Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No Tough Guys!

pittbull

Rookie
I haven't gotten completely down on the team and never will, but I said it once, was shot down, but I got up and I'll say it again!!! WE HAVE NO TOUGH GUYS ON THIS TEAM!!!! With the exception of Johnson's blowup during the 2 minute mark & an overactive Antwan Peek, this team has no one that shows emotion!!! Where is the fire, where is the emotional leader? Capers is always calm, Casserly is always calm, the defense looks like Lions at times, but with no teeth! WE NEED SOMEONE WITH A NASTY STREAK!!! Someone the other team respects, and our guys will follow! I realize McNair built this team to model a city that has respect and kindness for all, but we also don't take no @$@%, and give out @#$#@ kickin's when needed. If I were management, my first free agent acquisition is a guy with attitude that will ruffle the fleathers of the locker room. Point blank, sometimes it's needed. A guy that gets a fine, and guy that makes the late hit! Until we show some heart, teams like the Colts will continue to run the score up and treat us like punks! :hmmm:

I thind D-Rob is gonna be one of these tough guys you're in seach of, but
he can't really pull it off right now because he's a rookie. He plays by example - he is a tough little dude who is a big-time hitter as we all know by now. And according to todays paper, he felt the Colts dissed us yesterday by continuing to throw late in thegame when they were way ahead (I totally agree with him on that point). He's definitely capable of having an attitue,
being a vocal team leader.

Wait till Glenn Earl gets his legs under him. We're going to have a real mixed bag in the secondary. A pair of de-cleaters playing with a pair of skillful sneaky veterans.

I gotta agree and disagree. No one shows the emtion needed with exceptions of people like Johnson, Peek and Robinson. The Texans really need to get Peek in the game to get everyone pumped up.

pittbull said:
I haven't gotten completely down on the team and never will, but I said it once, was shot down, but I got up and I'll say it again!!! WE HAVE NO TOUGH GUYS ON THIS TEAM!!!! With the exception of Johnson's blowup during the 2 minute mark & an overactive Antwan Peek, this team has no one that shows emotion!!! Where is the fire, where is the emotional leader? Capers is always calm, Casserly is always calm, the defense looks like Lions at times, but with no teeth! WE NEED SOMEONE WITH A NASTY STREAK!!! Someone the other team respects, and our guys will follow! I realize McNair built this team to model a city that has respect and kindness for all, but we also don't take no @$@%, and give out @#$#@ kickin's when needed. If I were management, my first free agent acquisition is a guy with attitude that will ruffle the fleathers of the locker room. Point blank, sometimes it's needed. A guy that gets a fine, and guy that makes the late hit! Until we show some heart, teams like the Colts will continue to run the score up and treat us like punks! :hmmm:

Hey! Most Texans fans got really mad and posted for a month, and in some cases still are, about Strouds hit on Carr last year. Not to mention Redmond last year or Henderson this year. Now you guys want a "Stroud"?

We Jags are the ones with the physical "nasty" players and we get grief from Texans fans all the time on our board about it.

Hehe, dont flame me. Im just playing.

I've never said anything about any tough guy in the league. This is a tough guy game and every team needs at least one. Robinson may grow into one, Peek never sees the field, and Johnson sees the ball only when he has a defender fall. I believe every unit should have at least one. Mainly, the o-line, linbackers, and gunners for special teams! :coolb:

I agree. I love the very physical way the Jaguars play and that we have several players who play with a mean streak. However the penelties are not so nice. Capers has always been a coach who preaches discipline tho and I do not see him allowing players to act in fashions that make for dumb penelties. He is not going to allow "retaliation" or actions used to rattle the other players if it is not within the allowed rules.

Back