Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Jags at Texans, Sunday Dec 30, 2018!!

Agreed, but they started the season looking like a turd... but they wound up on top.

It's up to them now to show everyone they are more than just a floater.

I would LOVE to give them credit for an amazing playoff run and eat crow... but just as I doubted the season could be saved.... I doubt the playoffs are anything more than we have seen before.

Yep. Nice seasonal run, really enjoyed the hell out of it. To bad they lose next week.

Why does New England always get things to work out in their favor? They get the 2 seed and on top of that they get the texans in their home game if the texans win next week.

And Why does houston always get New England every freaking year anyway?????????????????????????????????

Bill B is one thing but Josh McDaniels is a fine OC. He really does a great job over there with what he has. Yea he’s got Brady but the guy mixes it up well and pushes the right buttons at the right time

They need a QB at a time when QBs will be available. It will be an interesting offseason. They have a shot at a real turnaround.
What they need is discipline. They are without leadership at any level. Until that changes, the Jags will be a team that looks better on paper than on the field, QB or no QB.

What they need is discipline. They are without leadership at any level. Until that changes, the Jags will be a team that looks better on paper than on the field, QB or no QB.

I assume caughlin is still there. The man optimizes discipline. They had a lot of injuries this year. Give them a solid qb and they'll be dangerous imo.

Well, of course it didn't cost, but... Taking that FG off the board, as erratic as our placekicker is and in that situation, has to be the stupidest decision in the history of the world. I would have fired the coach while the game was still in progress.

It looked like the Jags helmet to me.
The angle facing the returner, I thought it was evident it hits the Jags’ helmet first. Obviously, didn’t see anything conclusive the other way. Just wish the NFL would release the specific video angle on why they reversed some of these calls.

The overturned DW4 TD as well. I need to see what angle they saw to overturn the call on the field.

I watch it and think Ryan "The Whiff Master" Griffin needs to be replaced.
Ha, I remember thinking the same thing during the game that of course it was Griffin blocking. He could have done a better job of getting his hands on him, but they're coached to keep their inside leg in place like he did. I just wonder if they shouldn't widen out -- seems like we're too close to getting one blocked.

Well, of course it didn't cost, but... Taking that FG off the board, as erratic as our placekicker is and in that situation, has to be the stupidest decision in the history of the world. I would have fired the coach while the game was still in progress.

So glad you're not in charge of the hiring and firing. Far from the stupidest decision in history. Taking the penalty gave you 1st and goal at the 5. You take that every damn time.

And erratic kicker? Dude is 19-19 inside 40, 2 of his 5 misses this season have been 50+, and he hasn't missed a FG since a week before Thanksgiving (15 in a row). Gotta stop watching these games on whatever drugs it is you must be taking because it makes you sound clueless.

So glad you're not in charge of the hiring and firing. Far from the stupidest decision in history. Taking the penalty gave you 1st and goal at the 5. You take that every damn time.

And erratic kicker? Dude is 19-19 inside 40, 2 of his 5 misses this season have been 50+, and he hasn't missed a FG since a week before Thanksgiving (15 in a row). Gotta stop watching these games on whatever drugs it is you must be taking because it makes you sound clueless.
He even misses extra points. He is not as reliable as the best placekickers. You take the FG making it a 3-possession advantage. You don't take a chance on a turnover, which they almost had, or a missed repeated FG. Where you from, Mars?

He even misses extra points. He is not as reliable as the best placekickers. You take the FG making it a 3-possession advantage. You don't take a chance on a turnover, which they almost had, or a missed repeated FG. Where you from, Mars?
you are dead wrong. Your kicker is nails (Speedy gave stats), you kill two more minutes, far from stupid. 100% of NFL coaches take that penalty in that situation. We can ***** about getting DW4 hit later in the game or something real please

The overturned DW4 TD as well. I need to see what angle they saw to overturn the call on the field.
They finally showed the angle from behind the Texans backfield, and Watson's left knee hit the ground for a tenth of a second. I thought the punt hit the Jag in the helmet, also. But they didn't show enough angles to confirm one way or another.

Hilarious. And wrong. If you were at say the 30 and just hit a 47 yard FG, maybe you keep the points on the board, but not 1st and goal at the 5. Now, if you want to discuss the 19 seconds they ran off the clock on the next 3 plays, there's that, but taking 1st and goal at the 5 is done by everybody.

They finally showed the angle from behind the Texans backfield, and Watson's left knee hit the ground for a tenth of a second. I thought the punt hit the Jag in the helmet, also. But they didn't show enough angles to confirm one way or another.
I saw that angle, but to me, still wasn’t conclusive the knee ever hit the ground.

I’m so confused on what’s going on right now.

I'll clear it up for you....OB has just been handed his dream scenario. Week 17, up by 17, 7 minutes to go, Bortles is the opposing QB, AFCS Championship and Playoff spot guaranteed......as he wrings his hands together, he can finally unleash his master offensive plan on the Jags......run Watson at every opportunity, up the gut, damn the actual RB's b/c the other Coach wouldn't be prepared for this stupid arse play-calling or me, inexcusably risking injury to Watson before the playoffs. Oh boy!!! They'll never know what hit them!!!

OB.....you're a supreme dum"B"arse!!

He is the leading scorer in the league. == If OB took the FG, I can just see the post from you. "Why didn't BOB take the first down on the 5".

Reactions: JB
He is the leading scorer in the league. == If OB took the FG, I can just see the post from you. "Why didn't BOB take the first down on the 5".
There's no way in HELL you would have seen a criticism from me for accepting a 3-possession lead in the 4th quarter.

Back