Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New mascot request (trade fallout thread)

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Gimp.jpg

Not a fan of Toro. What do bulls do anyway but get their nuts cut and become steaks. That's far to classy for this team. I demand a new mascot. I think the Gimp is way more fitting. Every September they let us out of the box and we offer up our azz to the rest of the NFL.

F&@k this stupid team.

Might as well change our fight song to something more appropriate while we're at it...

Thanks a bundle kirby. We're not superbowl bound. We're not even good at being average. You guys **** the bed today in a big way.

Wtf would anyone who hasn't invested 20 years in this team decide to root for this team? What fledgling fan looking for a team to care about would pick us? We're not underdogs. We're the underdogs ****.

**** this team.

In the annual predict the season poll I said 6-10. What the hell was I thinking? That's bordering on average. We're far to inept to accomplish average.

The worst part is this has a long term effect. We branded ourselves today. What free agent will want to come here? What player on our roster will want to stay here without an absolutely massive payday?

You remember draft day when eli manning refused to play for the chargers and was subsequently traded? We are the team now people will refuse to play for.

I looked for any old jerseys I had so I could throw them out. I must've tossed them after the oz trade cause I cant find a single one.

I shoulda stopped then. Stupid me.

**** this team.

No owner with any semblance of nuts allows this to happen.

Cal,

-Your either intimidated by O'Brien like a *****.

-To dammnend incompetent to know better.

- Or dont care as long as we (fans) give you money.

**** this team.

No owner with any semblance of nuts allows this to happen.

Cal,

-Your either intimidated by O'Brien like a *****.

-To dammnend incompetent to know better.

- Or dont care as long as we (fans) give you money.

**** this team.
The fallout from this deal will likely be the loudest and longest in Texans history.
If O'Brien is the architect of this deal, then he just put his ass on the line.

The fallout from this deal will likely be the loudest and longest in Texans history.
If O'Brien is the architect of this deal, then he just put his ass on the line.

Actually, the best part of this deal (I hope) is it along with a miserable season will be enough to get O'Brien fired.

I'm not sure fans understand what just happened.

Congrats to Clowney. You got away from this team and the trade you forced will likely (should) get OB fired.

You might have to wait till January for it ,but the last laugh is yours.

Go gimps!

**** this team.

Because we’re in Houston. My other favorite teams now has been the Chargers or Steelers.

Kinda messed up we root for a team based purely on location. I'm guilty to.

I'm looking for a college team to care about instead of the colossal f'@k up the Texans are.

Does Phoenix university have a team?

Kinda messed up we root for a team based purely on location. I'm guilty to.

I'm looking for a college team to care about instead of the colossal f'@k up the Texans are.

Does Phoenix university have a team?
I root for the Coogs since I attended school there, but yeah I think is Arizona State. I’m not much into college football though.

I root for the Coogs since I attended school there, but yeah I think is Arizona State. I’m not much into college football though.

I'm not really into college ball much myself - but why the hell shoulda I continue rooting for the Texans?

I like football in general, but I have no tolerance for stupid. The Texans are outright stupid.

Per sports app

The Jadeveon Clowney era in Houston has reached its end.

The 2014 first overall pick is headed to Seattle, one of his two reportedly preferred trade destinations, as the Seahawks agreed to acquire him from the Texans.

In return, Houston will receive linebackers Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin in addition to a third-round pick.

Here's how both teams made out:

Seahawks: A-
It's a low-risk, high-reward move for Seahawks general manager John Schneider. He parted with two reserve linebackers and a non-premium draft pick that he can recoup via the compensatory formula if Clowney leaves as a free agent in 2020. With the addition of Clowney, Seattle can field one of the most fierce front sevens in the NFL:

POSITION PLAYER
EDGE Jadeveon Clowney
DT Jarran Reed*
DT Poona Ford
EDGE Ezekiel Ansah
LB K.J. Wright
LB Bobby Wagner
*Suspended six games for violating personal conduct policy

That group will also include pass-rusher L.J. Collier, a first-round draft pick, once he recovers from his ankle injury.

Give Schneider and Co. credit for not panicking as the season approached and overpaying for a potential one-year rental. The Seahawks won't be able to extend Clowney during the season because of the franchise tag rules, and the 26-year-old will be searching for a gigantic deal in free agency. The Texans were reportedly keen on two of the Seahawks' starting offensive linemen in center Justin Britt and right tackle Germain Ifedi, but Seattle managed to keep both, making this a home run for the Seahawks.

