Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New Era Has Arrived in HOUSTON

Time to let this go and get on to the Falcons. If the Texans are still full of themselves next week and get stomped it will all seems silly. Hopefully nobody down on Kirby is collecting sizes for letterman jackets over a 2 game winning streak just yet. My Youtube feed is full of people talking about how this as if it's the second coming. He's great I get it. I am happy to be wrong about him. I just want it to slow down until there's a bigger sample size and I am wary of the Texans getting full of themselves too soon.

Time to let this go and get on to the Falcons. If the Texans are still full of themselves next week and get stomped it will all seems silly. Hopefully nobody down on Kirby is collecting sizes for letterman jackets over a 2 game winning streak just yet. My Youtube feed is full of people talking about how this as if it's the second coming. He's great I get it. I am happy to be wrong about him. I just want it to slow down until there's a bigger sample size and I am wary of the Texans getting full of themselves too soon.

Sound like a Houston football fan

lol

I'm excited, but I have not lost sight of reality either.

I am excited because this is the first time I can remember us ever destroying a team, let alone two in a row.

Yes, it was to the Steelers and the Jags, but historically even if we were the greater team... the wins would have been much closer. So, whether we find oirselves to be a good team now... or once our opponents are higher caliber we simply find outselves to be improved... either way, I will take it after the past few seasons we have had.

I am enjoying the moment but not letting the moment take me over and believe "this is our year".

I wouldn't say no to seeing my Texans in the SB but, I sure as 💩 ain't expecting it.

It's been far too long since Texans football was truly enjoyable... since it is here... Im gonna enjoy it.

The only way to know for sure is to go out and get wins against teams like the Falcons and Saints before the bye week. Past teams had a way of making you think they figured it out only to come out completely different the next week. I am hopeful this team and leadership is different. Lets see how Sunday goes.

The only way to know for sure is to go out and get wins against teams like the Falcons and Saints before the bye week. Past teams had a way of making you think they figured it out only to come out completely different the next week. I am hopeful this team and leadership is different. Lets see how Sunday goes.

This team is built different. Demeco is a confidence injector. Bill O Brien was an insecure guy trying to be someone he wasn’t. Huge difference really.

If you needed a clue, rewind the Texans first drive of the Steelers game. Penalties and setbacks didn’t matter. The Texans got it done.

Yeah, I think there's a come back down to earth game coming in the not so distant future. Don't know if it will be this Sunday, but I know it's coming. And I don't think it will be a bad thing. A little humble pie and getting them refocused is a good thing. Of course that will get the trolls here in a frenzy, especially if CJ throws a pick.

I've got to admit though, the schedule keeps looking more and more like every game is winnable. May be off on my 5-7 win prediction and I'm good with that.

This team is built different. Demeco is a confidence injector. Bill O Brien was an insecure guy trying to be someone he wasn’t. Huge difference really.

If you needed a clue, rewind the Texans first drive of the Steelers game. Penalties and setbacks didn’t matter. The Texans got it done.
I agree they have shown something previous teams have not, but they still need to go out and prove it. I think they will. I am a believer, but it's up to them to get the job done

I'm excited, but I have not lost sight of reality either.

I am excited because this is the first time I can remember us ever destroying a team, let alone two in a row.

Yes, it was to the Steelers and the Jags, but historically even if we were the greater team... the wins would have been much closer. So, whether we find oirselves to be a good team now... or once our opponents are higher caliber we simply find outselves to be improved... either way, I will take it after the past few seasons we have had.

I am enjoying the moment but not letting the moment take me over and believe "this is our year".

I wouldn't say no to seeing my Texans in the SB but, I sure as 💩 ain't expecting it.

It's been far too long since Texans football was truly enjoyable... since it is here... Im gonna enjoy it.
Good news is that the schedule is really easy this yr

Good news is that the schedule is really easy this yr
Well, this is the perfect season to make it to the playoffs, even if it is one and done.

Since we dont own our own first... all the more reason to drive its value as far back as possible, while moving the Browns pick closer to the front. (Assuming they don't make the playoffs.)

I came into the season expecting very, very little (As I did with pretty much every season in the past). This is the first time in awhile if not ever they have not only met expectations but exceeded them.

Well, this is the perfect season to make it to the playoffs, even if it is one and done.

Since we dont own our own first... all the more reason to drive its value as far back as possible, while moving the Browns pick closer to the front. (Assuming they don't make the playoffs.)

