Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Myers' son successful surgery

badboy

Hall of Fame
Local NBC reports Chris Myers' son underwent successful facial repair surgery. I cannot find any links but offer prayers for him and his family.

Local NBC reports Chris Myers' son underwent successful facial repair surgery. I cannot find any links but offer prayers for him and his family.

I think his son was born with a cleft pallet, so this was probably a planned surgery rather than an emergency situation.

Why waste prayers on a kid with cosmetic surgery? I think I save mine for the millions that are dying from cancers and other formidable life-threatening diseases.

Why waste prayers on a kid with cosmetic surgery? I think I save mine for the millions that are dying from cancers and other formidable life-threatening diseases.

Prayers are never wasted. We have an unlimited supply of them.

God is big enough to handle them all. There are no wasted prayers unless you are asking for permission to sin.

My comment is not cryptic. I just do not feel that his family's health concerns are anything for us to know about or discuss. Its personal.

He's actually shared a lot of information about his son to raise awareness of this. And he's raised money. So a lot of people care.

Chris was already active in charities, mostly ones benefiting military veterans and families. But when choosing where to send the money made from sales of T-shirts he initially created for his fellow offensive linemen, he opted for Operation Smile. The organization helps children worldwide who don't have access to the same medical care or equipment his child does. During a four-day pre-sale, the "Trench Life" shirts, made by Running Game Clothing, sold enough to donate $5,000 to Operation Smile.

Jenny's 7-year-old niece, Ava, sold bracelets she made to donate to Operation Smile. They raised $500. Ava's father, Jenny's brother, plays professional soccer for the Philadelphia Union, so Ava made the bracelets for his teammates. She calls Chris "Uncle Moto," after a hippo in the movie "Madagascar 3."

She told her aunt, "Aunt Jenny, we're going to have to make them for Uncle Moto's team, but we'll have to make them a lot bigger
Just found a very lengthy article from September 2013 in this heartfelt story. http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-tex...-in-a-smile-loaded-with-love-for-texans-myers

and a video http://www.today.com/video/today/53433653#53433653

WOW!! Just wow!! I pray for my healthy family and friends let alone this kid or anyone else... Dude, recalculate your moral compass.

Back