Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New Texan WR (off waivers)

Vinny

shiny happy fan
WR Nick Narcisse was picked up off of waivers today. He was cut by the Rams last week. I really don't know much about him. Perhaps some Tulane alums can give us some scoop if we have any.

I can't find much info.
Played for Tulane with JP Losman at QB and only caught 15 passes for 163 yards and two touchdowns as a senior. So it looks like he must have been injured this past year, right? He is about 5'11'' 188.

Not much out there. He doesn't look like a return man based on his stats.
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have claimed and been awarded WR Nick Narcisse, it was announced today. Narcisse (6-0, 188) is a rookie from Tulane who signed with the Rams on April 30 and was released on June 14.

Narcisse played in 29 games for Tulane, finishing career with 52 receptions for 629 yards with five touchdowns. As a senior, he played in 11 games, making 15 receptions for 163 yards with two touchdowns. As a junior, Narcisse started seven of nine games played, making 21 receptions for 340 yards with two touchdowns.

www.houstontexans.com

Did not see any info on the guy's ability to return kicks. Looks like a training camp body unless he has some out of this world physical skills that were not developed properly in college. Must have something, since the Rams bothered to look at him with thier good recent history at that position.

I was scratching my head trying to come up with a reason as to why a guy like Nick would get 2 shots at the NFL, then I read this:
Set his school’s track record in the 100 meters at 10.5 seconds.
Narcisse ran the 100 meters & was the anchor for the 4 X 100 relay for the Green Wave before the Men's track team was closed in 2002 to meet Title IX requirements (it's back for 2005). Guys with speed get all the chances in the world, Narcisse may be a candidate for the practice squad.

With R Dugans cut and T Charles on NFLE IR the Texans must have needed an extra WR for Training camp. Then the speed thing makes you wonder too. eek:

Back