There is, however, one puzzling aspect of this deal: Why did Seattle trade Frank Clark only to go out a few months later and pick up Clowney? The Seahawks should know their only shot of retaining Clowney long term will be with the type of contract they refused to give Clark, who is probably the better player.

Texans: D
How does Houston - a supposed Super Bowl contender with massive concerns along the offensive line and at running back - not net more for a Pro Bowl player at a premium position? In return for a bona fide star in the prime of his career, the Texans received essentially what they gave up for a part-time running back in Duke Johnson - a third-round pick.

Neither Mingo nor Martin should be expected to make an impact in Houston. Mingo, a first-round bust from the 2013 draft, has never managed 50 tackles in a season and hasn't collected more than two sacks since his rookie campaign. Martin, a sixth-round pick in 2018, has nine career tackles.

The Texans continue to not take advantage of Deshaun Watson's low-priced rookie contract. They entered free agency with a boatload of cap space but pocketed the bulk of it. They had the money to extend Clowney but didn't, and they wound up getting very little for him.

Rumors piled up for weeks that Houston had become determined to shed Clowney not see him return to play on the tag. Despite what head coach Bill O'Brien insisted a day before the trade, it seemed that a rift developed between Clowney and the Texans.

The Texans don't have a general manager. They should probably consider hiring one, even though it's too late to salvage the Clowney ordeal.

Reactions: Max
I envy my parents.

I grew up in a football family. Dad was an Allstate rb in the very early 70's. So that kinda made it important for me growing up. In junior high my parents shut everything down on thursdays to watch me play. In high school they did the same on fridays.

I could run like hell but I wasn't the fastest guy on the team. The wr in front of me was. Back then I was a huge fan of jerry rice. If you could touch it you could catch it. My hands were magnets and over 3 years I never once dropped a pass in practice or a game. But it didn't matter. The guy ahead of me was just as good. And bigger. And faster.

I spent most of my time senior year on the bench - little passing in a wishbone offence. That coincided with the Oilers 35-3 loss.

That day crippled my parents - or rather it freed them. They stopped wasting Sunday afternoons on football.

They just stopped caring.

Why it's taken me so long is a mystery. Why do I root for a team so poorly run? Why do i let a loss f%#k up my week?

This team does not and has never cared about the product on the field. They want a profit.

Stop giving these incompetent bafoons your money.

**** this team.

What's the proper etiquette here for a morning after? I just remember Seahawks and Dolphins tag teaming us. Pretty sure somebody put something in our drink?

Should I expect a mint on the pillow? Maybe a thank you and a cup of coffee?

Waiting 3 days for a phone call is kinda standard right?

Actually, the best part of this deal (I hope) is it along with a miserable season will be enough to get O'Brien fired.

I'm not sure fans understand what just happened.

I think I understand what just happened, They lost a 1st (I consider Tunsil to be worth that 1st) they lost a 2021 1st/2nd (Gaine showed this could be overcome in 2018) They gained a 2020 3rd in the Clowney trade (They badly bungled the whole Clowney situation) and a 2020 4th in the Tunsil trade. (So they have enough ammo to move back into the 1st in 2020 if they wish) they also gained a 2021 6th.

Franchise LT's are expensive and they're paying for past sins. But I like having an OL that can protect Watson. If you look at Tunsil as their 2020 1st then look at this like the Texans got a 3rd/4th/6th rd pick, They really only lost Clowney and a 2021 1st in the trade for Tunsil plus the draft picks the Texans got back from the Dolphins.

A very fair price to pay for a franchise LT.

Imma hope Tonsil is all he's cracked up to be. Hard to believe one player will make all the difference.

He cant block more then one guy at a time.

I wonder if tex is getting the hint yet?

He cant block more then one guy at a time.

I wonder if tex is getting the hint yet?

Tunsil/Howard/Scharping this is what the Colts did last yr. Did you like how Luck looked? I expect the same from the Texans by week 6. I

Tunsil/Howard/Scharping this is what the Colts did last yr. Did you like how Luck looked? I expect the same from the Texans by week 6.

I love what they did. I wanna see us in action before I go that far.

This team does not and has never cared about the product on the field. They want a profit.

Stop giving these incompetent bafoons your money.

**** this team.

Tell us how you really feel. Honestly, I agree with you. I stopped caring much about this team a year ago, now it's just something to pass the time occasionally. If you take the Texans seriously it'll drive you nuts.

Back