Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No. 37

I'm sticking with my mock - LB Troy Anderson. NFL Access has him rated as 54th (overall) and is their 23rd best still available to start the 2nd round. So I'd like to trade down, get more picks, and take Troy Anderson.

Ojabo
Nakobe
Breece Hall
Logan Hall
Skye Moore

Ojabo is the only one I wouldn’t be happy with on that list. Would rather get out of top 100 before considering another medical red flag player. Plenty of edges to choose from in this range. And I honestly didn’t consider Ojabo pre-injury that much greater than the ones available.

Ojabo is the only one I wouldn’t be happy with on that list. Would rather get out of top 100 before considering another medical red flag player. Plenty of edges to choose from in this range. And I honestly didn’t consider Ojabo pre-injury that much greater than the ones available.

Taking Ojabo is like trading for a future pick. Sure there are plenty of other pass rushers left. A lot with better football skills, currently. But, this is pick #37. And this is in my estimation the most talented player left in the draft. His production on a per snap basis was phenomenal. Ojabo's ceiling is a 15+ sack/year player. Look, the Jags bet on a similar player (without Ojabo's production) with the 1st pick in the draft. That is crazy, no doubt. But at #37? I would take that risk.

#37A - Nakobe Dean, LB
#37B - George Pickens, WR
#37C - Skyy Moore, WR
#37D - Arnold Ebitkitie, Edge
#37E - Logan Hall, Edge
#37F - Travis Jones, DT
#37G - David Ojabo, Edge

Last edited:
If we don't trade down, then Breece Hall.

Hall would be the best short term pick. He would be the workhorse offensive centerpiece for the smash mouth running team. But he has been a bell cow in college a couple years already and would likely be worn down or on decline by the end of his rookie contract. But thinking beyond rookie contract I want Nakobe Dean or one of the edge rushers.

Hall would be the best short term pick. He would be the workhorse offensive centerpiece for the smash mouth running team. But he has been a bell cow in college a couple years already and would likely be worn down or on decline by the end of his rookie contract. But thinking beyond rookie contract I want Nakobe Dean or one of the edge rushers.
2019 - 186 carries
2020 - 279
2021 - 253

That's a lot.

Back