Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New England Patriots @ Houston Texans. 12/1. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

:kubepalm:

153sjh4.jpg

How bout a win, fellas? Thanks.

Take a shot of whiskey every time Brice McCain gets beat.

J/K I don't want y'all to die of alcohol poisoning :)

I predict we will play much better than we have in the last 9 games:

Patriots: 52

Texans: 13

Major improvement. :bravo:

there are som pats fans at my work I wanna win this game so bad !!!!!!! I hate the Pats

I don't care if it ruins our draft position

it will just feel good knowing we beat the patriots !!!!!!!!!! and make for a happy sunday night

that and maybe make the road to the SB go through KC or Denver LOL and not Foxborrrooowww

Lucky week 13

13-CBS-E-V2.png

New England @ Houston (red) -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf [AK; HI]
Miami @ NY Jets (blue) -- Marv Albert, Rich Gannon
Jacksonville @ Cleveland (green) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Tennessee @ Indianapolis (yellow) -- Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
NO GAME due to NFL rules (grey)

Wow, nearly the whole country is going to see us get slaughtered.

Officiating crew: Pete Morelli

Game day release: Link

Flip card: Link (first time they've posted one of these before the game in months)

How about some new formations and route combinations?
Can we have Case not look like Matt this week?
How about a pass rush that makes cry baby Brady uncomfortable?

Lucky week 13

13-CBS-E-V2.png

New England @ Houston (red) -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf [AK; HI]
Miami @ NY Jets (blue) -- Marv Albert, Rich Gannon
Jacksonville @ Cleveland (green) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Tennessee @ Indianapolis (yellow) -- Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
NO GAME due to NFL rules (grey)

Wow, nearly the whole country is going to see us get slaughtered.

Officiating crew: Pete Morelli

Game day release: Link

Flip card: Link (first time they've posted one of these before the game in months)

How about some new formations and route combinations?
Can we have Case not look like Matt this week?
How about a pass rush that makes cry baby Brady uncomfortable?

Can we have a running game with an RB that can pass block and can run a screen? And can we have hot read outlet routes that are planned within 10 yds of the LOS instead of outside of 15?

Can we have a running game with an RB that can pass block and can run a screen?

GM and coaching. This really should dispel the myth that you can plug any running back in to this system and be successful. Arian is special.

And can we have hot read outlet routes that are planned within 10 yds of the LOS instead of outside of 15?

Coaching. Sometimes the coaches look like not only have they not coached before but that they haven't even watched football before.

Wade, on obvious passing downs seems to almost always blitz.......and just like Kubiak's O, it has become stale and predictable........there is no attempt to disguise anything. Wade runs a "34 dogs" look on most obvious passing downs. It's the base 3-4 alignment, and the "dogs" are when both outside linebackers blitz. From there, the inside linebacker usually blitzes late, making it 6-on-6, which means 1-on-1.........the problem is that our 1-on-1s don't usually manage to do squat against the opponents' 1-on-1s.

And if Wade doesn't account for short slants, this is going to be another long day..........even if Case manages to put 30 on the board.

I find myself feeling the same way I felt during the 2002 expansion season. I'm just going to watch the game today and try my best to enjoy it. The Houston Texans are still the same franchise all of these years later.

Wade, on obvious passing downs seems to almost always blitz.......and just like Kubiak's O, it has become stale and predictable........there is no attempt to disguise anything. Wade runs a "34 dogs" look on most obvious passing downs. It's the base 3-4 alignment, and the "dogs" are when both outside linebackers blitz. From there, the inside linebacker usually blitzes late, making it 6-on-6, which means 1-on-1.........the problem is that our 1-on-1s don't usually manage to do squat against the opponents' 1-on-1s.

Funny, will look again today, but I would have bet in obvious passing downs the Texans have generally gone to a 4 man front usually 2 down linemen and 2 OLBs either up or down.

Last edited:
If Kareem plays today, he may still have problems getting his arm up on the side of his 1st rib fracture. I would feel much better with him getting at least 1 additional week of healing.

seriously pay close attention to how well Case handles Patriot pressure, different pre-snap looks & coverage packages. could be Ben Tate swan song as a Texan & his chance to market his soon to be free agent skills. I really want to see Derek Newton play a clean game, must establish OL integrity. Normally Manning would match up w/Rob Gronkowski now it will be by committee. not a good idea to isolate single up with Keo but certain Brady will be looking to do so early & often. Gut check time. After getting blown out twice last season can Texans at least be competitive? :swatter:

seriously pay close attention to how well Case handles Patriot pressure, different pre-snap looks & coverage packages. could be Ben Tate swan song as a Texan & his chance to market his soon to be free agent skills. I really want to see Derek Newton play a clean game, must establish OL integrity. Normally Manning would match up w/Rob Gronkowski now it will be by committee. not a good idea to isolate single up with Keo but certain Brady will be looking to do so early & often. Gut check time. After getting blown out twice last season can Texans at least be competitive? :swatter:

Ah yes, I forgot Gronk was back. Just you wait until Swearinger bumps shoulders with him.

I'm gonna give it a Texans effort... I mean give it a half, to see if it's worth the extra 1.5 hours of watching.

Is it just me or does it seem like the play calling is handcuffing case and not letting I'm use his instincts?

Damn can Martin suck as a punt returner any more?

Look how many people are in the gameday thread haha. Wow this is the least amount i have ever seen, even during home games the thread is usually packed.

Back