Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Bengals at Texans, Saturday Dec 24, 2016!!

Fair enough man. Game day posts regularly can get heated. I think us men get especially heated when we are pumped up watching grown men beat the **** out of each other.

Like I said, I've never had an issue with you. I did take exception when it seemed you were inferring that my post was stupid by you stating you only respond to stupid posts.

As for "I'm done", look man I'm an angry fan sick of the years of turmoil of being a Houston sports fan. As much as I wish I could be "done", it simply will never happen. I can't quit Houston sports, no matter how much I try. In this case, I did mean I was done with O'Brien, but I can see how that could be mistaken.

First of all, I stated I often respond to posts I think are stupid, not only respond to stupid posts. Secondly, I was just coming off a 12 hour shift and knew I had another 12 hours to work on Christmas day so I was trying to skim through really fast and not reading entire posts and not really thinking much at all. My apologies

Reactions: ROO
First of all, I stated I often respond to posts I think are stupid, not only respond to stupid posts. Secondly, I was just coming off a 12 hour shift and knew I had another 12 hours to work on Christmas day so I was trying to skim through really fast and not reading entire posts and not really thinking much at all. My apologies
No worries. Brutal work schedule and can definitely understand how exhausting that would be. As I've stated, I was already pissed off about our crap red zone offense. Neither of us were in the mood to take any crap from another poster. We're good.

The game was pretty boring. Lots of punting. I enjoyed the result of the game, but I felt the Bengals lost this more than the Texans won it. Winning by having the opposition miss a kick is rough. I am happy they won. Happy to see Savage getting a start. At this point, I would rest much of the team against the Titans and wish for the best in the playoffs.

It's called passion, no matter if it's negative or positive. This fan based reactive behavior has been going on for years. hahaha One minute you are talking positive, the next few seconds after a bad play, you will talk negative. That is the uncut nature of the sports beast. Every fan base across the globe does it.

JB do you work in the Oil Field. Those 12 hours shift aren't no joke. lol

Dude, I thought you were retired. Seriously.
:barman:

I would say nice win by the Texans, but it really wasn't. It was just a win.
I was hoping to see more out of Savage, but hey, a win is a win and you guys are AFC South champs.
I know my son is all sorts of pumped, so congrats. I will be watching and rooting for the Texans the rest of the way with him.

In regards to game day threads, I have moderated a Bengals forum for the past 12 years and I totally stay out of the game day threads.
They get too heated and negative, but think that's just par for the course wherever you may post.
Hard not to get all fired up when watching your team play. When they underperform, things can (and mostly do) get ugly.
I just stay away on game day and yell at the TV with my son.

Yelling "1st down" every time your team gets one ?? Yeah, I find that absolutely annoying as can be.
The Colts do that as well. God awful, unoriginal, boring and simply irritating to hear.
Just my thoughts on the matter of course.

Good luck the rest of the way and a Happy New Year to everyone here !!!

I finally got a chance to watching the all-22. I mainly focused on offense during the 1st half, and in the red zone in the 2nd half. Some observations I've made:
  • We all already knew this, but Allen & Clark struggled with Atkins & Dunlap. It really should have come at no surprise, as those are our two worst linemen and those are Pro-Bowl DLs. BOB should have prepared better for that, instead of hoping Allen/Clark will do fine. Since Bengals were able to apply pressure without blitzing, really made things difficult for Savage. I believe after the 2nd series, BOB got into conservative mode to protect Savage.
  • What's encouraging is Savage is pretty good against the blitz, which Os really struggled with. I counted 3 times where Bengals sent a cover-0 blitz, and he made them pay twice. The other time he threw behind Fuller, or else it would have been a huge gain!
  • In the red zone, Savage, play-calling, and OL are all to blame.
    • On just about every play, odds are someone on the OL is going to lose their battle.
    • Savage missed some throws. There were guys open, but for some reason he didn't pull the trigger or he simply threw a bad ball.
    • My only beef with play-calling is the inevitable 2nd down run play. They aren't working and it seems like we're basically wasting a down.

The game was pretty boring. Lots of punting. I enjoyed the result of the game, but I felt the Bengals lost this more than the Texans won it. Winning by having the opposition miss a kick is rough. I am happy they won. Happy to see Savage getting a start. At this point, I would rest much of the team against the Titans and wish for the best in the playoffs.

It is important to rest the team after a long season, but it sure would be nice for Savage's confidence if he could throw a few TD passes and build up his confidence with a blowout win. I know, Santa Claus has already come..............

Reactions: ROO
It is important to rest the team after a long season, but it sure would be nice for Savage's confidence if he could throw a few TD passes and build up his confidence with a blowout win. I know, Santa Claus has already come..............
Savage and his oline have to play the first half then you rest the guys that are beat up the worst.
Pretty much the same for the D.

Back