Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Dolphins at Texans, Thursday Oct 25, 2018!!

Five in a row is impressive. Glad to see some real life in these guys. We all knew Watson could do this, and I'm relieved as hell to see him getting it back together.

Watson is a winner I'm not shocked at what he has accomplished. Guy is a gamer. Defense is coming along.

Impressive win. Guys looked like they belong. Holy crap Deshaun stat line. He was throwing dots out there. Games like those give me confidence that the team is coming together and realizing expectations. 11-5 just might be doable. (Pending injuries of course - any word on JJo or JDC?)

The quarterback situation throughout his tenure was of his choosing. He chose to keep Ryan Fitzpatrick. We didn't trade up for Derek Carr or Bridgewater or Garoppolo. He wanted Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett. He wanted Tom Savage. His terrible coaching put Brock Osweiler in an impossible situation to succeed.

Then he was given Watson and he still insisted on Savage and it was only until a complete embarrassment in Week 1 last year for him to throw Watson in at halftime. Then he hamstrung Watson even in the midst of Watson's dominance by not trusting him to beat the Seahawks and the Patriots.

He's not some innocent outsider to the results of this team.
I am not saying the Qb situation was not of his own doing but I just know that this team has opened up more since DW4 came along. I am no big fan of BOb or his past leading of offenses but all I know is what results tell me and that is that DW4 suits him and our team.

Fitzpatrick and Hoyer have both flashed signs of being competent Qb's. I guess BOb put more emphasis on his system and what he thought it could do for those Qb's. Mallett has always sucked. Tom Savage also flashed signs of being a quality starting Qb. I do agree that BOb did no favors for Os but to some extent Os neutered BOb due to inaccuracy throwing the ball and not reading the defenses well enough.

I am not negating any of BOb's blame but some of the quarterbacks he had in the past came to Houston after having looked solid for other teams. BOb is for sure part of the blame and if anything he has most of it. Still, I trust that with the players we have that BOb will do more with them than what we witnessed from the past.

Why does Ryan griffin start again?

Sorry, needed to correct one word in your post....should for does. Why should Ryan Griffin start again? I think from here on out:

TE1- Jordan Thomas
TE2- Jordan Aikens
TE3- Ryan Griffin

Thomas is going to be a monster if O'Brien just uses him. This guy is just so fluid for a 6-6 @ 275 lb TE. This is a weapon in the making.

Personally, when Coutee returns I would have no problem if O'Brien made Coutee, WR2, kept Thomas as TE1 and slid Aikens into the Slot. I believe Aikens possesses enough size and speed to be a nice mismatch from the slot.

Sorry, needed to correct one word in your post....should for does. Why should Ryan Griffin start again? I think from here on out:

TE1- Jordan Thomas
TE2- Jordan Aikens
TE3- Ryan Griffin

Thomas is going to be a monster if O'Brien just uses him. This guy is just so fluid for a 6-6 @ 275 lb TE. This is a weapon in the making.

Personally, when Coutee returns I would have no problem if O'Brien made Coutee, WR2, kept Thomas as TE1 and slid Aikens into the Slot. I believe Aikens possesses enough size and speed to be a nice mismatch from the slot.
I was listening to a pretty good podcast the other day where they reviewed Aikens and Thomas' play in Sunday's game against the Jags. Although neither caught a pass in that game you did see them beginning to block effectively and show looks at Full Back.

Griffin has always been an up and down player, but these 2 seem to be rounding into good blockers as well as receiving targets as the season wears on. This past draft looks like one of the better the Texans have had despite lack of early picks.

TE1- Jordan Thomas
TE2- Jordan Aikens
TE3- Ryan Griffin

I’m intrigued by putting aikens in the slot . But yea definitely agree Ryan shouldn’t get his job back. Thomas is just all around the better player but I believe the reason for griffin to start was he was the best blocker? I’m not too sure.

I’m intrigued by putting aikens in the slot . But yea definitely agree Ryan shouldn’t get his job back. Thomas is just all around the better player but I believe the reason for griffin to start was he was the best blocker? I’m not too sure.

Griffin was never even an adequate blocker....I'm hard pressed to determine which of his, untimely penalties, drops or lack of any type of blocking skills were his worst asset.

Great game. Dolphins had 5 major breaks go their way and we still ran away with it. Need a little work defending the bubble screens, trash football but other teams will try it more on us now.

Great game. Dolphins had 5 major breaks go their way and we still ran away with it. Need a little work defending the bubble screens, trash football but other teams will try it more on us now.

