Is this blowing or kissing???? Just thought I would put up definition to save others time.
I agree by the way

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Y'all expect Scrooge McNair to fire Smith? Lol bless your hearts.
No, and if he doesn't by next season, I'm done. No point in wasting energy with this organization if they can't help themselves.

The way this organization is run is basically a rule book on how to lose fan support and force a city relocation.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
This QB bullshit will be his legacy get the bum out of here already his voice alone makes me nauseous.
Bill O'Brien's post-game presser just now.

"It's on me. It all starts with me. We as coaches need to do a better job. Nobody is going to feel sorry for us in this league. We have to do a better job and we will."

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was

"It's on me. It all starts with me. We as coaches need to do a better job. Nobody is going to feel sorry for us in this league. We have to do a better job and we will."
Thanks I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

OzzO

.. and then?
Brian T. Smith‏Verified account@ChronBrianSmith
Savage: "Obviously you never want to be replaced. ... I'll be here for this team." #Texans

Tom Savage: "You can boo me all you want. But just don't boo my guys. That's where it hurts." #Texans

patrick‏Verified account@PatDStat
"I have been here for four years and I have seen how it works." Tom Savage. #Texans

"That is out of my control." Tom Savage on not knowing who is starting on Thursday. #Texans

Houston Texans‏Verified account@HoustonTexans
Watt on performance: "Terrible. I don't know any other way to put it. Only one way to go from here, that's up. We can't play much worse."

Bulls on Parade

No, and if he doesn't by next season, I'm done. No point in wasting energy with this organization if they can't help themselves.

The way this organization is run is basically a rule book on how to lose fan support and force a city relocation.
15 years giving this team our energy and blood, sweat and tears just so we can be rewarded with the same disappointment and broken record of problems. I've already had enough to be honest. I'm going to die of a heart attack before I turn 40 if I keep investing so much of my time and passion into this team for the next several years. It's just not worth it when the ownership doesn't even have a clue what they're doing. Much less the general manager and head coach.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame

No, it starts with the people who put together the roster plan and make the long term decisions about who to re-sign, who to cut, who to trade, when to give up high value draft picks. That's you and Rick Smith. Y'all both are culpable and any reasonable owner would fire you both.

Atleast BoB takes responsibility. Rick Smith hasn't ever taken responsibility for his poorly constructed teams.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I am just willing to admit what McNair is all About.

Maybe someday you will realize the truth. Probably not
Complete crap response.. newsflash NFL owners buy teams to turn a damn profit.. every damn owner in the entire damn leugue does.. including Kraft and your wet dream Pats. They are business men. So why hate on McNair because he runs a business. This isn't ******* Unicef or some non profitable organization. What the hell.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
BoB doesn't "take responsibility". He just goes out there and says the same **** over and over again and as soon as he can walk away he's out of there and back to doing the same thing over and over again. Just because he says what he thinks people want to hear doesn't mean that he's sincere or means any of it. 4 years is enough and we're no closer to being where we need to be today than we were when he was hired. The guy is a fraud and it's time for him to go.

Rick too of course.

BYDS

Waterboy
Man can't believe I paid for Sunday ticket. Maybe I can sue the McNairs for reimbursement.
Yeah I avoided that this year. Close but glad now. Going to be a long season but if Watson can stay alive and learn it won't be a total waste.

Wolf

100% Texan
Loved bobs choice wording..."he played tough I shook my head..savage **** the bed. O line **** the bed. They both go together

gafftop

All Pro
Jags D got me 28 points on draftkings.
Texans D got ZERO
At least a bright side to this game to Honor the First Responders

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
Jags D got me 28 points on draftkings.
Texans D got ZERO
At least a bright side to this game to Honor the First Responders
This was the most upsetting things to me. I knew there was a chance our O would look craptastic but the D did not play well either

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Complete crap response.. newsflash NFL owners buy teams to turn a damn profit.. every damn owner in the entire damn leugue does.. including Kraft and your wet dream Pats. They are business men. So why hate on McNair because he runs a business. This isn't ******* Unicef or some non profitable organization. What the hell.
I don't have a problem with owners making a profit as long as they don't try to. Maximize profit by putting a team on the field like we saw today.

So let's just agree to disagree on McNair and his wishes to bring a championship to this city.