I came into the season expecting very, very little (As I did with pretty much every season in the past). This is the first time in awhile if not ever they have not only met expectations but exceeded them.
My expectations have always been low. Why? Watching 50 years of professional football in Houston.

Absolutely no reason to let this go as it has been too long for us to be excited about a Texans team from all aspects of the game. Of course, we could get stopped by Atlanta but that will not reduce the excitement that we've already seen and the optimism for the future.
If a little overreaction when we get beat can go on for pages and pages, then a little overreaction when we are doing so well is fine by me.

I’d love to see the offense drop a 50 burger on some Falcon arse, then proceed to go into the bye on a winning streak. Now, I’m not expecting that to happen but it’s not out of the realm of possibly.

Texans are entering WK5 as the same dog as in weeks 1-4. They’ve won the last two in dominating fashion….as the underdogs.

Steelers were expected to win, and Jags won the week after their thumping. Both of these teams are good….Texans were better and it was no accident.

Ryans and his staff seem to have this team grounded and playing with a focus of next team up. Let’s hope he keeps them focused as their season gets stronger.

Texans are entering WK5 as the same dog as in weeks 1-4. They’ve won the last two in dominating fashion….as the underdogs.

Steelers were expected to win, and Jags won the week after their thumping. Both of these teams are good….Texans were better and it was no accident.

Ryans and his staff seem to have this team grounded and playing with a focus of next team up. Let’s hope he keeps them focused as their season gets stronger.
Oh no... the Texans are getting no respect. What shall we do!!!

If only we had experience with this, we'd be prepared & soldier on.

Woe is me... Woe is me.

j/k

Vegas is usually right. The betting public will come in & correct them if need be. That's why the line will move. Those odds doesn't mean the Texans are a bad team. It just means Vegas thinks we're a bad team & can't continue on the trajectory the last two games suggest. The betting public will add their opinion as the week goes on. The Texans will answer on Sunday.

Last edited:
Oh no... the Texans are getting no respect. What shall we do!!!

If only we had experience with this, we'd be prepared & soldier on.

Woe is me... Woe is me.

j/k

Vegas is usually right. The betting public will come in & correct them if need be. That's why the line will move. Those odds doesn't mean the Texans are a bad team. It just means Vegas thinks we're a bad team & can't continue on the trajectory the last two games suggest. The betting public will add their opinion as the week goes on. The Texans will answer on Sunday.
The line was as much as 4.5
Now it's just 1.5
As the away team, it actually means the Texans are favorites.

I trust DeMeco to keep that from happening

100% this. Either you believe in the head coach or you don't. :texflag:

I bought in when they hired him. The funny thing is other fans telling me to slow my roll, trying to dictate how I fan. Yet, I'm not proselytizing about believing in DeMeco.

You do you. Fan how you want. Leave me alone to have my good time.

My take fwiw (and not trying to convince anyone else): Finally having both a HC and QB that lets you have hope for the future is a new thing. I get the pessimism, the Charlie-Brown-kicking-football syndrome, the Houston football fan misery history. I get it. I lived it with all of you.

That said, I'm getting too old to let my entertainment be anything more than entertainment in my life. So I'm not going to slow my roll by burdening DeMeco and CJ with yesterday's baggage. I'm going to enjoy the ride and every stop on it. :cowboy1:

100% this. Either you believe in the head coach or you don't. :texflag:

I bought in when they hired him. The funny thing is other fans telling me to slow my roll, trying to dictate how I fan. Yet, I'm not proselytizing about believing in DeMeco.

You do you. Fan how you want. Leave me alone to have my good time.

My take fwiw (and not trying to convince anyone else): Finally having both a HC and QB that lets you have hope for the future is a new thing. I get the pessimism, the Charlie-Brown-kicking-football syndrome, the Houston football fan misery history. I get it. I lived it with all of you.

That said, I'm getting too old to let my entertainment be anything more than entertainment in my life. So I'm not going to slow my roll by burdening DeMeco and CJ with yesterday's baggage. I'm going to enjoy the ride and every stop on it. :cowboy1:
YES SIR! A thousand times…. THIS.

And Darrell… i would gladly take on more fans at those stops. Let’s become the most hated team in America… like our Astros. I know we’re loving the hate. It’s fun!

So true! If this group can gel and another good draft wouldn't hurt. Then as long as the play keeps up...Texans are going to be dangerous as a playoff caliber (or better) team.

Back