The fakes are doing the defense in

I mean, we've had Hopkins without Fuller and the team looked like....most of the Bill O'Brien tenure.

If it's true that Will Fuller is the difference, then we're going to just go back to the usual. And if it's true that a single practically-trick player is the key and the absolute dependency to an entire team being successful, then the team is not very well-coached.

BS post of the night. You gotta have the horses too be successful and Fuller is one of the main pieces that makes this offensego. If you could ever get over your blind hatred of everything BOB maybe you could see this. WFV is a special talent.

BTW, blaming BOB for Os sucking is laughable. I guess Gase is at fault for Os sucking tonight?

Since I decided to stop following the Texans they're 5-0. I'm sorry guys but it was obviously me. I didn't even know the game was on last night. I was online with some friends playing Path of Exile and when we shut it all down I turned on the TV and noticed that the Texans were playing (about 4 minutes left in the game). That was the first clue I had that the farther removed I am from the product the better it gets.

I'll be refusing to tune into or record any games until after the playoffs just to ensure the :trophy:

Since I decided to stop following the Texans they're 5-0. I'm sorry guys but it was obviously me. I didn't even know the game was on last night. I was online with some friends playing Path of Exile and when we shut it all down I turned on the TV and noticed that the Texans were playing (about 4 minutes left in the game). That was the first clue I had that the farther removed I am from the product the better it gets.

I'll be refusing to tune into or record any games until after the playoffs just to ensure the :trophy:

This game has caused me to waste many hours lately

The quarterback situation throughout his tenure was of his choosing. He chose to keep Ryan Fitzpatrick. We didn't trade up for Derek Carr or Bridgewater or Garoppolo. He wanted Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett. He wanted Tom Savage. His terrible coaching put Brock Osweiler in an impossible situation to succeed.

Then he was given Watson and he still insisted on Savage and it was only until a complete embarrassment in Week 1 last year for him to throw Watson in at halftime. Then he hamstrung Watson even in the midst of Watson's dominance by not trusting him to beat the Seahawks and the Patriots.

He's not some innocent outsider to the results of this team.

It was rumored BOB wanted Jimmy G, but Ricky got cute and lost Jimmy G.

It must be killing you to see the Texans doing well under BOB.

It's rumored everything under the sun, everybody gets to pick which one fits their agenda.

And your point is?

I thought this was a MB where people speculate, but I guess not.

I didn't see you responding to the 2nd part of my post. Must be killing you too.

Me too. Free game, not "Pay to win", and it's been around for almost a decade and keeps getting better. Tough to beat that.

Yup, I just picked back up on it recently Idk why I ever stopped. People told me d3 got better so I went back and tried that, it didn't get better one could argue it got worse, but it lead me back to POE like it did that first time. So thank you blizzard and the awfuk D3 dev team for not once, but twice putting me on the path to the superior game

And your point is?

I thought this was a MB where people speculate, but I guess not.

I didn't see you responding to the 2nd part of my post. Must be killing you too.

Speculate all you want, but that wasn't your intent was it.

As for the second part, you're a day late. Oh no, dumbass might accident himself with Smith's superstars and a bad schedule into mediocre and you'll call it mediocre ... oh wait ...

Speculate all you want, but that wasn't your intent was it.

As for the second part, you're a day late. Oh no, dumbass might accident himself with Smith's superstars and a bad schedule into mediocre and you'll call it mediocre ... oh wait ...

BS,

Man this post shows where you're really at.

I would think you might enjoy a 5 game winning streak. That's hard to do even against bad teams.

Nah, continue on with your agenda.

BS,

Man this post shows where you're really at.

I would think you might enjoy a 5 game winning streak. That's hard to do even against bad teams.

Nah, continue on with your agenda.

You've clicked like several times. You see my state of mind enjoying the current wins, diagnosis and posting of our success (have you done the same?). And then 2 people go weird, only 2. One was a hit and run that didn't even make sense, the other as always turned a thread into his own ... this time being Rick Smith and Jimmy Garappolo (just missing McNair for the trifecta). Look Texian, Bortles is not the greatest player in the history of ever!!! .... er swap Steel and Jimmy G.

You've clicked like several times. You see my state of mind enjoying the current wins, diagnosis and posting of our success (have you done the same?). And then 2 people go weird, only 2. One was a hit and run that didn't even make sense, the other as always turned a thread into his own ... this time being Rick Smith and Jimmy Garappolo (just missing McNair for the trifecta). Look Texian, Bortles is not the greatest player in the history of ever!!! .... er swap Steel and Jimmy G.