Be happy and expect more of the same.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
15 years giving this team our energy and blood, sweat and tears just so we can be rewarded with the same disappointment and broken record of problems. I've already had enough to be honest. I'm going to die of a heart attack before I turn 40 if I keep investing so much of my time and passion into this team for the next several years. It's just not worth it when the ownership doesn't even have a clue what they're doing. Much less the general manager and head coach.
Oh now McNair doesn't want to do anything too traumatic.

banned1976

sleeper mode
This was the most upsetting things to me. I knew there was a chance our O would look craptastic but the D did not play well either
I just listened to Seth Payne calling in to 610. He said Clowney was wandering around on the defense like he was just floating in outer space (he referenced the movie Gravity). What he was saying leads me to believe Vrabel made the defense so complicated that players didn't know where they were supposed to be. The Texans had zero pressure on Bortles and gave up 155 net yards on the ground...and it looked worse than that. Oddly, the Texans had more 1st downs than the Jags and were within 10 seconds on TOP.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I just listened to Seth Payne calling in to 610. He said Clowney was wandering around on the defense like he was just floating in outer space (he referenced the movie Gravity). What he was saying leads me to believe Vrabel made the defense so complicated that players didn't know where they were supposed to be. The Texans had zero pressure on Bortles and gave up 155 net yards on the ground...and it looked worse than that. Oddly, the Texans had more 1st downs than the Jags and were within 10 seconds on TOP.
I was just coming to post about Clowney.

Why is he standing up so much? The guy did so much better last year with his hand in the dirt. Our defense will be much better with Clowney and Watt at DE and Merciuls and Cunningham at OLB....quit being fancy and just play some normal defense.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I don't have a problem with owners making a profit as long as they don't try to. Maximize profit by putting a team on the field like we saw today.

So let's just agree to disagree on McNair and his wishes to bring a championship to this city.

Be happy and expect more of the same.
Where's the negative rep when you need it

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Oh now McNair doesn't want to do anything too traumatic.
Where's the negative rep when you need it
Lol

Thanks, when things play out exactly as I said they would, this is the best you can come up with.

Truth hurts sometimes

Number19

Hall of Fame
We had four players go out with concussions, including Fiedo and Griffin. Anderson took a hard hit to the helmet right at the end and may be a fifth concussion. We play on Thursday and there's a possibility we'll have no healthy TE.

Bulls on Parade

We had four players go out with concussions, including Fiedo and Griffin. Anderson took a hard hit to the helmet right at the end and may be a fifth concussion. We play on Thursday and there's a possibility we'll have no healthy TE.
We can sign a couple of street free agent tight ends. Maybe make a call to Tim Tebow and see if he's tired of playing baseball in the Mets minor league system, and perhaps he wants to play tight end. He could have played in the NFL the past handful of years had he been willing to play that position.

I got to meet five-time pro bowler at tight end, Jay Novacek, when I was in Dallas last week. He's like 54 years old now but maybe give the old man a call. The guy still has some strong hands. He crushed my right hand when he gave me a hand shake. LOL

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Go with 5 wide out sets. Oh wait. The Texans only have 2-3 healthy wide outs. Try exotic smash mouth with Foreman, Tyler and Miller. Oh yeah... Miller goes down when someone breathes on him, Foreman has a groin issue and Ervin is a flea back. Try exotic GET smashed in the mouth football and try to win it with special teams.
:sarcasm:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I don't see anything that RS adds. I see no reason at all to have him around. You get rid of him and you send a message that the job is open. You may not hire someone until the season is over but so what? You lose nothing from doing it.
You lose nothing. A nuts and bolts GM can be brought in later. What I would like to see is a guy who can come in and create a winning NFL culture. A team President or CEO or whatever you want to call it. A guy who has had success and knows the NFL. Bring him in and let that guy hire the GM, HC, scouts, ballboys, etc. A guy with 100% control of the football product with zero input from Bob and Cal. That's how it starts getting better.

Bill Parcells is not dead yet. He would be my first call.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Field Yates @FieldYates

Texans guard Xavier Su'a Filo has more tackles (2) today than JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney (1 each). That's a problem
I don't know man, of all the crappy stats there are in this game, 10 sacks to ZERO, just doesn't compute. I mean, I sat there and watched it with my own eyeballs and still can't comprehend.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I don't know man, of all the crappy stats there are in this game, 10 sacks to ZERO, just doesn't compute. I mean, I sat there and watched it with my own eyeballs and still can't comprehend.
Good thing OB feels good about the OL or it might have been 20-0

mussop

Hall of Fame
Time to sign Gary barnidge.

zshawn10

All Pro

✔@PatDStat

Tom Savage was pressured on 76.9% of his drop backs tonight.

