Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Never stopped being an NFL Expansion team

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
acctually we are the patriots SOuth only think left to do is get Bill bellicheck and brady in 2022 :P

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The expansion team had a better HC, current QB situation (assuming Watson is in fact gone) a better defense, and better draft capital and salary cap situation. Also, a better owner, let's not forget that.
Not if they trade DW4, hit on their new QB and hit on the extra picks to rebuild the rest of the team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
A lot of ifs and lottery winning luck.
If DW4 stays they wont win anything for sure.

No draft picks/Cap space will make putting a contender on the field impossible.

By trading DW4 atleast they have a chance. Look at the many teams throughout the yrs that have built a solid foundation with draft picks, the supplemented this with FA's/trades.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

By trading DW4 atleast they have a chance. Look at the many teams throughout the yrs that have built a solid foundation with draft picks, the supplemented this with FA's/trades.
LMAO.

What gives you confidence the Texans can draft a solid foundation?

They are drafting a bunch of choir boys from here on out. “Texans Worthy” is on steroids. You won’t see one draft pick that is a person of questionable Christian character. They still need to draft a QB to build around. And those grow on trees.

Hope. Luck. Let me know how that works out for you.

Texans are screwed either way.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
See "i quit" thread post 300.
I am not emotionally invested enough in this expansion team for that. I separated myself after last year’s playoff game against KC. The Hopkins trade solidified it. Everything else drove it deeper.

Let me know when this expansion team turns into a real NFL team.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
LMAO.

They are drafting a bunch of choir boys from here on out. “Texans Worthy” is on steroids. You won’t see one draft pick that is a person of questionable Christian character. They still need to draft a QB to build around. And those grow on trees.

America is full of people claiming to be Christian so they should have plenty to choose from. :lol:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
LMAO.

I'm willing to let Caserio atleast go through a couple of drafts before I declare the franchise unfixable.

There are potentially franchise level QBs in this draft. DW4 isn't the only franchise QB in the world. Caserio has to figure out which QB in this draft is a franchise QB.

It's a tough job, but a necessary job. If I was in Caserio's shoes I would be on the phone to Scott McCloughan and hire him as a consultant to help me with the decision on which QB is most likely to be a franchise QB in this draft. This guy knows QBs.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I'm willing to let Caserio atleast go through a couple of drafts before I declare the franchise unfixable.

There are potentially franchise level QBs in this draft. DW4 isn't the only franchise QB in the world. Caserio has to figure out which QB in this draft is a franchise QB.

It's a tough job, but a necessary job. If I was in Caserio's shoes I would be on the phone to Scott McCloughan and hire him as a consultant to help me with the decision on which QB is most likely to be a franchise QB in this draft. This guy knows QBs.
Wow. Is this the first time you called Watson a franchise QB?

Franchise QBs don’t just grow on trees. Ask the Browns, 49ers, Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys, Bucs, Patriots, Broncos, ... in fact almost all teams are involved in some level of QB uncertainty. The only few I can think of off the top of my head that are solid are the Seahawks, Bills, and Chiefs. Others have unproven rookies/young QBs that could end up like Wentz and Goff.

It’s a QB driven league.

This franchise will forever be a expansion team as long as Cal is there. Or he figures it out which will be a while.

And you were one that complained about the Texans Worthy crap. Do you really think that it isn’t going to be worse with Easterby in Cal’s ear?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Franchise QBs don’t just grow on trees.
Matthew Stafford & Phillip Rivers are franchise QBs. After so long though, you have to move on. In this case, if you don’t believe in the guy (& he’s said he doesn’t many times) you move on.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Matthew Stafford & Phillip Rivers are franchise QBs. After so long though, you have to move on. In this case, if you don’t believe in the guy (& he’s said he doesn’t many times) you move on.
Both those QBs had to deal with poor ownership.

Which underlines the point of it doesn’t matter if keep Watson or trade him for picks. This expansion team will screw it up.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Franchise QBs don’t just grow on trees. Ask the Browns, 49ers, Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys, Bucs, Patriots, Broncos, ... in fact almost all teams are involved in some level of QB uncertainty. The only few I can think of off the top of my head that are solid are the Seahawks, Bills, and Chiefs. Others have unproven rookies/young QBs that could end up like Wentz and Goff.

It’s a QB driven league.

This franchise will forever be a expansion team as long as Cal is there. Or he figures it out which will be a while.

And you were one that complained about the Texans Worthy crap. Do you really think that it isn’t going to be worse with Easterby in Cal’s ear?
He's a franchise QB but not an elite QB.

These are 2 totally different things.

The way I see it is if you cant win a SB with DW4 then you should move on. I've listed many times why I dont think DW$ can win a championship. Hopefully the NYJ/Redskins/Miami dont feel the same way about DW4 that I do.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Define “good”.
Find 3 or 4 starters out of each draft. Including 1 or 2 differencemakers.

This doesn't include if they trade for a boatload of draft picks for DW4.

Get the best players possible in the draft/FA/trades.

Not sign mid level players to bad contracts (Looking at the Mercilus/Cunnigham/Murray signings)

whiteboy

Practice Squad
Maybe Belichick. Brady seems to be doing alright without him.
Belichick cant succeed without Brady it seems, so we dont need more of that.

Everyone always wondered why all the coaches from the Belichick "tree" never amounted to anything ... now we know.

Because they didn't have Tom Brady.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Find 3 or 4 starters out of each draft. Including 1 or 2 differencemakers.

This doesn't include if they trade for a boatload of draft picks for DW4.

Get the best players possible in the draft/FA/trades.

Not sign mid level players to bad contracts (Looking at the Mercilus/Cunnigham/Murray signings)
Based on this - it isn’t likely. Your new GM isn’t getting the chance to do GM duties. You were better off with Rick Smith. Lol.

I actually agree with you. Trade Watson. Get picks. Hope to get lucky. Lottery lucky. But this expansion team will get in its own way.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Belichick cant succeed without Brady it seems, so we dont need more of that.

Everyone always wondered why all the coaches from the Belichick "tree" never amounted to anything ... now we know.

Because they didn't have Tom Brady.
It’s been one season and a very weird season at that where Pats had players sit out, had their training facilities shut down multiple times and Cam showed he will never be the old Cam again. On top of that Brady went to a team that truly could say they were only a QB away AND two of the all time best came out of retirement to play with him again. Maybe we should wait a little longer before closing he book on the Brady or Belichick debate.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

if watson is soooooo good why cant he give us 8 wins ..???? 8-8 is that to much to ask LOL

heck we made the playoffs with Mallett and Hoyer has our QB

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
if watson is soooooo good why cant he give us 8 wins ..???? 8-8 is that to much to ask LOL

Coaching?

Oh that's right they had the same HC.

That guy sucks

Are you following the line of thinking

If you disagree with the masses you're a moron.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

Because Hoyer didn’t have a defense that was the worst on the planet, and a run game that was even worse than that.

Contrary to popular belief, a QB can’t do it all.

Oh, and they made the playoffs twice with Watson.