SMDH

Impossible, there has to be hatred of all things BOB to the point that you cant enjoy a 5 GAME WINNING STREAK.

Sad really.

Wrong.

We can enjoy the wins but still acknowledge BOB is trash.

He's still doing stupid things throughout games. Terrible call to accept that penalty on the kickoff, first down run on almost every drive is stupid, they were run blitzing the crap out of us last night, especially in the second half. Red zone offense is still questionable, but he finally called plays for our TE's, let's see if it continues...I doubt it. I will give him kudos for going for it on 4th down in the red zone and coming away with a TD. I even give them credit for being prepared for the onside kick. But let's not overlook his terrible choices just because we won big. He still isn't learning and improving.

Wrong.

We can enjoy the wins but still acknowledge BOB is trash.

He's still doing stupid things throughout games. Terrible call to accept that penalty on the kickoff, first down run on almost every drive is stupid, they were run blitzing the crap out of us last night, especially in the second half. Red zone offense is still questionable, but he finally called plays for our TE's, let's see if it continues...I doubt it. I will give him kudos for going for it on 4th down in the red zone and coming away with a TD. I even give them credit for being prepared for the onside kick. But let's not overlook his terrible choices just because we won big. He still isn't learning and improving.

Agreed about the kickoff.

They were very good in the RZ actually the last 2 games.

Improvement? I would say definitely yes, considering the OL play, which has also improved. Gotta have the horses.

And it's confirmed. WFV has a torn ACL. Gone for the year. Considering his speed is his greatest asset, have we seen the peak of Fuller or am I over reacting. In any case, here's to a complete and total recovery. Prayers for a smooth recovery (as much as humanely possible)

And it's confirmed. WFV has a torn ACL. Gone for the year. Considering his speed is his greatest asset, have we seen the peak of Fuller or am I overreacting. In any case, here's to a complete and total recovery. Prayers for a smooth recovery (as much as humanly possible)

Doc always says it's not the straight line speed that's affected, it's the ability to plant and make sharp cuts. Fuller is done for this year and will not be the same next year. We will need a new legit WR 2 with speed (Coutee might be it, but he is better in the slot)

It's great to see the team winning, but I don't trust the Texans organization, it's coaches, and the health of the players to sustain the winning. With such a weak division, it's more than possible we'll win the AFC South again, but that's it. Another banner to hang up in the stadium, another year of ending with a disappointment.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of the winning streak and watching our defense and Watson do their thing. But the reality of the Texans is that all this winning will come to a crashing halt before they pull an Astros on us. The pieces are just not all there, and some of the pieces need to be removed.

I was most excited about the modernized route combos he was finally employing. all buttchin needs to do is read TExans Talk and he will be ok LOL TE integration .. weve been talking about that stuff for weeks!

I was most excited about the modernized route combos he was finally employing. all buttchin needs to do is read TExans Talk and he will be ok LOL TE integration .. weve been talking about that stuff for weeks!
Save your best tips for the playoffs, we can handle the schedule the rest of the way. Anyone know his email? Buttchin@nrg.$$$

And it's confirmed. WFV has a torn ACL. Gone for the year. Considering his speed is his greatest asset, have we seen the peak of Fuller or am I over reacting. In any case, here's to a complete and total recovery. Prayers for a smooth recovery (as much as humanely possible)

WFV is a great WR but he can't stay healthy and so we need another guy. Ellington might be that guy but it only works if they can alternate when they're going to be hurt. He's as fragile as Fuller. We need another WR to take Fuller's spot and Coutee almost looks like he might be the third effective but fragile guy on our squad so he ain't it either. I know this stuff is just here to generate clicks but I kind of think he's on to something where the Texans are concerned.

NFL Trade Deadline suggestions for each AFC team

Sure could use another WR who could both threaten a defense by exploiting the attention that must be paid to Hopkins AND stay on the field.

Last edited:

It was rumored BOB wanted Jimmy G, but Ricky got cute and lost Jimmy G.

It must be killing you to see the Texans doing well under BOB.

How in the heck did Smith get "cute" & lose JimmyG?

Because he didn't pick him with our 2.1 pick?

The guy wasn't taken by any of the "QB needy" teams. He wasn't picked until 30 spots after ours by a team that had absolutely no need for a QB & got absolutely nothing out of that pick.

You're saying Ricky got cute because he didn't give New England our 2nd for Ryan Mallett? Because that's what the rumor was. New England took JimmyG out of spite.

Back