10:12 PM - Sep 10, 2017

QB BLAKE BORTLES, 72,2 OVERALL GRADE
The biggest perceived issue for this Jaguarsteam coming into the year was the quarterback situation. Bortles was seemingly demoted in the preseason, before being promoted back to starter soon after. Many figured he’d struggle against an elite Texans defense. While Bortles was decidedly average in this game, that’s far better than many people expected. He spread the ball around, and on throws more than 10 yards downfield he was 4-of-8 for 62 yards. He was also victimized by his receivers at times as they dropped three of his passes, all of which would’ve been for first downs.

EDGE CALAIS CAMPBELL, 85.0 OVERALL GRADE
Campbell had a great day rushing the passer. Calais finished with 5 sacks and a hit and hurry. Campbell notched 4 of his sacks and his hurry rushing from the left side of the offensive formation. Campbell was one of many Jaguar defensive lineman who had a great day rushing the passer as Yannick Ngakoue also had a fabulous day as well. The Jaguars strip sack and fumble return late in the second quarter basically clinched the game in Jacksonville’s favor.

HOUSTON TEXANS
TOP 5 GRADES:

LB Zach Cunningham, 82.7 overall grade
TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, 81.2 overall grade
S Marcus Gilchrist, 79.8 overall grade
DI Brandon Dunn, 79.0 overall grade
DI D.J. Reader, 78.2 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ, 81.2 OVERALL GRADE

Fiedorowicz was a weapon for the Texans offense in the 24 snaps he played. He caught all 4 passes deemed catchable that were thrown his way. Fiedorowicz averaged 4.60 yards per route run, doing most of his work in the middle of the field.

QB DESHAUN WATSON, 31.7 OVERALL GRADED
Watson was 12 of 23 passing and averaged 4.43 yards per attempted pass. He faced pressure on 10 of his 29 dropbacks and was sacked 4 times. He also finished 1 of 4 for 12 yards and an interception while under pressure. Watson was able to keep drives alive with his legs but also had several miscommunications with his wide receivers and struggled with accuracy. Watson did complete 4 of his 5 pass attempts using play action and had a touchdown as well. Houston may employ more play action as Watson grows in the offense.

DI J.J. WATT, 78.1 OVERALL GRADE
While this grade is very atypical for Watt throughout his career, it’s not bad for a player playing healthy for arguably the first time since the 2016 Wild Card round. Watt looked good in the run game, often standing his man up at the line of scrimmage and working his way to the hole to disrupt the play. His run stop at 10:02 of the first quarter was vintage Watt, shedding his block almost instantly and making the play. Where he struggled was rushing the passer. Watt recorded a hit and a hurry, but both were clean up plays. He had a hard time turning the corner on the edge and often found himself pushed back through the top of the pocket. While he’s clearly not back to his world-class level of play yet, this was an important step for Watt’s comeback.

LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM, 82.1 OVERALL GRADE
Considering how good this Texans defense was last year, it’s quite a surprise that their highest graded defender in this game was rookie Zach Cunningham. But make no mistake, Cunningham was impressive. Despite playing limited snaps (28 of 64), Cunningham finished with three solo run stops, and a run stop percentage of 18.8 percent. He also had a batted pass when rushing the quarterback. Cunningham’s strong play in this game may have earned himself a bit more playing time going forward.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-jacksonville-jaguars-29-houston-texans-7

Texansballer74

The Marine
Can someone post that should've been a Touchdown by Miller. One defender to beat and he couldn't even shake him out his cleats. Great open field tackle though.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
He's not listed on the injury report and he already carried it once, so that's not it.

I've defended BoB in the past, but I'm starting to think that it's not just Rick Smith who can't build a team, but it's also that BoB can't coach an offense.

godfathers agenda has succeeded, he holds all the marbles.

There ain't a coach alive that can win with the slugs they call O linemen on this team.

I've wanted the godfather gone for several years now. Ain't happening.

Sadly the godfather is here as long as a McNair owns this franchise. Reality sucks.

steelb has been right on sooooooooo many things.

:coffee:

We play the Bengals on Thursday Night and the Patriots after that (both road games). We're staring 0-3 in the fact. And what are the low percentage of teams that start off 0-3 that sill make the NFL Playoffs?

The worst part about having a potentially bad year in 2017 is the Cleveland Browns have our first and second-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft. They will benefit from our bad season and not us!

So people say it's going to be a long year. We'll it could be more like two or three long years. We may not be good again until a new head coach and possibly general manager are brought in. And I hate to say it, but new ownership as well. Bob McNair is clueless running an NFL franchise. I've given him 15 years to show me something good. Meanwhile, the Astros owner and new Rockets owner, are primed to show us something good in a fraction of the time.
What's really frustrating is that when we had that one 12-4 season it looked like we would have a contending team for at least two or three more seasons. Talk about a let down since.

Last edited:

zshawn10

All Pro