Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

My I'm Bored on Xmas night mock

With nothing better to do and all the settings moved on PFF simulator
never looked at trades and took best available in many cases
View attachment 11317

Not thrilled with the will anderson pick or the bijan robinson pick in the 3rd..but could get on board with everything else if it broke this way.

Reactions: JB
For those of you who do a simulator mock with no trades, can you post the 1st rd so we can see who was available and when other players were selected....if you don't mind. Thanks

always looking for Tyreek Hill speed was selected (5th rd. #165) Devon Achane 4th rd. #96 overall (Simulators do not include supplemental picks until after announced so would probably be off the board earlier. In fact, should only do 2 rounds until then to be more realistic).

I'm really liking this new mock by Drafttek for the Texans
#2 Bryce Young
#12 Tyree Wilson
#33 Jalin Hyatt
#65 Devon Achane
#73 Darnell Washington
#103 Ivan Pace Jr
#135 Jalen Moreno-Cropper
#185 Jermaine Lola
#198 Christian Braswell
#202 Isheem Young
#204 TJ Bass
#230 Darius Rush

link
I know nothing of anyone after the ILB at #103, but man what a great first 4 rounds that would be!

I'm really liking this new mock by Drafttek for the Texans
#2 Bryce Young
#12 Tyree Wilson
#33 Jalin Hyatt
#65 Devon Achane
#73 Darnell Washington
#103 Ivan Pace Jr
#135 Jalen Moreno-Cropper
#185 Jermaine Lola
#198 Christian Braswell
#202 Isheem Young
#204 TJ Bass
#230 Darius Rush

link
I know nothing of anyone after the ILB at #103, but man what a great first 4 rounds that would be!
Those first three are probably the shortest odds.
Me? I would like to see Stroud swapped in for Young.
Alternate:-
#2 Carter or Anderson
#12 Will Levis
#33 Jalin Hyatt

Last edited:
I traded down 3 spots with Seattle & picked up an extra 1st (#20) & 3rd this year & a 1st & 2nd in 2024. Most of these site generated mocks are a joke for now. Many of the players are being selected much later than they will be on draft day, but it's still fun to dream. Lol. By the way, I selected Tanner McKee (QB) by accident. I forgot I had drafted Stroud in the first. I guess we'll have some real competition at the QB position next year if this mock were real. Lol

Houston Texans
    C.J. Stroud
    QB Ohio State
    trade icon
    Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
    O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    trade icon
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Rashee Rice
    WR SMU
    trade icon
    DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

Zach Evans
    RB Ole Miss

Brandon Joseph
    S Notre Dame
    trade icon
    Tuli Tuipulotu
    EDGE USC

Tanner McKee
    QB Stanford

Roschon Johnson
    RB Texas

Ali Gaye
    EDGE LSU

Jadon Haselwood
    WR Arkansas

Nathaniel Dell
    WR Houston

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

These are really pointless but for some reason addictive. Traded back and still pulled two top 10 talents. Paris and Schmitz would cement a great OL. Richardson has elite traits to develop behind Mills, worst case two capable staters with potential for a home run. They gave Tre’Vius Hodges pick F grade which is ridiculous. He will be an elite slot corner, looks like type of hard nose, competitive defender a team like the Ravens would draft. They have him playing boundary which is a mistake because he lacks size/length but kick him inside he’ll be great addition. Kobie, is an excellent run defender, more of a need pick but has great motor, is versatile and strong. Immediate rotational DT/DE depth player with potential to become full time starter.

I have reservations about taking Young because of his size, but if he makes the team better & doesn't get killed doing it, then I'm okay with taking him. If this mock were to happen, our rebuild would be almost complete. And, that's not even taking into account what we could do in free agency. Plus, we have three 1st round picks in 2024. Pierce, Robinson & Johnson would give us three stud running backs to take the heat off of Young & Dell should be able to offer insurance if Metchie has any setbacks & could enhance the return game. I just wish this draft was a little deeper at the guard position.

pfn-logo-black

Bryce Young
    QB Alabama
    trade icon
    Bryan Bresee
    DT Clemson

Bijan Robinson
    RB Texas
    trade icon
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Rashee Rice
    WR SMU
    trade icon
    Lukas Van Ness
    EDGE Iowa
    trade icon
    Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
    CB TCU

Ji'Ayir Brown
    S Penn State

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

Zak Zinter
    OG Michigan
    trade icon
    Brenton Cox Jr.
    EDGE Florida

Roschon Johnson
    RB Texas

Ali Gaye
    EDGE LSU

Jadon Haselwood
    WR Arkansas

Nathaniel Dell
    WR Houston

• 2024 DET 1st

Okay, you have the top 10 picks plus #12 in this year's draft. Who are you going to pick to rebuild the Texans? Using PFF's mock simulator, you can force the other teams to trade with you. Using all 11 picks, I was able to rebuild the defensive line, add the best player in the draft as an OLB (Anderson), added plenty of playmakers on offense & filled the two gaping holes on the offensive line with the best RG & Center prospects in this year's draft. I chose Stroud over Young because of his size. I wanted to add Tuli Tuipulotu, but with 11 picks, you can only be so greedy. lol

1674945688614.png

Back